Author Topic: EXPIRED refill mugs  (Read 22805 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: EXPIRED refill mugs
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 11:05:26 AM »
We have several old glass mugs that we do not even carry anymore. We have cut out sugared drinks from our diet and prefer water. Saves money and I feel a lot better. Also to add to what other people have said. The restrictions are visible on the signs when you buy them, I don not think SDC has done anything under the table here at all.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 11:24:08 AM »
"Runner, Off Topic"

Runner, I quit caffeine 3 years ago for medical reason,  switched to Root Beer, which as a rule is Caffeine free,,There are a couple of other kinds of pop that are caffeine free also,,

the first of of April this year I quit drinking pop of any kind, I also cut out my morning candy bar/package of donuts... I do also feel much better and my clothes fit better also.!! Alos I am wearing jeans from 2 years ago...  LOL...  Imagine that<!...

When I need a "sugar" fix, I have been either drinking the new Gatorade "2" (cant be good for you),  Or I drink Kool-Aid, with 1/2 sugar mixed in... After drinking water for days, a Kool-Aid tastes like a "treat"

The first of June I decided to quit eating Deep Fat Fried food, that is a little harder to do... If you eat out somewhere/anywhere, everyone cooks food in grease...  But so far so good.......

OK.!!  Back On Topic, There lots of older mugs with 1.50 refill price on them,  my favorite are the Buzz Saw Falls mugs..

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2014, 12:07:22 PM »
We have a couple of mugs that we picked up for free at Silver Dollar Park - when no one was looking - but let me clarify.  Sometimes people abandon their mugs, leaving them behind, forget to pick them up after setting them down.  After a few minutes of looking for the owners or waiting for them to retrace their steps, we have picked up a couple - one being a Buzzsaw Falls mug.  One of our older finds is only $1 to refill, which comes in handy for hot chocolate with the works.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2014, 01:59:48 PM »
We have a couple of mugs that we picked up for free at Silver Dollar Park - when no one was looking - but let me clarify.  Sometimes people abandon their mugs, leaving them behind, forget to pick them up after setting them down.  After a few minutes of looking for the owners or waiting for them to retrace their steps, we have picked up a couple - one being a Buzzsaw Falls mug.  One of our older finds is only $1 to refill, which comes in handy for hot chocolate with the works.

So YOU are the one who took the mug we left on that park bench!!!  :o

J/K...we would never leave a mug behind!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2014, 02:02:24 PM »
Yeah, that was me...and if you want it back, you will have to pay:  leave $10,000 in small, unmarked bills in a plastic bag underneath the same bench, Thursday at noon.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2014, 06:45:32 PM »

So YOU are the one who took the mug we left on that park bench!!!  :o

J/K...we would never leave a mug behind!

Mine was taken also!  At Sullivan's Mill!  It was a good one - $1.25

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2014, 07:56:58 PM »
Sounds like some of the SDCFans members need to reread the club "statutes"....

sounds like maybe 1 of the mostg important ones is being forgotten

NO member of SDCFans shall for any reason, leave a mug behind!!!!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2014, 10:57:22 PM »
See how this works now?  I get great refill prices AND I get ransom money.  Win-Win!!!

We did try to find the owners first though.  Not as hard as when we've found lost children, but we did look.  ;)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2014, 10:23:19 AM »
We did try to find the owners first though.  Not as hard as when we've found lost children, but we did look. 

There is more incentive to find lost parents - you don't want to have to take the kids home with you

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
If you can stand to carry it around, the extra tall glass mugs are still the best deal in the park.  My dad gets a 75¢ rootbeer float in the Saloon each time we go!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2014, 01:17:14 PM »
If you can stand to carry it around, the extra tall glass mugs are still the best deal in the park.  My dad gets a 75¢ rootbeer float in the Saloon each time we go!

That's what we have too, but just to clumsy to carry. Also in the winter they do not like to fill them with hot drinks. Some vendors refuse to due to the unknown tempering back when they were produced.

jmc75

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2014, 12:09:53 AM »
Two years ago at the ACE Christmas coaster event I had the chance to talk to Brad Thomas. One of my questions was the refillable mugs, because like most of you I have my collection of older mugs. He was telling me that they never realized the amount of people that we're keeping their mugs from years past. Apparently most normal people will keep their mugs a couple of years then get a new one. We apparently are not the norm, so they came up with the new rule of the newer mugs, he did say they had no plans to not honor the old mugs but depending on I guess the soda revenue it could always be a possibility. I told him he might get a few emails over that. He appreciated the fact of everyone's loyalty toward the park.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2014, 11:32:27 AM »
I apologize for the negativity in advance but the PTB need to know that because of the "only refill in the current year" thing, I haven't bought new mugs the past two years. Prior to that I bought a new one every season, but I won't anymore. And if someday they refuse to fill the old cups, I just won't drink anything but water at the park.

STEPHEN D

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2014, 12:09:55 PM »
Okie,
  I understand completely. As a family of 5, we drink water when we go everywhere to save money and calories.  SDC has always been the exception since we get a "deal" on frozen lemonade and root beer floats and neither have nutrition labels (someone will probably correct me on that but we purposely haven't looked).   We saved money on Monday and will continue to do so until we can locate some older mugs cheap.  I'm glad to know I'm not the only one disappointed by this policy change.

STEPHEN D

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
Because of the fact they quit making annual souvenirs, like the giant advertisement free fold-out map, pressed coins, etc, I started buying 1 souvenir cup a year, just for my annual souvenir, long before I worked here. As far as price, it's the best deal of any park, I recommend the 2 for 20 daily. 2 weeks ago, I went to 6 Flags, and their cold drinks only thin cup was 15.99, with free refills on the day of purchase ONLY. Just an fyi
RIP Chippewa Lake Park