Author Topic: SDC's 2015 Project  (Read 386303 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2015 Project
« Reply #1020 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:09 AM »
Where are these 16 & 20 passenger towers?
Have they built any in the US?  Because I have yet to see one and it's not like parks are really building them anymore.  Most that are going to have one already do.

Dude, why so hostile.

Everything I posted came from their websight.

It wasn't hostile. It was inquisitive.  If you applied a hostile tone to my post while reading it then that's your perogative.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 30, 2015, 08:51:35 AM »
Where are these 16 & 20 passenger towers?
Have they built any in the US?  Because I have yet to see one and it's not like parks are really building them anymore.  Most that are going to have one already do.

Dude, why so hostile.

Everything I posted came from their websight.

It was inquisitive. 

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 30, 2015, 07:46:30 PM »
Nothing but funnin' with Swoosh and yeah if we did get crossways it'll go to PM.

Some of us hang at some rough team message boards or others like it especially us SEC folk and we tend to know when someone is crappie fishing with 20 poles handing out with  pale full of minners.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:56:49 PM by chittlins »

CaptainTom

• View Profile
    • CaptainTom's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1023 on: March 30, 2015, 10:17:56 PM »
[ADMIN EDIT - FYI, I deleted a number of argumentative posts in this thread, but will leave this one. - Shave]

I love SDC and have been going since I was a kid back in the 70s. I enjoy sharing knowledge with people about the parks that I attend often, and I love learning history, tips, or tricks from other like minded people.

The beauty of coming to a new forum is that at first I don't have any opinion or allegiance to anyone on it. With that being said I would like to share my observations with some of you, especially the moderators.

This young man, Leroy, is getting a really bad shake on here. I don't know him or anyone else on here from Adam, and you can take my observation or leave it. It has just gotten to the point of bullying and harassment that I felt like I needed to stand up and say something.

I went back and read every one of Leroy's posts....all 98 of them and even put them into context to get a feel to how the post was "sounding" in response to other posts. I totally admit that some of his ideas of shows, music, or rides are ridiculous to my ear for my beloved SDC, but I can tell, nonetheless, that he is excited and has an equal love of the park and doesn't say a negative thing to anyone. He also seems to feel he has an "in" at the park and that he may hold knowledge that the rest of us don't have. Too all this I say.....SO WHAT, who cares, just because you don't like what he says it doesn't give some of you the right to make personal attacks on him.

To those of you that felt the need to make fun of this young man's photos and bully him by referring to Deliverance, basically saying he looks like an inbreed, and if he plays banjo, or calling him a troll (2015 Meet Up thread)....shame on you. I understand all of your inferences, whether he does or not, whether you admit it or not, it is incredibly offensive. All your other little snide comments say a whole lot more about you, than it does of him. If anyone deserves to be banned from this site...it is those making these personal attacks, not the guy that who seems like he is trying to be helpful, even if he maybe a little bit of a narcissist.

Moderators....take this however you want, I just couldn't in good conscience sit back while these "veteran" posters continued to act like elitist forum bullies. I would think that everyone would be accepting of others that are here to share their love of this park and post ideas of what they would like to see, even if you don't agree with these ideas. If I am now unwelcome here because of this post, then so-be-it, I will just say.....Enjoy the park and try to remember the Christian values that it prides itself on. Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:55:14 PM by shavethewhales »
We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #1024 on: March 30, 2015, 11:01:36 PM »
Too all this I say.....SO WHAT, who cares, just because you don't like what he says it doesn't give some of you the right to make personal attacks on him.

Moderators....take this however you want, I just couldn't in good conscience sit back while these "veteran" posters continued to act like elitist forum bullies. I would think that everyone would be accepting of others that are here to share their love of this park and post ideas of what they would like to see, even if you don't agree with these ideas. If I am now unwelcome here because of this post, then so-be-it, I will just say.....Enjoy the park and try to remember the Christian values that it prides itself on. Thanks for listening.

Thanks CaptainTom, well said. Some people here will be taking a break from the board until their attitude adjusts. I'm so tired of this and I don't understand why it's so hard for people to get it.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 31, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
Thank you to the both of you! I wont say that love you both right now, because someone might call me gay. But i could hug you both right now! By the way, im not gay.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 31, 2015, 10:11:07 AM »
Also, I dont think Im a narcissist because I am not Selfish. I love helping people get to where they want to go because I love helping the guests, and I will work as long as I get money for it. I am just like any other person and I dont like to make personal attacks or say mean things to anyone because I am not a bully. I want peace around the world.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #1027 on: March 31, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »
Thank you, Captain Tom, for your comments.  Please don't think that it went this far without us noticing and addressing the issue.  Since shave is the head honcho around here, we usually defer to his wisdom.  We tried to address the issue through private messages to some of the members, and we had some success with that process when others piled on, as well.  I have a slightly different take on the events than you expressed, but you eloquently put things into perspective.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 31, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »
Yes, I have been liking his wisdom lately and I mean that in a good, clean way.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:53:18 PM by Laroy »

jstein4507

• View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 01, 2015, 03:56:51 PM »
I agree and relate to CaptainTom as well.
got my first knife at SDC over 35 years ago.
Do you remember the log competitions?
I talked to the Captain at Titanic last year. Anyone know who he was at SDC? I do now...

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 01, 2015, 04:30:55 PM »
No need for fussing and fighting, my friends. The Beatles said it best, allyou need is love. :)
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

CaptainTom

• View Profile
    • CaptainTom's YouTube Channel
« Reply #1031 on: April 01, 2015, 11:25:35 PM »
Cheers all.....looking forward to a great 2015 season at SDC and to sharing ideas and experiences with you all throughout the year!
We love Universal, Disney, Six Flags, and especially Silver Dollar City. Theme Park junkies!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: April 01, 2015, 11:30:01 PM »
Exactly, Junior! We can work it out. ;)

I'd love to see the log-rolling competition come back to Lake Silver; maybe the openness of Fireman's Landing would make it easier to watch? When they brought it back a couple years ago, it was kinda hard to find a good spot to watch it.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 02, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »
Oh how I miss the lumberjacks! I dont mean that in any gay way. I just think tree climbing, log cutting, and log rolling is cool.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 02, 2015, 07:01:37 PM »
Lumberjack show originated in the early 80s in the pond by the waterfall at the lumbercamp. The entire area was packed at showtime. My pal Richard Young, who in recent years watches the line at the Opera House, and is Aunt Judy's husband, used to emcee those early shows, and did a great job.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"