Author Topic: Fireman Bio inside Fire In the Hole  (Read 3150 times)

Kentucky Optimist

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Fireman Bio inside Fire In the Hole
« on: April 09, 2014, 09:37:23 PM »
If I remember correctly the entrance area of FItH has several framed bio's of both the baldknobbers and fire fighters from the ride.   If my childhood memories are accurate there's a picture of a firefighter coming down a ladder carrying a saloon girl from the burning saloon.  The caption below the picture reads something similar to "Firefighter Steve Jones- "He's A Real Go Getter"  I'm trying to figure out the name of the firefighter from that picture (clearly his I made Steve Jones up because I couldn't remember the actual name).  If anyone remembers and can help me out, or if they happen to be going to SDC in the near future and could take a pic I would greatly appreciate it.  I'm pretty sure these were in the same room as the mural, but hanging on the walls below the mural.  I was able to find a pic of one of the baldknobber versions of the bio's, and I've attempted to post a link below- but I'm looking for a specific firefighter picture.  Thanks in advance for any and all help!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/skinnytie/2761530806/in/pool-silverdollarcity/
Finest Cuts of Meat & Pianos Tuned

Baldknobber

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
Re: Fireman Bio inside Fire In the Hole
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2014, 09:01:56 PM »
Here is the link to one of my pictures on Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bkbiles/5670007362/in/set-72157626729845792

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 03:59:47 PM »
Ah, that answers the question! I worked at FITH a bit back in the day, loading guests into the queue line. However, I never had time to look at all the stuff on the walls. I do love the artwork, and am glad over the years they have kept it.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Kentucky Optimist

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:48:32 PM »
Thanks Baldknobber! that's exactly what I was looking for.
Finest Cuts of Meat & Pianos Tuned