Author Topic: Attendance 2014..  (Read 20408 times)

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Attendence 2014..
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 03:27:45 AM »
All I can say is----the years that I worked at SFSL. I worked in the admissions dept. (You would think that the admissions dept would know the attendance at any given time). Well This dept at SFSL relates to ticket sales, ticket takers, GR, and season pass processing. At SFSL the admissions supervisors came around to every turnstile (at the ticket takers gates) on the hour every hour and took the numbers, then went and calculated the results. 

Now I always was "nosey-rosey" so I would call my supervisor at least once a day and ask attendance numbers. They "never-ever" knew the answer.  However, I also had a friend (supervisor) in RIDES.  He "always" knew the attendance numbers. HMMMMMM...

Of course "as employees", we could ask the days attendance as we was clocking out, and always receive an answer.

Now realize that is how SFSL operates to its employees. I have no idea how the general public can obtain attendance numbers from SFSL. --- I do not know how certain people obtain SDC attendance info either. However I imagine the internal workings at SDC gather the numbers in a similar way, how they release that info, "Im clueless".
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream

HikerDan

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
I work with an old-timer at a manufacturing facility in Springfield who also worked part time on weekends at SDC for many years (he is now retired from SDC). I usually saw him directing traffic outside the park, or around guest relations. He always knew how many visitors had come to the park every weekend and shared those numbers with any of us SDC-goers who cared to hear them.  It's obviously not much of a closely guarded secret. He'd always give us a heads-up as well when we probably didn't want to visit the park.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 08:30:03 AM by HikerDan »

Fallcreek

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 08:41:10 AM »
Given that every ticket is scanned by a bar code reader upon admission, surely those readers are networked into a mainframe somewhere and the information is automatically being gathered and compiled electronically.  It would surprise me if managers in the business office weren't seeing that data in real time.  I think the only question is who they are sharing it with.  Makes sense that supervisors and parking lot transport would be hearing updates throughout the morning.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2014, 02:03:55 PM »
It probably goes into a server these days rather than a mainframe, but I get your meaning,

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2014, 08:20:28 AM »
I saw a couple of posting last weekend, So iam going to go ahead and post last weekend numbers...  spring break..  pretty nice weather..
thurs- 12,600
frid   - 11,100
sat -    10,800
sun - OOPS!!  darn weather--  5,000

The PYB should be thrilled with this weekend total, After last years bad weather and poor start..

Looks like good weather last nite and today for YCW....we'll see how it goes..   

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2014, 04:45:02 PM »
LAst sat for YCW, the park had over 17,000 visitors,  and with the great weather on sunday, along with the worship services there were over 15,000 on sunday....

5 days last week for spring break AND YCW..... total a little of 53,000.... I know the PTB has to be happy with that..

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2014, 05:09:00 PM »
I'm not going to add it up, but that's a good overall number and it's not even Easter yet.

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2014, 10:37:07 AM »
well it is old news now that sunday was NASTY and the park closed early...  I saw a couple of posting on FB, so here you go.......

Shhhh!!!!!...............................

only 196 people on sunday, ! 

That's about 60 less than opening sunday last year when I was there.. that day it was 34 degrees and snow already on the ground.!!

Glad to say that my family of 4 way among those there.   We ate breakfast at the mill then My girls rode TNT 15 times in the rain then slept and snow.  They said it was great.   We shopped at a few shops then left by 11:30. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

ahorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 05:40:08 PM »
Hey everyone!
In May my husband and I are going to SDC. I haven't been in 11 years, it will be my hubby's first trip. We fly in the 26th and leave the 30th. I know there have been a lot of changes just curious what a typical crowd forecast is like that time of year?  Thanks for any and all help!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »
It will be busy during Memorial Day Weekend.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:00 AM »
That will be a good week,... Blues and BBQ all week long......

Swoosh is right, memorial weekend will be busy, but you will miss that...  I wouldn't expect "huge" crowds during the weekdays, not all schools will be out yet.....  there are a lot of snow days to be made up this year. :)

ahorizon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 02:55:25 PM »
Hooray, thanks you two. I am getting really excited, I have a nerdy little countdown on my phone and everything. When we lived in MO we would go every summer. Being in UT now, makes it harder to just go and I've missed it.  This forum is great!

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 04:32:51 PM »
Anyone know what to expect regarding attendance for Mother's Day?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 05:53:49 PM »
Memorial weekend is going to be a bit rough, but I always enjoy SDC even on crowded days. Just take it slow and don't worry about cramming in everything since that will only cause the crowds to stress you out. The weather can certain change everything at the drop of a hat.

Mother's day looks good to me. You've got a chance of rain in the morning, which is actually good for you since it might scare some people away. Then it's a nice warm day. Shouldn't be terribly crowded, though colleges are just getting out. Sundays are always good for lower crowds anyway.

Glad to hear you're making it back, ahorizon.

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 08:14:26 PM »
Well, we can't wait. We were suppose to go twice last year to see the Christmas lights but Mother Nature had other plans. Then we were suppose to go earlier this year but had a family emergency. Been too long. I think it's do or die this weekend! Bring on the cinnamon rolls, and the strawberries n' cream, and the bbq, and the root beer floats, and the strawberry jam… and I guess I should finally get around to Outlaw Run.