Author Topic: dogpatch usa  (Read 85696 times)

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: dogpatch usa
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2014, 04:55:20 PM »
Very sad to see what use to be a great family entertainment park.  It would take $$$$ to bring it back to its glory.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 02, 2014, 07:21:03 PM »
Very sad to see what use to be a great family entertainment park.  It would take $$$$ to bring it back to its glory.

Ain't no way it's ever going to see it's former glory. The current owner has visions of lollipops of it as something but not a full fledged theme park. It's too remote for the times, when it was developed, the Buffalo was up in the air on whether it was going to get dammed up by the COE. That ain't ever happening.

Now, I've thought it would be neat to see it reborn in a different location as a Super FEC/Resort

Here's my latest musings

Here's a strip for reference

The opening center would consist of this:

It would consist of three highly themed 18 hole mini golf courses, two outside, one themed as a backlit cave indoors that would be part of an indoor section of the development

Teetering Rock(see strip) is the focus of the whole outside area. Teetering Rock would be home to a great mine train coaster and either a log flume or a raft ride. The rides would interact with each other and the two outdoor mini golf courses.

The City of Dogpatch will consist of a mixture of themed to the strip buildings one being a hotel with an exclusive indoor waterpark(year round appeal) for guest, eateries and a few retail outlets. It would also be the entrance to the indoor section that would consist of rides and attractions designed for indoor use and the indoor mini golf course.(more year round appeal) There could also be a Dogpatch Review stage show as part of this section. There would be a bowling alley and indoor go cart track.

Skonkworks is an indoor spinner coaster with possibly a microcraft brew place producing Kickapoo Joy Juice sharing the footprint. Pincus 2 and 7 can be visited by a launch tower. There would be a couple of toddler flats,  several family flats and a thrill flat based on stuff in the comic.

Areas of  potential expansion include Skunk Hollow and Badlands. I envision a woodie in one area and a nice steel coaster of some sort in the other.

Why bother with Dogpatch? Uniqueness, there's nothing like it out there and it's rich in characters.

But folks don't know what it is anymore, hasn't time forgot it? So.....It's a social media marketing/guerrilla marketing campaign waiting to happen.

How much would it cost? I'd price it like Fun Spot in Orlando. a reloadable fun card with price per attraction or an unlimited wristband

This is more like something you see in the Dells, but this is the Ozarks, why here? Well, exactly, there's none of this around. You got your typical summer folks but there's lots of cabin fever cities around in a half days drive(STL, KC, Tulsa, OKC, NWA, LR, Memphis)  Lot's of my idea comes from Timberfalls and Mt. Olympus and have you priced a night at the Dallas Great Wolf for a stay between Christmas and New Years?  400 bucks a night, Holy Cow!!!!!! It would be much better than anything in Branson currently. Ya, that's you Grand Country where have to walk outside in the cold to the waterpark and the rooms leave a lot to be desired, like a mattress that ain't a rock.

Anyway that's just spitballing. Any ideas from the board? Any venture capitalist? I didn't win the lottery this past weekend.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2014, 06:15:35 PM »
How did we miss this? The new owner wants to turn dog patch into a nude theme park, lol!

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/dogpatch-usa-owner-announces-plans-open-nude-theme-park-property/

“I was a huge fan of Dogpatch as a kid, but one of the problems of the original park, in my opinion, was that everybody was required to wear clothing...

I'm just amazed at how some people can just come out of the blue and propose crazy stupid ridiculous things like this.

Anyone heard any updates on this? I assume it got shot down instantly by whatever regional board would oversee it, but it would be entertaining to see them keep pushing for it.

EDIT: Nope, wait, I didn't even look at the header before posting this. It's from a satire site. That's the first time one of these types of things has really got me, but I've never heard of this site before so I wasn't expecting it. Pretty funny though.

The trout hatchery sounds like a better plan.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:20:05 PM by shavethewhales »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 22, 2014, 06:45:26 PM »
Now that's funny!!..  I don't care who you are.......

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 22, 2014, 10:50:58 PM »
Them ticks and chiggers would've had a field day!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2014, 12:10:19 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D   ::)   ;D ;D ;D ;D   LOVED IT!

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2014, 03:19:02 PM »
Them ticks and chiggers would've had a field day!

...not to mention...
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
How did we miss this? The new owner wants to turn dog patch into a nude theme park, lol!

http://www.rockcitytimes.com/dogpatch-usa-owner-announces-plans-open-nude-theme-park-property/

“I was a huge fan of Dogpatch as a kid, but one of the problems of the original park, in my opinion, was that everybody was required to wear clothing...

I'm just amazed at how some people can just come out of the blue and propose crazy stupid ridiculous things like this.

Anyone heard any updates on this? I assume it got shot down instantly by whatever regional board would oversee it, but it would be entertaining to see them keep pushing for it.

EDIT: Nope, wait, I didn't even look at the header before posting this. It's from a satire site. That's the first time one of these types of things has really got me, but I've never heard of this site before so I wasn't expecting it. Pretty funny though.

The trout hatchery sounds like a better plan.  ;)

That's the Akansas version of The Onion.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2014, 10:26:03 AM »
Interesting site.  :o smh

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 28, 2014, 08:25:01 AM »
Real news about Dogpatch -- will be open for walking tours next Friday and Saturday, December 5 and 6, noon - 5 pm. Tours are free but there will be donation boxes set up. Supposed to have volunteers to answer questions and some live entertainment.

More details from Hometown Radio:
http://www.hometowndailynews.com/23206/former_dogpatch_property_to_give_tours.html

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2014, 03:58:39 PM »
Wow, I'd love to attend.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2014, 05:04:51 PM »
That would/could be a very interesting tour. IF anyone goes............. PICTURES PLEASE!!!..............

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 28, 2014, 09:52:28 PM »
Forgot to mention that I drove by Dogpatch less than 2 weeks ago. The pictures do seem to indicate there has been some work done.

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2014, 04:04:15 PM »
My friend, Eddie, has been doing volunteer work when he's free.  He's helping with this weekends event.  I'll be down there tomorrow, of course I'll post pics on facebook,next week!  ;D
RIP Chippewa Lake Park