Author Topic: Christmas discounts.....  (Read 2999 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Christmas discounts.....
« on: August 23, 2012, 05:30:43 PM »
I checked the website, not seeing any details....

it seems to me last year they had a OTC special, come in late to see the lites, entry was like 30 bucks..... is this done every year?  or just a promo for last year?

?????

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Christmas discounts.....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 06:07:57 PM »
Never heard of that discount before
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 06:18:41 PM »
swoosh, must have been a special for last year... and may have been tied to the times also..  i didnt really pay attention to it since i have SP,

a buddy of mine wants to take his family down during OTC, and as we know that can get expensive for a family for 1 day,, :o :o

i know i saw something last fall..... just dont remember where ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 06:43:38 PM »
I think you may be right.  I seem to recall something like that, also -  Arrive late and stay til closing...

sdcfan60

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »
We did that last year,it was an online promotion,but you could pick up your tickets at the  window. We went the week after Christmas,don't remember when it started. We went at 7 the night before,and all the next day for the 30 dollars.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
If I remember correctly its during the later part of the Christmas season. It seems they did this promotion after the first week or so of December.  I thought they had a coupon they mailed out to us in the times and then they started to email the deal out to us as well.  I don't know that I would count on it but I do think that its a good barometer of how the season is going.

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 08:55:20 PM »
They do offer the discount later in December a few weeks or so before they close for the season. They have been doing this for quite a few years just the dates of when changes. We do get mail/printed notifications at the hotel about it (not yet for this year but will ask the SDC brochure rack refill driver, he might have some early insight). They do the same for the midnight madness but only for like the last 7 days of it during the summer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 07:58:26 AM »
Paige, when/if you hear something, let me know....