Author Topic: First Rap Show In Branson Featuring Nelly  (Read 10931 times)

Firstvisit1967

• McCoy
    • View Profile
First Rap Show In Branson Featuring Nelly
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »
Does this belong in Branson?  Does anyone want this guy and his style coming to Branson?  If Wayne Newton did not fit in how will this guy?

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: First Rap Show In Branson Featuring Nelly
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 10:03:24 PM »
Personally, rap music is not my cup of tea so I would have no interest or desire in going to his show.  However, I am a believer in free enterprise so I feel it is up to the marketplace to decide.  If the demand is there, the show will be successful.

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 05:40:07 AM »
Not interest'd myself..
Live life like it's the last day!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:32:15 AM »

I don't like rap at all but if they can put on a clean show and they keep it in line I welcome the business to the area.
There are hotels, restaurants and shops that need a injection on cash.  Drive up and down the strip, its looking rough out there.  The buss trips have put a shank into the sides of most of the businesses in Branson.
If they can create new shows for the (drive in) younger generation and they aren't drug and sexual fiestas then let em rip.
Branson needs the money.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:42 AM »
Does Nelly really have enough demographic support in the region to host a show in Branson? Many people in the Ozarks are just not into that style of entertainment. I would suspect that he would be more successful in Springfield, or Fayetteville, or Memphis, or better yet Los Angeles.

I am not opposed to him doing a show in Branson, it just seems a bit out of place for that style of music. However, Branson has been, and always will be an "open door" to all sorts of music.  :)

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 03:40:44 PM »
Nelly will do fine in Branson.  He's pretty popular with many demographics.  Also, they only need to fill up a few thousand seats, which shouldn't be a problem at all.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:59:22 PM »
In the latest Branson newspaper there is a story saying everything is clear and "go" tonight for the Nelly concert. If anyone hears how it turned out, please post. I'm interested to see how the first rap show in Branson goes over.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 08:17:01 AM »
OK! Anyone hear how the Nelly concert went last night in Branson???
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 09:33:21 AM »
From the comments on Grand Palace's wall on Facebook, sounds like the opening acts were bad, but Nelly was great. People really seem to be excited.

Apparently they announced their next several concerts last night:

Ludacris/Drake
Steve Miller Band
Tim McGraw
Train
Lenny Kravitz

There might be more, but the above is what one person reported.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »
Hmmm...interesting. I wish them well. Steve Miller Band, no problem. That's my generation!

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2010, 05:32:20 PM »
I have seen Lenny Kravitz, and he would put on a great show, I haven't seen the others. (Steve Miller was in town and I was supposed to go, but I was out of town, so the family went without me. Otherwise I am not a fan of the others listed...

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2010, 05:41:00 PM »
Tim McGraw is great! I also kinda like Lenny Kravitz.

I'd love to see Brad Paisley come. I LOVE his stuff.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 06:00:56 PM »
Wow, that’s awesome that so many “big names” are stopping by in Branson for a visit. Branson has world class “home grown” entertainment, but it is always nice to see new faces pass through.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 06:13:52 PM »
If you build it, they will come........See what happens when you build an airport?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »
I saw a link to the Branson Tri-Lakes Newspaper with some entertainment stories about the Nelly concert. It said the show went over fine, but there were threats against Nelly so after the show he jumped on the bus and headed for St. Louis. One quote said someone painted crosses on the parking lot.
Also a man who held church at the Mansion for the last few years on Sunday pulled his ministry out of the facility because he disagreed with theater managers over having the concert there.  Nelly allegedly had kept up with the press about the show and at one point in the show said something like "to all of you who didn't want the show to come...here we are...f*** you!" Management apparently was not pleased with the comment, but, whadda expect? All in all, it appeared things went well for the first Rap show in Branson. Who knows how long it will be before another one is booked.