Author Topic: Will you be buying a 2014 Seasons Pass?  (Read 16461 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Will you be buying a 2014 Seasons Pass?
« on: October 09, 2013, 08:29:42 PM »
I have been thinking about next year and have decided that for the first year in many I may skip the seasons pass.  I am close to the park and it is convenient but maybe I need a year off.  I was not very excited this year during my visits.  With the exception of the new coaster I haven't seen much else new to draw me back. To be honest the festivals seem to be offering less.  Maybe I need a year off to grow fond of the park again.  What about you folks?  are you planning on buying the pass again?

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Will you be buying a 2014 Seasons Pass?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
We still haven't used this years passes.  If we end up not using them, we'll pay the small fee to transfer them to next year.  Otherwise, we likely won't.  Life is just too busy right now. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 09:01:55 PM »
You bet- been buying them since 1990.  We've actually talked before about skipping a year but we get the mailers for Season Passes and see the commercials and the sirens sing and we're drawn to 'em!  :D
Actually all 4 of us find something we like at the City (and often the same things).  Since our son is a senior in high school and will be going to college somewhere next fall we probably won't get him one next year and just get him in with guest passes.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2013, 05:42:29 AM »
I don't know. It's been a rough year. Laid off from one job, but fortunately hired for a new job within weeks. Busy with commitments. I have only been on park one day this year...opening day. Don't know what next year might bring yet. Got to hang on to the money at this point. I hate it, too. I have always tried to use the season pass four or five times minimum per year. I'll have to wait and see how the next two months go before a final decision is made either way.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2013, 05:50:01 AM »
I dont think so. With only getting 1 week of vacation during the year, & enjoying going to SDC during the week when they are not busy, it is hard to get a day off just to go. The company i work for aint big enough to allow 2 weeks of vacation. And i am not going to use sick days just to go. It sucks.. :(
Live life like it's the last day!

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 06:06:48 AM »
No. We only have one Branson trip planned and will be going to Wisconsin Dells for our summer vacation. Since we'll only be in Branson for Spring Break and we had a miserable time at SDC last Spring Break, no season passes for us.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 07:46:56 AM »
Nope, wife wants a week in San Antonio before it turns Hades hot and Orlando when the Seven Dwarfs coaster is open.  Our family will hit Orlando twice, one will be Disney only for the most part with maybe a trip to The space center for a day and trip 2 will be the Universal/sea World Attractions with maybe a side trip to Busch Gardens to take advantdage of a ticket combo.

Hollwood

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 07:49:42 AM »
Nope, wife wants a week in San Antonio before it turns Hades hot and Orlando when the Seven Dwarfs coaster is open.  Our family will hit Orlando twice, one will be Disney only for the most part with maybe a trip to The space center for a day and trip 2 will be the Universal/sea World Attractions with maybe a side trip to Busch Gardens to take advantdage of a ticket combo.

So basicly Chittlins is saying "I'm not furloughed, the economy at my house is great, and I have a small fortune to burn so why not!"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »
Hollywood-- ??? ???

MH, I will be buying the passes again, Since I am not a coaster rider, that doesn't effect me either way..  I still enjoy walking around, sitting, relaxing, looking at the older parts of the city, watching people. I enjoy I would guess about 75% of the "shows"/ music.. .

We will continue our "hobby" of going to Branson at least once a month is 2014, and sometimes twice. Counting this weekend we made it to the fall festival 3 times.. enjoyed every trip.

This year when NYE rolls around, we will have made 16 trips to the branson area this year, and visited SDC everytime after it opened in march.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 08:43:22 AM »
We're not fully decided yet.  We're talking about maybe getting partial-season tickets to the Springfield Cardinals for 2014 instead of the SDC passes.
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 09:24:13 AM »
We haven't decided if we'll buy passes this year or not for the first time in years. We spent more time in Branson this year than ever before, but we only made it to the City for a few hours one morning. The cost is high, and we no longer need the BAFs. We had a few trips planned for Fall, but I broke my leg and that's absolutely out now. We always enter the 5K and that comes with an admission ticket. We might just use those free tickets for a visit during OTC and call it even next year.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 09:56:19 AM »
We currently plan to.  The fall has been tough for us because of classes I was scheduled to teach but which didn't attract enough enrollment.  Still, the family has decided that the season passes are the big Christmas present we won't do without.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »

So basicly Chittlins is saying "I'm not furloughed, the economy at my house is great, and I have a small fortune to burn so why not!"

We drive cars that are paid for, never bought too much house while others did. I worked 32 hour weeks for a year in 09 and got no raise for two and a half while govt. Workers got their pay raises so excuse me while I think it's a good thing some feel what others have felt though it's only less than 20 percent of them and most will get back pay. The Orlando trips will not be both done in a single year but SA and one Fla.has been budgeted for some time and mostly paid for in advance.

I am excited for 2015 and a return to the City but I don't want kids to burn out, over the past five years we have gone over twenty times and SDC was all we did cause it was close.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 10:59:01 AM »
No, too many uncertainties due to Obamacare. I work for a large hospital in OKC and we are taking a beating rightr now.

lindseytoni

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 07:38:28 PM »
This is the first year that we bought passes. I got them for us because I knew we were going to spend at least two days in the city and wanted to make plans to go back again later in the season.

I'm not sure right now if we're going to buy them again. I would like to, but I have no idea what we will be doing and where we will be living next summer. Right now, we're three hours away. It's the closest we will probably ever live. Even though it has been great to have the passes (we went back for our anniversary and we plan to go back for Christmas), I don't know if we will ever have as much time to spend at SDC as we did this past year. It's a sad thought, really.