Author Topic: Discounts for Silver Dollar City  (Read 96591 times)

CA in Roswell

• View Profile
Re: Discounts for Silver Dollar City
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »
What is a BAF.  We go Branson every 2 years for family reunion for the last 3 reunions.  We are thinging about a season pass vs daily ticket so we would have to worry about schedules.  Wish they were trasferable to my uncle when we leave.  I am trying to squeeze as much value as possible out our vacation. 

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
What is a BAF.  We go Branson every 2 years for family reunion for the last 3 reunions.  We are thinging about a season pass vs daily ticket so we would have to worry about schedules.  Wish they were trasferable to my uncle when we leave.  I am trying to squeeze as much value as possible out our vacation. 

A BAF is a bring a friend ticket.  Season passholders who purchase passes before the season begins receive bring a friend tickets.  Some BAFs allow free admission.  Some BAFs are for $10 admission.  The BAFs a season passholder receives is based on how early the passes are bought.  Generally the free BAFs are given when people buy season passes by December 31.  For example, the people who bought 2011 season passes purchased the passes by 12/31/10 in order to get the BAF free admissions.  If they bought season passes in January - March, they received the $10 BAFs.

You can still buy season passes now but you will not get BAFs with the pass.  Season passes are not transferrable.

CA in Roswell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »
Thanks - Great info to know  - if we reunion in Branson in 2013 I think I will get season passes early. Do you have any other vacation on a shoestring hints?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 03:07:33 PM »
We as a group get a discount on motel rates @ www.eagleslodgebranson.com
 rate is only 40.00 per nite, you can Paige At 417-366-2666

Also your silver dollar city passes get you discounts on food in the park.

Passes also get you a 50% discount on a meal and a show on The Showboat Branson Belle.

There are several food discounts and attraction discounts in branson, with the SDC pass.

Hope this helps a little.  If you have any specific questions, ask. We will either have the answer or find it for you.

Good Luck!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 06:37:29 PM »
Thanks - Great info to know  - if we reunion in Branson in 2013 I think I will get season passes early. Do you have any other vacation on a shoestring hints?

Here are some Branson websites that will help you save money:
http://www.branson2for1tickets.com/
http://www.bransonguestcard.com/Home.html
http://www.joplinglobeonline.com/branson_new/
http://www.facebook.com/travelhostbranson
http://sunnydayguide.com/branson/index.php
http://bransonvip.com/

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2011, 06:38:19 PM »
I really like the idea of the BAF "swap meet". Would anyone find it inappropriate to start a dedicated thread just for this? No buying or selling, only trading or giving. I see BAF's traded all the time on the 1Branson forum, seems like this site would be a good place for that too.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2011, 07:31:40 PM »
we have talked about that before.

I thought we had actually started a thread about doing the trade thing, or if we had used ones that somebody could use.. 

Anyway i could not find it. ???  anybody else?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »
We have talked about it before.  At length.

I'll let our host, Shavethewhales, respond with his thoughts.  I would rather no one begin such activity until you get word from him.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:41 PM »
I did not realize it had been discussed before. I found a post or two discussing the morality of selling BAF's but I did not find any threads regarding just a place to exchange them. I do not intend to do anything further with the idea, was just throwing it out there. My apologies.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 07:52:17 PM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
no apology needed.  IF it has not been started yet, I think we should do so,,,

I bet shave can find the thread i am thinking about..

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2011, 08:25:32 PM »
It's natural to have those ideas, Larsons.  I just wanted to refer the question to Shavethewhales and let him decide whether it is appropriate for the fan forum.  No apologies necessary.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2011, 09:12:26 PM »
Here at Eagle's Lodge we also sell the 2 days for the price of 1 (some of the hotels here and All Access Branson do to). Just use the 2nd day within the 3rd day of your 1st visit to SDC. You can always upgrade these tickets to a season pass for the difference between the 1 day admission to season pass price. I have been informed the Splash & Play tickets should be advertised in May for the 3 day pass to use between White Water and SDC.  ;)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »
On the BAF issue, I'm not entirely sure what SDC's stance is on trading. I know they've definitely allowed it to go on for a number of years now and will let you enter the park with BAF's that come from other people, but I'm not sure it would look good for us to promote that practice in general. I'll have to look into.

As for discounts in general, the eagle's lodge deal pared with the 2 days for the price of 1 ticket is the best way to go, IMO. Also remember that SDC allows you to bring in your own food and drinks into the park, so you could bring a small cooler and take advantage of that.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2011, 08:25:21 AM »
shave,  your right of course..  just let us know what you decide on how to "handle" this topic.

lalamocha1

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2011, 03:41:37 PM »

All Access Branson is a local company in Branson and they always have the 2 day tickets for SDC as well as great discounts on other shows and attractions in Branson, and they do free delivery to your hotel if you're staying in Branson, we've been using their service for several years and you can't beat their prices anywhere and you don't have to do a crazy timeshare tour either.   their website is www.allaccessbranson.com