Author Topic: Titanic Review  (Read 2588 times)

jimmyspenser

Titanic Review
« on: July 24, 2014, 10:30:15 AM »
[ADMIN EDIT - removed post - duplicate from 1Branson?]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 05:18:57 PM by shavethewhales »

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic Review
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 11:01:12 AM »
To me the Titanic seems less like a museum and more like a memorial to the ones that died. I'm very glad we had the chance to do it a few years back

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 11:26:31 AM »
Features do change from time to time, perhaps yearly, with focus placed on different aspect of the sinking.  I'm not one for the interactive experience in museums, simply because you're usually dealing with reproductions and simulations, but the ones at Titanic are meaningful.  I, on the other hand, could stand and stare for a long time at the authentic pieces that are there.  I appreciate that the museum has kept it classy and does not boast about salvage efforts, but only has items that were retrieved from passengers, the movie, and the like.  I recommend it for anyone who is old enough to understand it, as it would be very meaningless for younger ones.  The gift shop is also great, even if one does not visit the museum, stocking unique items and books, and not just t-shirts and cheap souvenirs.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 02:20:29 PM »
Wanted to drop by and say that I work at the Titanic Museum and I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit. It is definitely one of the more unique museums I've had the pleasure of visiting. And everyone there takes a lot of pride in the fact that the owners treat the tragedy with the utmost respect and that all artifacts were donated and not taken from the wreck site.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 03:16:42 PM »
Thanks, Citydweller.  What do you do at Titanic?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 09:17:49 AM »
I'm one of the souvenir photographers on staff. The owners and management there do a really great job of ensuring everyone working there has more than just basic knowledge of the Titanic.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 05:51:55 PM »
Thanks Admin for the delete......... I noticed  the double post. ::)