Author Topic: Pictures or articles regarding the Duplicating Lathe and Tinch Clarkson?  (Read 3087 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
I received the following request a few days ago:

Do you have any pictures or articles regarding the Duplicating Lathe and Tinch Clarkson who made bats and rolling pins, he created the noodle cutters which were a big hit for years.  This would have been around the mid 1960\'s thru early 1980s? 

It's from a relative of Tinch. I know some of you guys were on the park around then.

Gary Clarkson

• View Profile
Tinch Clarkson was a Master Craftman~Entertainer @ the Old Duplicating Lathe, just like his co~entertainers~co worker buddies like the famous
Walker Powell~Mac Walden~Luther Taylor & Uncle Gene & Clayton Beal our Boss.

Sorry, don't have any pics of Tinch Clarkson at the Dupe  Lathe but do have several of him with my Dad while they were helping rebuild Pearl Harbor after the Japs bombed it Dec 7,1941~a day in infamy.

Tinch Clarkson is one of the many good & great men (like Shad Heller) that helped make make  SDC what it is today~Hats off to Tinch Clarkson & Shad Heller.

My Dad, Smokey & Tinch were cousins~so I guess that makes me a double "Cuzin"~LOL

SDC Gal

• View Profile
Re: Pictures or articles regarding the Duplicating Lathe and Tinch Clarkson?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:29:48 PM »
I have one of the Duplicating Lathe but have been told that the person in my photo is Luther Taylor, sorry.
Howdy Toots!