Author Topic: Dollywood 2014 Project  (Read 16414 times)

Hollwood

Dollywood 2014 Project
« on: March 25, 2013, 06:15:10 PM »
Well they are already teasing! Dollywood's 2014 project "is going to be a BLAST!" Any thoughts? I will be the first to speculate. I have been to IAAPA several times and have talked to a lot of venders. If I recall, while talking to the GCI guys, they mentioned having the technology to produce a launching wooden coaster. I can't think of anymore "Firsts" or "Dollywoodish" things that would deal with blasting. The AM are is not very roomy, unless they tap into the area behind it. An S&S launch coast is possible, but it's hard to imagine it in that area. I guess we will see!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Re: Dollywood 2014 Project
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 05:07:16 PM »
Screamscape reported a couple of days ago that the Dollywood folk were at Europa Park and talking to Mack.

Mack launch coaster like Blue Fire?

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 05:08:21 PM »
Just noticed that it appears Dollywood will be announcing their next project August 21st.  Anxious to see what it is.

Hollwood

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:56:47 PM »
Dollywood's home page is showcasing Dolly saying "it's my biggest announcement ever!" Bigger than America's first wing coaster? Bigger than Tennessee's first and only water coaster? I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems to be BIG!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 10:24:30 AM »
Sounds like it is Dollywood's turn for a PowderKeg! It will be interesting to see the details, and which manufacture will be taking the bite. ;D

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 01:36:48 PM »
I used to think that they were going to get a PK successor, but I don't think they'd put up with it unless they can build it without all the issues that PK has.

I feel like the rumors of them looking into a MACK coaster are the most likely at this point. MACK coasters can have a number of interesting bells and whistles such as multiple launches and drop tracks. If they could put it inside a giant faux mountain like Expedition Everest I'd be so happy. I honestly have no idea what else it could be at this point, but I assume it will be highly themed and awesome for the chain if it's going to be bigger than Wild Eagle.

Hollwood

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 04:06:27 PM »
Ok, our site is SO much better than Thrill Network! Those guys are ridiculous and makes our fights seem like school yard flirting. Anyway, there are a lot of different directions that this 2014 rumor is going, and all are quite intriguing. I'm not so sure I like the trademark filed, "Fire Chaser Express" it sounds cheesy. The strange part is that it fits into the recent surveys sent out by SDC. Should we be paying close attention to Dollywood's 2014 for SDC's 2015? Or since we still have our play fort, will ours happen in 2014 and the two parks open their attractions at the same time? That would be a first! The best part about the announcement is that "the biggest ever" more than likely does not describe the new attraction. I think the Dollywood Resort dream is coming true! If its a hit, I bet SDC will follow suite!

U Smell Smoke

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 07:03:51 AM »
Well, today is the big day!!   We find out this morning exactly what DW is planning for next year.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:44:30 AM by U Smell Smoke »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 08:26:48 AM »
1 hour and 20 minutes,,  there is a live u-stream link on the Dollywood website..

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/3922501/DestinationDollywood

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 10:44:50 AM »
Well??  what did you all think>>  Not much info...

forward and backward launching coaster...??  No details??

new motel,, nice.!!  big bucks!!..

more to come....................

Hollwood

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
I think we will se another "Manta" from Mack rides. HFE's memories of BSF are still very clear so I don't think they will go with Premier. And let's not forget the ongoing hatred between Intamin and HFE (who would of thought that the Lost River could cause such a ruckus) so I don't see them providing the double launch.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 11:17:28 AM »
Well??  what did you all think>>  Not much info...

forward and backward launching coaster...??  No details??

new motel,, nice.!!  big bucks!!..

more to come....................

Trick track section has me thinking a drop section (thirteen)or where it switches to a different track. (Grizzly mountain at Disney Hong Kong).

Drop track at the bridge is what I dream of for a new in the dark ending to FITH.

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 07:18:52 PM »
 ::) leave it to facebook for someone to find this

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »
I think we will se another "Manta" from Mack rides. HFE's memories of BSF are still very clear so I don't think they will go with Premier. And let's not forget the ongoing hatred between Intamin and HFE (who would of thought that the Lost River could cause such a ruckus) so I don't see them providing the double launch.

We may have talked about this before, but what was the beef with Intamin?

The major news with the announcement today is that $300 million will be invested into DW over the next ten years. I'm sure most of that will be coming from HFEC, who to date have invested $250 million since 1986 when it transitioned into DW. That is huge. Really huge. You can build a fairly big park from the ground up with that kind of money. They are turning DW into a national destination essentially. It will be their flagship property by and large.

The new coaster is smaller than I expected, but a welcome addition.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 07:48:13 AM »
Just some reference numbers....  300 mil.  is a lot....

The Landing on Taneycomo was a "200 mil" project, or so they say...  that's a lot of building and work..'

The Big Hilton across from the landing was another 200 mil project, or so the claim...

Apparanlty the new coaster is more of a teaser ride than major addition? Still no specs on climb, drop, turns or how many dollars to build it. Guess we will hear something later...LOL..  (maybe)