Author Topic: Crossroads Pizza  (Read 6733 times)

zsc100

• View Profile
Crossroads Pizza
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
Was at Crossroads Pizza this weekend and I was disgusted by several things.  With such little management effort that place could be improved so vastly it's sad.  I actually witnessed an employee (appeared to be management) tell the cashier she couldn't input custom requests on the POS system.  She called her away from the register and said, "you see this (while pointing at the receipt), you cannot put this in there" in a rather condescending tone.  I believe it was in reference to someone before me that ordered "half the amount of cheese, extra red sauce", because I heard her complain about it while I was picking up my order.  Then, after that I requested that a pizza be made half cheese half supreme, b/c my 6yr old son just likes plain cheese, to which I was told, "we can't do that, and we cannot customize the pizzas, they can only be made to what you see on the menu".  I was absolutely stunned, talk about customer NO-service.  I understand the simplicity of the menu b/c it's an amusement park, and if the lines would've been out the door this response could be partially warranted, but with 4 people in line, and a kitchen that has ample ability there is no excuse for not being able to partially customize a pizza,, every pizza place the the world does this,, come on SDC, ridiculous!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Crossroads Pizza
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »
An inconvenience for sure, albeit a predictable one. Like I said in the other thread though, you've got to watch the tone. If you're going to be "disgusted" because they won't make your pizza exactly how you like, you just simply have too short of a fuse to have fun at SDC - or anywhere else really. It is good to point out where they can make an easy improvement though.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 09:40:59 PM »
On the other hand, I only expect to get things that are on the menu when I go anywhere.  I absolutely do not like going to Subway, ordering something off the menu, and then telling them how to make it!  I've been in a couple of pizza places that wouldn't change things for someone, as you described.  One would only sell large pizzas but claimed to be out of mediums, which is just weird if you think about it.

That said, there are limitations inside a park where access to new supplies and products is less convenient than in the real world.  I am one of those "purists" here, who does not like to see plastic carts pulling new batches of hot chocolate to the stand, but in expecting a more themed approach, I will have limited the access and made resupplying stores and food stands more difficult - not that any of that would have satisfied your special order, of course.

Finally, I haven't been in Crossroads, but experience tells me not to expect SDC pizza to hold the same quality as some of our other options in the City.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

misskim

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 08:24:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure "no customization" is a standard at SDC. I wanted to order a potato and sausage skillet and have them hold the sausage (the rest of my family was eating at one of the restaurants and I needed something for my vegetarian son). They said they couldn't do that as of 2013, but they had been able to do it in the past. I was willing to pay full price and the sausage was not cooked as part of the skillet but was added on top. It really irritated me at the time as it was a cold and miserable day, we had waited hours for Outlaw Run only to have it never open (despite promises) and then we ended up leaving the park to get food. However, now that I'm not cold and wet and irritated, I realize that no customization is the best way for them to get food out quickly to the masses.

Just as an aside, Disney does the same thing at their counter service restaurants. On their pizzas you can only get exactly what's on the menu.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »
Isn't it Reeds Springs that's supposed to have an excellent pizza place?

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 11:27:36 AM »
^I've heard that, but I think it's a really expensive buffet.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

zsc100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 11:51:32 AM »
Quoting Rube from "Outlaw Pizza" : "I have had the St Louis thin cracker crust, New York thin, Chicago deep dish....I like new things, but do not want to be disappointed especially with Reed Springs Pizza voted #1 in MO by USA Today (I Think) so close by."

I found this yesterday right before starting this new thread and decided just to start new b/c the official name of the place to eat is "Crossroads Pizza"

Bet your silver dollar I'll be trying this place the very next time I head up that way, I do consider myself a novice pizza connoisseur :)) : http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/98/1558209/restaurant/Branson/Reeds-Spring-Pizza-Co-Reeds-Spring

I will say that every time I've had crossroads pizza I've been satisfied with the taste.  I believe the quality far exceeds what would be generally accepted as amusement park pizza.  They also have no problem giving complementary red sauce to dip your crust which is a must for me.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 02:42:32 PM »
^I've heard that, but I think it's a really expensive buffet.

They have pasta buffet nights on certain days, but it is far from your standard belly up to the bar style. A cook will cook your pasta to your specs in front of you. I have never seen them do a pizza buffet and hope they never do. Reeds Springs Pizza Company is well worth the drive. Best thin crust I have ever had.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »
We've eaten at Reeds Spring Pizza several times....the pizza is very good and Wed. night they have noodle night.....a buffet like thing with the chef preparing the toppings fresh before you. My favorite is bow tie pasta with  fresh garlic sauteed shrimp, crisp bacon and their homemade marinara sauce and parmesano reggieno grated on top....you also get a large salad bowl with any of their homemade salad dressings and hot bread loaf.....it's $10.95 all you can eat and go back for a different selection for a second helping. I know that they have beer, don't know if other alcoholic beverages.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 05:44:05 PM »
on the flip side,  I am surprised they don't offer a "cheese pizza",,,,,,,  or a "Veggie pizza"......  I can see where both would be orderd..  Lots of kids like cheese pizza.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »
I'm picky about my pizza.  Sdc pizza isn't terrible. They do have a cheese pizza.  You just can't get a half cheese half_________.  It is hard to get a seat there so we don't often eat there.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 07:19:47 PM »
The PTB at the park regularly visit this site to see how people feel about things...so let her rip, tater chip! They know the hardcore fans will be vocal. A good way to voice concern starts at the park with the survey people, and if you ask a manager to call an area manager to the scene, it may take them 15 or 20 minutes to get there, but they will listen and things will be resolved.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Super

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 07:43:13 PM »
The pizza at SDC doesn't even compare to the #1 pizza in Missouri at Reed Springs.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »
Personally, I don't know why a pizza place exists at SDC and I can't stand the sight of the place.  But to each his own.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2014, 12:03:33 PM »
let her rip, tater chip

I bet yer cousin from Arkansas told you to say that