Author Topic: Frontier City Developments  (Read 175036 times)

Okie Hillbilly

• View Profile
Re: Frontier City Developments
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
I think I remember Wild Kitty. Was it the wooden coaster? I rode it at a company function there 12 or so years back. My company (OGE)sponsored 2 different weekends to go to FC on them. It was fun.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 10:34:57 PM »
I think I remember Wild Kitty. Was it the wooden coaster? I rode it at a company function there 12 or so years back. My company (OGE)sponsored 2 different weekends to go to FC on them. It was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJNFFyBMANU

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 12:13:50 PM »
I would assume that means Wild Kitty is being replaced. I thought I heard a rumor about that happening some time ago anyway. Lots of memories on those little Herschell/Schiff/Molina & Sons coasters, but it's time for parks to get rid of them and bring in the modern Zamperla/Miller coasters. I remember seeing plenty of young kids get their heads bashed into the sides of the cars on the old Molina & Sons coaster that was at SDC because it was so ridiculously jerky in it's later years.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 12:50:01 PM »
I would assume that means Wild Kitty is being replaced. I thought I heard a rumor about that happening some time ago anyway. Lots of memories on those little Herschell/Schiff/Molina & Sons coasters, but it's time for parks to get rid of them and bring in the modern Zamperla/Miller coasters. I remember seeing plenty of young kids get their heads bashed into the sides of the cars on the old Molina & Sons coaster that was at SDC because it was so ridiculously jerky in it's later years.

The new kiddie coaster in GE is just fine for coaster introductions for the kids.

Okie Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2013, 09:37:18 PM »
Sorry. My bad. It was Wildcat I remember riding, not Wild Kitty. Senior moment, brain fart, You understand. We may have to check out FC this summer. Sounds like its improving!

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2013, 06:09:28 PM »
REad this today:

Screamscape sources tell us that the Cactus Coaster (Allan Herschell Little Dipper coaster) from Elitch Gardens will be brought to Frontier City as a replacement for the park’s existing Wild Kitty coaster (also an Allan Herschell Little Dipper). The slightly older Wild Kitty coaster was apparently in need of some costly track work or replacement, so instead the park will replace it with the nearly identical Cactus Coaster, reusing the same station and keeping the existing Wild Kitty name. Most guests will probably never know that it was swapped out in the off season.

TinTypeGuy

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:55 PM »
Whereas Old Time Photos are not a major thrill or attraction, we just wanted to let everyone know that Ashley Nostalgia (The Old Time Photo and Costume Company that does the TinType photos at Silver Dollar City) will be operating Matthew Brady's Old Time Photography at Frontier City this season.  Also, Ashley Nostalgia will be doing the Souvenir ride photos for Wildcat and Steel Lasso.  In addition, we also plan on having a front gate photo set up up at Frontier City!

TinTypeGuy

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2013, 02:32:01 AM »
I have been out at Frontier City the past two days setting up our new old time photo studio and Ride Photos and just wanted to say the park is looking great!  I will have a couple of photos for you guys here in a day or so, once they are downloaded, but here are just a couple that I took with my phone.  One of them was taken while standing on Wildcat testing the ride photo system and the other is of our 1920s Roaring twenties set still undergoing so updates and changes. 

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2013, 07:17:15 PM »
TinTypeGuy: Glad to have your input and photos. Thanks so much. How many parks do you service yourself? Can you give us some photos of the places you go on business?
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

TinTypeGuy

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »
Junior, I would be glad to share photos as I visit the parks. Currently my four major parks are Dollywood, Hershey Park, Silver Dollar City, and Frontier City. I also have a couple Renaissance Festivals and Santa operations but I will leave those out. It's a busy time of year with all the parks getting ready and some already open!

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2014, 08:55:55 AM »
Frontier City is up to something........they are throwing hints out on Facebook.

So far we know:
1. They are building something new
2. It arrived on April 22, 2014
3. It holds 16 passengers
4. it will be open before Memorial Day Weekend
5. It's brand new...still has the new car smell

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:48 AM »
Hmm interesting... I'm not sure anything major could be setup in just a few weeks, but I wasn't even expecting a new ride for this year so I'm excited for it. I just hope it doesn't take up too much valuable real estate if it's not going to be a major attraction. There's only a couple places left in the park where they could stuff a marquee attraction, and they really need to add one soon.

Facebook's stupid new settings resulted in me not seeing these photos until now (they're trying to force page owners to pay for "boosts"). Thanks for pointing it out.

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2014, 04:34:59 PM »
Here's today's hint: A new ride is flying into the park which required Frontier City to move a road.

Jay

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
In case anyone didn't see the facebook posting today, the new ride is a set of flyers. Not a bad addition, especially since we weren't expecting anything. This is in addition to yet another round of maintenance and re-hab throughout the park. It's enough to convince me to get out there again sometime this year to check it out.

One marquee, re-rideable attraction and this park will be solid. I wish they would tear out the wildcat and replace it with a GCII.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »
In case anyone didn't see the facebook posting today, the new ride is a set of flyers. Not a bad addition, especially since we weren't expecting anything. This is in addition to yet another round of maintenance and re-hab throughout the park. It's enough to convince me to get out there again sometime this year to check it out.

One marquee, re-rideable attraction and this park will be solid. I wish they would tear out the wildcat and replace it with a GCII.

So agree with the GCI comment considering the work they are doing with smaller parks like Fun Spot in Orlando and the planned coaster at Panama City Beach.