Author Topic: Will you be buying a 2014 Seasons Pass?  (Read 16324 times)

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Will you be buying a 2014 Seasons Pass?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2013, 08:18:42 PM »
Sounds like Sanddunerider and I'll be the ones providing Trip Reviews for 2014 :o
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 08:33:02 PM »
Duelist:

that's a lot of pressure, but we can handle it! LOL. ;)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
Count me in.  We always get the passes in our stockings.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 10:46:28 PM »
Not for us next year. We probably would not have had them this year if they were not Christmas gifts. I think we need a break, and none of the shows and festivals appeal to us anymore.

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 09:20:18 AM »
Doubtful. I am feeling pretty jaded about the place right now and have been for awhile....
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 10:06:11 AM »
I am shameful Silver Dollar City fan as I only go once a year - or so the trend has been. I bought a season pass in 2010, and 2011, and only went once. Granted it was for three days in a row each visit. Last year, and this year I am using a hotel / two day ticket combination deal. Times are tough, and it's just hard to break free, and head that way more often.

As for next year, who knows? I may surprise myself. :)

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 10:18:23 AM »
We will buy passes. As Sanddune said,we also don't go for the rides ,it's just relaxing for us to wander around and listen to the live entertainment (mostly The Pickers and Frisco Jack & Cuzzin'  John Rhodes)  and talk to the Citizens we have known for years. We drive down from Northern WI. almost 900 miles  4-5 times a year just mainly to go to SDC every  day for 1-2 weeks at a time.We budget all winter for our trips.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
We went on two occaisions last year without passes on $30 Thursdays. I just think I may take a year and not do much other than work on my finances

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 12:11:35 PM »
We've been talking about not purchasing passes in 2014. For 2 of the festivals this year we passed through SDC on our way elsewhere. On those 2 visits we spent less than an hour on each visit. While we enjoy some of the rides, our main interests have been the festivals and entertainment. There is less entertainment every year. Went last week for the Harvest Festival. The Riverside Playhouse was dark. In my opinion all venues should have some type of entertainment during every festival.

Also, the main entertainment venues have 3 shows and have them at the same 3 times during the day. For example during the Harvest Festival the Opera House, Red Gold, and Echo Hollow had the big shows. There were 3 performances at each venue with the same 3 performance times during the day.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »
Well we plan to buy a 2014 pass, Unlike the 2 millionaires on this site (Sanddune & Chitlins) ;D  ;D  ;D   (just kiddin guys dont take me serious). We do want to buy passes, but for the first time in years. We will likely have to wait till tax return money arrives to buy them. So we "probably" wont be getting the BAFs next year.

We have had too many car repairs this year. I was "furloughed" also this year (technically "laid off") which means I got about 1/2 my pay when I was laid off (State unemployment), and did NOT get back pay when I returned.

So Sanddune & Duelist --- I will help you out on the 2014 trip reviews.

BTW-Chitlins "and anyone else" -- dont let anyone dog you for spending money on family! You sure cant take any of it with you, and family (people in general) will always be the greatest investment. I am just happy for you all that have the funds to take such trips.  Instead of being jealous, we should be happy with what we have, and should be happy for those who may have more.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 12:30:02 PM by qwed94 »
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 12:28:28 PM »
Biscuit? in regards to this years fall festival, and all 3 "events' being at the same time.. I figure they did that on purpose to spread out the crowd through the park.?  dontcha think so?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 12:37:02 PM »
Qwed, LOL..  HEY!  I am not afraid to admit that I am a millionaire..  LOL.. I am 55 years young and have earned over a million dollars in my "professional careers"...  Of course I don't have it, in the bank by any means!!  But I have eraned that much in 40 years of working, Does that count??  So I am sure I am  in good company with all the other hard working people on this site.. ;D

Looking forward top 2014....  with 4 more trips this year!!  The year is ending too soon...

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 01:27:32 PM »
Well we plan to buy a 2014 pass, Unlike the 2 millionaires on this site (Sanddune & Chitlins) ;D  ;D  ;D   (just kiddin guys dont take me serious). We do want to buy passes, but for the first time in years. We will likely have to wait till tax return money arrives to buy them. So we "probably" wont be getting the BAFs next year.

We have had too many car repairs this year. I was "furloughed" also this year (technically "laid off") which means I got about 1/2 my pay when I was laid off (State unemployment), and did NOT get back pay when I returned.

So Sanddune & Duelist --- I will help you out on the 2014 trip reviews.

BTW-Chitlins "and anyone else" -- dont let anyone dog you for spending money on family! You sure cant take any of it with you, and family (people in general) will always be the greatest investment. I am just happy for you all that have the funds to take such trips.  Instead of being jealous, we should be happy with what we have, and should be happy for those who may have more.

In the past year I have replaced the heater coil in my truck that saved over a thosuand, radiator in the Accord with over 200,000 not to mention the rotors. Redone our kitchen and entryway tile floors with the new wood look tiles, all that cost me less than a grand cause I did it. That gives me extra money to do other things. Too many Americans are woefully incapable of self supporting themsleves. (Thats not a knock on you Qwed, I grew up with mechanicGranddad) I look daily at a photo of my great grandmother's house with my grandparents in it newly married with her and all I see are those cardboard covered walls in the background to keep me grounded. Rich, I ain't but I will squeeze every penny out of a dollar.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 01:54:09 PM by chittlins »

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 07:59:28 PM »
Biscuit? in regards to this years fall festival, and all 3 "events' being at the same time.. I figure they did that on purpose to spread out the crowd through the park.?  dontcha think so?

Wasn't that much of a crowd to spread out on the Wednesday we were there. Just wish the entertainment times were staggered. If you have just 4 - 6 hours at the park, the odds aren't good for seeing all 3 of the major shows.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 09:03:47 AM »
We are trying to decide about season passes, too.  We are planning a Disney trip in June.  No, we aren't rich.  It will be our second trip, and it took me seven years to save for the first one.  I actually had some left over, so some of that is going to this trip. 

We are planning a one-day visit next Sunday for the fall decorations and crafts.  That will be mostly what that visit is for because the shows during this time are not a draw for us.  We have a Christmas weekend planned in Nov.  That will make three visits for us, including the spring break visit during the snow.  If Dickens were to go away, I may not even come at Christmastime.  Maybe we're like some of you; we need a break or something really great to get us excited.  And before anyone says that Outlaw Run is something really great, yes it is.  But there is more to a theme park than huge rides.