Author Topic: Midnight Madness park music  (Read 24921 times)

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Re: Midnight Madness park music
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2016, 02:02:13 AM »
The whole Moonlight Madness thing with the night rides, random music choices, and fireworks is obviously done to fill the void for their night time park they left to rot. (Celebration City)

While I do love and appreciate the traditional feel of SDC with the old folk music and bluegrass I do find for this event that the rules can be bent since the older crowds will likely be gone for the day already. But I do think they should still limit their choices. Modern and classic country music is fine and I even think music from the 50's-60's (ala Celebration City) and a select few from the 70's and 80's is acceptable. Just no screamo music, pop, or gangster rap.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2016, 03:12:27 PM »
Still, to play anything Rocky Horror not only breaks the 1800s theme, but the Christian theme, as well.  I am certain SDC does not endorse the Rocky Horror lifestyle; any inference that might be made to the contrary undermines the Message they try to otherwise portray.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
So I thought about going over this past weekend but got busy and did not make it, so thought I may try for next weekend.  How do the crowds go during this MM event?  For example, what days are busy, what times of day are busy? If I do my normal show up at opening and stay till about 3pm will that be before the really big crowds get there for MM?  I usually try to avoid the park on really busy days.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2016, 10:02:51 AM »
After "accidentally" going last year during the MM event, we now purposefully avoid that festival. Last year, we thought it would be fun to stay until midnight since we were there. The street dance with the 80's (1980's) cover band was depressing.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »
Pudgy, was the band depressing or the music...or both?  I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious. I was at MM several years ago on a nice night and enjoyed it, but I also didn't stay more than a couple hours.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2016, 01:26:28 PM »
I have never been to this event but I think next year I might plan on attending. Look for a older dude doing the time warp :o. Ive thrown many hotdogs at the screen in my day.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2016, 03:35:09 PM »
We are going this weekend.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2016, 04:31:31 PM »
Anyone gone thru the week? I might go tomorrow assuming the crowds will be lighter.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2016, 11:23:10 PM »
im going tomorrow and wednesday

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2016, 09:53:02 AM »
Pudgy, was the band depressing or the music...or both?  I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious. I was at MM several years ago on a nice night and enjoyed it, but I also didn't stay more than a couple hours.

It was depressing to me because it is not the SDC I expect. The music and band were fine if you are into that sort of thing. But when I walk through the grapevines into the Hospitality House, I'm used to hearing the sweet strains of bluegrass calling me back for another visit. Hearing 1980's hair band music ruins the ambiance in my opinion.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »

It was depressing to me because it is not the SDC I expect. The music and band were fine if you are into that sort of thing. But when I walk through the grapevines into the Hospitality House, I'm used to hearing the sweet strains of bluegrass calling me back for another visit. Hearing 1980's hair band music ruins the ambiance in my opinion.

I understand!  That's what I thought you meant.  It ruins the whole atmosphere.  I was okay with the music during the street dance, which looked like fun, with the citizens dancing with guests, but I don't want to hear it in any building or around rides or attractions and especially upon entering or leaving the grounds.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2016, 07:54:47 AM »
On Saturday starting around 5ish, I heard stupid country crap around the park loudly, which makes me even more pissed because I have to turn mine up even louder. Nobody wants to hear that. I came to hear good music since it is MM. PK, FITH, AND TGS all played it. Of all rides, WF didnt play it. Thank god because they always did before. I told customer service about this and they need to play good music. They said they never knew they were playing it. Im just happy EH and the Street Dance played good music. Those 2 things was the best part of my day while I was out there.

I compare the country crap to vacuum cleaner because every song sounds like a vacuum cleaner and the both suck.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 08:05:16 AM by Laroy »

pintrader

« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2016, 08:13:36 AM »
On Saturday starting around 5ish, I heard stupid country crap around the park loudly, which makes me even more pissed because I have to turn mine up even louder. Nobody wants to hear that. I came to hear good music since it is MM. PK, FITH, AND TGS all played it. Of all rides, WF didnt play it. Thank god because they always did before. I told customer service about this and they need to play good music. They said they never knew they were playing it. Im just happy EH and the Street Dance played good music. Those 2 things was the best part of my day while I was out there.

I compare the country crap to vacuum cleaner because every song sounds like a vacuum cleaner and the both suck.

When it's not Moonlight Madness how do you even step into the park with all of that terrible Bluegrass music playing??   Or do you consider the Bluegrass different from the country music.

Clint F

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I visit Silver Dollar City every other weekend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2016, 09:45:18 AM »
Laroy, Laroy, Laroy.  When you go into Silver Dollar City, you are stepping back into 1880's Ozarks.  Because of the theme of the park, it would be expected there would be music playing throughout the park that would add to the ambiance OF that theme.  Not detract from it.  That "country crap," as you call it, has been a part of Silver Dollar City from the beginning.  If you have been to the City more than a couple of times, you already know this.  Why would you call and complain to customer service about it when it's been there from the very start of the park?  You'll say it was because of the Moonlight Madness.  I call bull.  Maybe they had a dance on the square and played music during that dance that wasn't part of the normal theme.  Big deal.  That does not mean they should completely abandon the theme of the park during Moonlight Madness.  If you hate the music played around the City so much, I would suggest you stop going.  That way your ears don't have to be so offended by the music. 
I Love SDC!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2016, 09:50:46 AM »
On Saturday starting around 5ish, I heard stupid country crap around the park loudly,

Umm, you do realize that you are in the Ozarks, and that's the most popular kind of music around here.  That bluegrass, which they usually play, is a variation of country?  That the two are the foundations of the music in the park?

If you don't like country music, the SDC and Branson aren't the places for you to hang around if you don't want to complain about the music.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.