Author Topic: Apple Dumpling's  (Read 15332 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Apple Dumpling's
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 06:52:51 PM »
We had APPLE DUMPLINGS with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce TODAY!

On a scale of 1 - 10 please rate your apple dumpling experience so I may be jealous of you.......

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
We had APPLE DUMPLINGS with cinnamon ice cream and caramel sauce TODAY! :) :)

good for you...... Did you bring back a couple to Homestay so i could have 1 when i get there saturday???

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 06:59:06 PM »
I had mine with the caramel topping and hubs didn't........they both rated a 10 PLUS....and no we didn't bring any back to Homestay.Have to have one again, maybe before we go home.

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
Caramel sauce?!?!?   :o  I've never had one with caramel sauce.  That must be a new one.  For the record where did you find the dumplings at, cheesehead?

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Across from flooded mine exit, in one of those carts,  before echo hollow on the right....they also sell strawberries and cream.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 08:09:50 AM »
Across from flooded mine exit, in one of those carts,  before echo hollow on the right....they also sell strawberries and cream
Maybe they have listened to our cries for the missing apple dumplings.....

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 05:11:33 PM »
^^^  Woo Hoo, the Apple Dumpling Gang strikes again!   ;D

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 07:57:43 PM »
We had some again today and they were not as good as the yesterday....they were hard and the apples were dry and chewy.....but still edible.....must have been leftover from the day before.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 09:29:57 PM »
Saw them today, but did not try them. I swore off buying anthing else after my dried out bowl of potatoes that cost me $9.00. I thought they were leftover from yesterday also.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2012, 11:05:13 AM »
Saw them today, but did not try them. I swore off buying anthing else after my dried out bowl of potatoes that cost me $9.00. I thought they were leftover from yesterday also.
Runner, I hate the fact that the quality of food has dropped at the city but I am starting to see that they do respond to
the voice of the crowd.  You never know if this is a employee decision that caused you to get old tasting food or if it was a corporate decision.  I would go to the guest relations booth when you leave and voice your opinion or I would better yet pen a letter directly to the manager of the park.  I had a dealing with them some years ago and they handled the issue promptly and to my satisfaction. I will not go into it with the exception of supporting there reaction to my issue. Write  a letter to them.
And try the apple dumpling, its worth the money.

SDC Gal

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2012, 01:05:58 PM »
I sure hope the food quality doesn't go down, that's another thing that makes Silver Dollar City so wonderful.  Since we are also a Disney family, we have always felt that Disney food is way overpriced for "meh" food.  And there's only a small annual pass discount on a few places.  Silver Dollar City's food has always been very very good (and part of why we get excited to come!) and reasonably priced, and the season passholder's discount is nice.

One of my favorite desserts was always the Strawberry Pie at Big Jack's.  But the last few times we've been there, it's been during Christmas and strawberries are out of season, so we haven't had any in ages.  Are they still serving the pie?  We're heading down next weekend and just wondering if I should even check.

Lori
Howdy Toots!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2012, 06:53:13 PM »
Mhguy, I might try a letter. I guess i remember to much how good the food used to be. The skillet potatoes were always my favorite, but now I probably will not try them again. Will sure try the dumplings next time though.