Author Topic: Buck Taylor and Friends  (Read 4322 times)

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
Buck Taylor and Friends
« on: August 26, 2012, 09:49:32 AM »
SDC mainstay during the Fall Festival- Buck Taylor will be returning with his Western inspired watercolors and he is bringing friends this year! The app (and I am sure the website outline the exact dates fo these TV and Hollywood western celebrities)

Edward Faulkner
Johnny Washbrook
Mark Goddard
Lee Aaker
James Hampton
Peter Brown

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Buck Taylor and Friends
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 09:58:02 AM »
Queston about Buck Taylor: Has anyone ever asked him about his father's voice over role as Grandpappy at Rube Dugan's Diving Bell? Curious. I'd like to visit with him this year about that. I don't even know if it is something he is aware of, or cares about.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 09:59:43 AM by Junior »
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
Funny Junior, You commented this same thing 2 yrs and 1 day ago!

Title: Buck Taylor and Dub Taylor: The SDC Connection!
Post by: Junior on August 25, 2010, 04:44:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buck Taylor played "Newley" on the TV show Gunsmoke back in the 60's & 70's. He is now an acclaimed Western artist, who displays his work at the Harvest Festival at SDC. He's been a part of the event for the last few years. Did you know that Buck's dad, Dub Taylor, an actor known for many roles on TV and film, also has a SDC connection? Dub Taylor was the "voice" of Grandpappy Dugan at Rube Dugan's Diving Bell. I'd like to ask that if anyone has a chance to meet Buck this year that they ask him about his dad's voice-over roll at the diving bell. I tried the last two years to get up to meet him, but with no luck. Dub Taylor passed away a few years ago, but his credits included The Andy Griffith Show, Little House on the Prairie, The Twilight Zone, Hee Haw, and being a "sidekick" in many Western movies. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 02:12:51 PM »
I know he's sponsoring the "Dress like A Cowboy" contest during the festival.  I've already got my cowboy shootin' outfits picked out.  I'll be there and wearing them on Sept 22nd and Oct 20th.  The winner of the best costume wins 4 2013 Season Passes!  Yeehaw!!!
I'm Your Huckleberry

treed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:38:24 AM »
I always thought the voice at the diving bell was Slim Pickens.
Tony

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 04:44:28 PM »
Captain Rube Dugan's voice...Slim Pickens   Grandpappy Dugan's voice...Dub Taylor
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 09:19:51 AM »
We met Lee Aaker Saturday. What a pleasant man. He told story after story about John Wayne (Hondo) and Geraldine Page (Hondo). He really loved making that movie and working with those actors. He talked about the dogs that played Rin Tin Tin - there were 3 and they each had their "duty" (actor, stunt, etc.). We really enjoyed our time with him.  ;D

Buck Taylor has a special going on - buy one and get one of equal or lesser value for FREE! Yes, of course we did that. He is so much fun to talk to and so is his lovely wife.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 09:20:23 AM by busymom4kc »
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 05:54:06 PM »
we also bought a couple of his smaller prints, 1 of Matt Dillon and 1 of festus...... 54.00 bucks! not bad, great pictures....

We wanted a large on of the whole "gang" at the saloon,  but it was 300!!  Super nice though...

He does a great job with his watercolors..