Author Topic: Have you seen the Carrie Nation show at the saloon?  (Read 11348 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Have you seen the Carrie Nation show at the saloon?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 05:45:23 AM »
Great pics again swoosh....

I will try to post some more next week....will be there sunday..... :)

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 07:40:59 AM »
The Macaw at the saloon is not the same as the Blue & Gold Macaw in the shooting gallery...
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2014, 04:05:10 PM »
Thank you, Tinmann...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

eagle1

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
Finally! I am glad they brought this back, it has always been one of my favs since I was a kid! I think one of the best ones they ever had.  ;D

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2014, 07:03:57 AM »
Paige, If you get out of bed Sunday morning and go with us, Maybe we will the new show  on Sunday... ;)

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »
Wife and I are going tomorrow sans kids, which is a first. Have never seen any saloon show and are planning on checking it out.
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 11:20:37 AM »
Saw the show last Saturday, May 10th.  I'm sorry but i cannot recommend this show.  Really old jokes and the Carrie Nation arrival was confusing.  When she said she was closing the saloon some guests actually started to get up to leave thinking the show was over.  Maybe i was more impressed with this in my youth.  Bring back Mean Murphy!!!
I'm Your Huckleberry

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »
When she said she was closing the saloon some guests actually started to get up to leave thinking the show was over.

Well, that would have been funny!  LOL!

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 01:19:34 PM »
When she said she was closing the saloon some guests actually started to get up to leave thinking the show was over.
OMG do people really know this little about history!?  :-\
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2014, 02:14:39 PM »

Well, that would have been funny!  LOL!

Actually it was!  ;D
I'm Your Huckleberry

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 09:01:27 PM »

I saw the first show of the day today.  I agree that some of the jokes were tired and I would say they have a pacing problem with the show.  It seems to get lost in the middle after a few oldy but goody songs. Think " Wild Women" after a cpl tunes the jokes started, they were rapid fire and happening between many of the cast and it was at this time I felt like they had lost their way. I would compare it to "Laugh In" style.  It really floundered for a few minutes.  Carrie Nation was not as strong or gregarious of a character as needed to pull it off.  In all fairness her mic didn't seem to be working. What this role needs is a loud mouth portly woman ( look at historical pictures) that really hams it up.   All in all I thought it was a decent little show but they could remove some of the corny jokes and expand on the storyline to improve the experience.
They did have a technical problem and some of the gags didn't go off as planned but they did a decent job with it and I must say with a little retooling it beats the variety type show they have been doing for a few years.   I enjoyed the trip down memory lane.
One note the strobes they used during the fight were very short lived and not very bright thus losing the impact, they could use a brighter strobe and a longer action scene but I enjoyed and would recommend it.  Welcome back Carrie!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 08:06:59 AM by mhguy77 »

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2014, 10:23:44 PM »
I watched the show on Youtube and got a bit lost during the rapid fire back and forth. I have to give my vote to the mean murphey show. Too bad it was just there for a year. Maybe they could run multiple shows considering the cast hasn't changed that much over the past three seasons. Just a thought