Author Topic: SDC's 2013 Project  (Read 722606 times)

sawblade5

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2013 Project
« Reply #1155 on: August 01, 2012, 01:29:12 AM »
Well all this spoiler talk over shadowed the fact that I did make it to SDC this past weekend and took photos via using my video cam on my iPhone4. (I wish it had 1080P for this task for you have to do with 720P) I even took photos of a Tour Group that took place on Sunday around 7:30PM. I am jealous of em as I wish I could be back there with em does anyone recognize anyone in the group? Some of the photos shows things you have seen before but I also took some photos of interesting spots including something popping up from behind the fence that is blocking some sort of surprise. Other spots show some supports coming out of the station besides the lift and a bunny hop before the lift cross over. Enjoy! BTW on the topic of spoilers, They did not work too well on the Top Thrill Dragster Trains at Cedar Point and was removed by the end of the first season, I hope they are not putting spoilers on the trains here! :>

I look forward to the remaining surprises on the 9th.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: August 01, 2012, 06:50:41 AM »
So much for plugging the leak.  Screamscape has now posted the layout.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 01, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »
I thought about going on the ninth for the day. Is there anything special they will do for the grand revealing???
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: August 01, 2012, 08:53:46 AM »
OK!!  OK!!!,  I looked at the layout finally... Looks great! all you thrill riders should be in love!!!.

my question is this..... WHERE IS THE TUNNEL???????    LOL????

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 01, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »
Unless the test site and layout that were leaked is totally fake, I can't imagine what other surprises could be in store for next week. And the layout many of us have seen seems to line up seamlessly with all of the pictures from onsite. I wish I believed there was still going to be something truly newsworthy next week, but I'm totally skeptical at this point. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1160 on: August 01, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
There is plenty more to be excited for on announcement day. For one thing, we haven't had a good look at the awesome trains, or the POV. There will also be new footage from exclusive angles down in the valleys where you can actually see things, more thematic information that we all love, and much more.

I'm disappointed that Screamscape went ahead and posted the layout. Now it is really out there. I know SDC has put a lot of effort into making August 9 special and as fans we really should be supporting them. I recommend discouraging people from posting it all over facebook and other social sites, although now that Screamscape has posted it that will be hard to contain.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #1161 on: August 01, 2012, 10:38:49 AM »
Yeah, I am pretty disappointed in Lance for posting it.  I mean I can understand websites overseas as they don't know any better, but Lance at Screamscape has been around for awhile and should understand how this works by now.
SWOOSH

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #1162 on: August 01, 2012, 10:58:09 AM »
Nothing remains a secret over the internet for sure! I am still stoked about the progress being made with this coaster, and hopefully after the announcement is official, both employees, and guest alike can finally express freely their thoughts, and details regarding the project. :)

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: August 01, 2012, 11:02:08 AM »
It certainly is.

I'm still jacked about the ride. I just meant we really already know practically everything there is to know about it now. It's not as if next Thursday someone is going to pull back the curtain and go, "No, this is actually the real coaster."  

Definitely interested in seeing the POV video(s) and such, just seems like there isn't much left in terms of newness. I saw the trains on the test site prior to it being pulled down. Looks like they'll be pretty cool, and should be really interesting with no OTSR's.  

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: August 01, 2012, 11:07:54 AM »
As a marketing major I think it was good whether intentional or not. You can't buy the buzz around this coaster and it's all coming for free while 99 percent of their patrons are oblivious as to whats going on. I'd take credit for it cause it was something that was forbidden and the intrigue to seek it that was involved. Leaking stuff is old hat in the music biz to generate hype cor the release date. Rap is rampant in it.

Colby Cox

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I'm your number one fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: August 01, 2012, 03:50:10 PM »
It doesn't really upset me that I saw the layout early, but I am hopeful that the spread of the layout doesn't go too far. I don't want Silver Dollar City to miss out on their chance to have a big reveal like this one and I hope the excitement isn't too much ruined for their marketing guys by this leak.

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: August 01, 2012, 03:58:43 PM »
I'd have to agree with Chittlins. The leaking of the layout and other things may be a bummer but look at the amount of buzz that is being generated. All the different coaster forums are being flooded with all kinds of posts and speculations. I know it sucks for those that wanted to wait for the 9th but look at how much publicity SDC is getting over this leak! Whether the leak was intentional or not SDC is still benefiting.

I don't think the surprise is ruined, so what if we know the key details about this ride and the layout; it's still going to be an epic reveal on the 9th. The pictures and videos of the actual ride still have not been seen (well not by everybody).

There is still a lot to look forward to!!!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1167 on: August 01, 2012, 05:28:28 PM »
Where do you guys think all that buzz will be in a week from now when the park has all the media gathered for the originally specified announcement date? How many people do you think will tune in to hear the rest of the details about the park, the ride, and any offerings the park might be trying to push to increase sales?

Having a leak and creating some buzz isn't all bad, but in this case it isn't nearly as good as if it hadn't happened. I'm peeved that SDCFans was apparently the first place where the leak was blown. I know it would have been found and posted somewhere else eventually due to the fact that it ended up on google and was unprotected, but still...

I'm officially going to make a rule against posting "secret" park information on here. As fans of the park we shouldn't be trying to circumvent their multimillion dollar investments and planning. Rumors are one thing, but taking advantage of an oversight on their part, however large, is just something fans shouldn't do.

cjfootball_89

• Hatfield
  • Proud SDC fan for almost two decades!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: August 01, 2012, 06:14:11 PM »
I myself did not leak anything but I did post about how to get to the cached website. I didn't expect such a harsh reaction to all of this, so I thought it would be harmless to give instructions on how to see the site. I think this leak can be seen as a good or bad thing. The only people that know of the leak are enthusiasts anyways, and leak or no leak they will tune in on the 9th. Because no enthusiast is ok with just seeing a layout of a record breaking ride and then not wanting to see what is shown/said at the official announcement. Most of the general public knows nothing about this leak. It just got everybody in the coaster world's juices flowin'.

I was initially bummed by the leak but I feel it won't be as much of a negative thing as people are talking it up to be.

I see where shave is coming from however I respectfully disagree.

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: August 01, 2012, 06:25:16 PM »
I have just been sitting back reading the comments and decided to go ahead and post...I haven't looked at or looked for the layouts simply because I want to respect SDC and let them show me their "big surprise." I know I wouldn't want to have purchased a very special gift for my wife or kids only to have somebody else give it to them. To me, it's a lot the same...I agree with Shave about being disappointed about the leak from this fansite...To me, we are supposed to be SDC's most loyal supporters and I feel like SDC putting in such a ride is showing their appreciation and loyalty back to us...and this is how we thank them...Additionally, SDC will be very tight lipped in the future about any project to fans, employees, etc...Anyway, these are just my thoughts...with that being said I know that each of us is very passionate about our beloved SDC and love to discuss what's going on and sharing information gleened...you talk about things that you are passionate about so I do not fault anybody from that perspective...it's just important to make sure to channel that passion appropriately...and I know nobody who is a SDC fan would ever purposefully do anything to disrespect SDC or the PTB...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:31:52 PM by joshblakebran »
Colorado SDC Fan