Author Topic: The Branson Shuffle 2014  (Read 18643 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The Branson Shuffle 2014
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2014, 10:37:17 AM »
After reading through all the post I think one thing is obvious. Whatever Branson entertainers are selling these days people are just not buying. There is really not a simple solution to the problem as most modern era entertainers probably do not want to set up shop in a permanent location. So, you are left with the has Beens or never wases. I would not be surprised to see a total revamp in the coming years for entertainment options if Branson wants to survive as a entertainment destination.

There was a time when there wasn't much to do in the Branson area, other than shows, SDC, and fishing.  The options for entertainment have exploded - water parks, mini golf, go-karts, golf, museums, shopping, zip lines, Duck rides, wineries, family inclusive resorts such as Big Cedar, etc.  Even lake activities have increased.  Rent a jet ski, ski boat, pontoon, canoe, parasail, or ride the Branson Belle and/or a catamaran.  Personally, I haven't ever been interested in Branson shows, although I have gone to a few of them.  By the time a family purchases a family pass or two for a show that lasts 2 1/2 hrs., they could spend a day on a rented boat.  The problem with Branson shows is that vacation dollars are now spent on other forms of entertainment. 

Personally, I come to Branson for the lake activities and SDC.  I've never been interested in shows.  I will spend my money on concerts at home, but I'm not interested in doing that as a vacation activity. If big name entertainment came to Branson on a rotating basis, I still wouldn't go. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 07:40:34 PM »
Kirby might thnk he's moving to the Icon but absolutely nothing about him was posted at the Icon on Thursday, Friday, or Saturday. Work was being done on the Waltzing Waters theater this week.  Carolina Mills is closing this weekend. That building and the $1 Shop building across the street have been sold. Will be interesting to see what happens with those buildings.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »
Are they re opening waltzing waters this year.  I had heard it sold but I had also heard or was to be torn down. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »
AND the Kirby saga continues....... this is better than Star Wars!!

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_28b0cae0-c729-11e3-9d88-001a4bcf887a.html

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2014, 04:22:54 PM »
As some of you may or may not have heard..  Jarrett Dougherty left Pierce Aroww this spring after being there for years,,,,,

Looks like he has decide to help out the starlite theatre...

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_aebfb4e0-caf6-11e3-99a4-001a4bcf887a.html

I don't care about Dean Z, But Jarrett is a FUNNY FUNNY man!!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 04:32:39 PM by sanddunerider »