Author Topic: 2014 Trip Reviews  (Read 61950 times)

Tawny71

• View Profile
Re: 2014 Trip Reviews
« Reply #105 on: July 06, 2014, 06:48:19 AM »
Lol! I thought he was just saying that it was bad that it looked a lot like Kids Fest!  ;)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 06, 2014, 09:35:33 AM »
Love the new look of your site, Swoosh!  And I agree with you, really liked the Flying Aces show at Red/Gold but the music was WAY TOO LOUD!!

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2014, 02:27:46 AM »
Thanks again, Swoosh!

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »
The park wasn't too crowded today.  People definitely stayed near the water.  The line for the plunge was an hour and a Half, as was the wait for powder leg both times we tried to go.  There were so new puns  on the train ride.  There was a new ralphie  I have never seen before.  Not the best one I have seen.  Caleb finally hit 48 inches today!  He was so excited!  He rode thunderation twice and many of the grand expo rides by himself.   Most of the grand expo rides had no wait.  The exception all day was the kid roller coaster.  Ugh.  The kids wanted to go so bad but I wasn't waiting 30 minutes for it.  By 2:30 there were no food or drinks available from the expo to the rib house.  There wasn't any reason for that.  Did you know for 11 people to get a tin type done it is 76.00 for one 8x10 and that is for the paper, not the tin.  Needless to say we skipped that activity!  Not sure what the attendance was today but it certainly wasn't crowded. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 07, 2014, 08:17:10 PM »
Diana-  about 8400 people at the park today.....  it was humid and got very warm this afternoon

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2014, 09:41:04 PM »
I agree with hot and humid.  I think we were all sunburned even worth sunscreen.

plwoodie

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2014, 01:04:28 PM »
I work for a TV production company out of NYC and we're looking for fans of SDC who grew up riding the rides and enjoying all of the amusements that SDC offers! If you're interested or know someone who loves the park/has a deep connection with the park please contact me! Thanks!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2014, 10:36:54 PM »
I could do it. I'm in Pennsylvania right now though.
SWOOSH

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
I put my name in the hat. We will see what happens. Any others gonna try?
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2014, 08:56:14 PM »
 ;)
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #115 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:13 PM »
Just got back to the Classic after seeing Marco Polo ($20 for two of us).  It was an interesting presentation, but we are glad we didn't pay full price.  SDC was wet today, with less than 800 guests at 3:00.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2014, 10:28:56 PM »
I'm heading in tomorrow with another mom for a girls' day.  I hope it won't be too hot.  I'm looking forward to it since it will only be my second visit of the season.   :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2014, 10:40:01 PM »
Be sure to drink lots of water - the dew point is supposed to be stupid high tomorrow.
SWOOSH

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 05, 2014, 03:38:59 PM »
It was pretty warm yesterday, but it was manageable.  We had young kids with us, including my own 4-year-old, so we didn't ride any big rides.  I did ride Thunderation, and it only had one train, so the wait was probably about 20 minutes.  We rode the train and saw them working in the Geyser Gulch area.  The fence is up now, of course, to close off the area.

We got in a ride on FITH and FM. We did the petting zoo and the schoolhouse.  We visited half dollar hollow.  We had plenty of fun.  At around 2:30, we ate at the Wagon Works, and now I remember why I never eat there.  I should've had BBQ by the river.  It was slow, the fries were not fresh, and the lady working the register was a little snarky.  Still, I will chalk it up to the heat and just not go there again.  The lady working the stand there that sells the hotdogs was really nice when I got my mug refilled. 

After lunch, we took in a saloon show.  It was wonderfully cool, and it was a fun show.  The kids were entertained.  After the show, we went to the Expo to ride the elephants and the frogs.  Lines were surprisingly short.   Soon, it was 5:45 and time to head out since closing was at 6:00.  We considered staying for the evening show, but in the end we decided to leave and cool off. 

I plan to go back in September for an "adult" trip with my husband.  We'll hopefully get some coaster rides in then.  Overall, it was a fun day.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2014, 05:40:38 PM »
Quick visit on Friday 8/22. Got there at 10:15. Rode Thunderation and Flooded Mine, got right on both of those. Went to Fire in the Hole and it was closed because a train had broken down. Went to American Plunge and they were loading both sides. Then on to River Blast, every boat had at least 2 people. From there we went to Lost River. We waited about 10 minutes and answered questions from the people ahead of us who were from Houston; it was their first visit to Branson and SDC. Had a good view of the construction going on. When we got off the ride the line was backed up onto the sidewalk.

Looked like the gospel shows had good crowds. Frozen lemonade we bought was very watery, guess it wasn't holding up in the heat. By noon we were ready to go. Waiting for a tram was brutal in the hot sun. We had about a 10 minute wait before one showed up. Lots 1, 2, and 3 were used.