Author Topic: EXPIRED refill mugs  (Read 22807 times)

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: EXPIRED refill mugs
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2014, 04:32:06 PM »
Wow!  :o Wasn't but 5 or 6 years ago Frontier City was $8.99 per year.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2014, 07:02:03 AM »
Makes you wonder if its about revenue how Holiday World can give out free soft drinks all day long to guests.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2014, 10:25:53 AM »
Makes you wonder if its about revenue how Holiday World can give out free soft drinks all day long to guests.

Does Holiday World charge for parking as well as admission? Soft drinks are a high profit item in comparison to other things.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2014, 11:33:39 AM »
Holiday World has free parking, drinks, sunscreen, and tubes at the waterpark.
Keeping people hydrated with free drinks and giving out free sunscreen has helped cut down sun related illnesses at the park.  When they started offering the free drinks they bumped the admission price some to offset the costs - with that being said, soft drinks cost very little and are a major money maker due to the price gouging most places enjoy
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2014, 06:12:27 PM »
Holiday World has free parking, drinks, sunscreen, and tubes at the waterpark.
Keeping people hydrated with free drinks and giving out free sunscreen has helped cut down sun related illnesses at the park.  When they started offering the free drinks they bumped the admission price some to offset the costs - with that being said, soft drinks cost very little and are a major money maker due to the price gouging most places enjoy

Yep the syrup is dirt cheap compared to what you pay for 200z. bottles and such at gas stations. It's why fast food restaurants put the drink machines on the other side of the counter and pretty much offer unlimited free refills and stopped having to deal with folks asking for refills and why most restaurants are still under 3 even thought they dirty up glasses when they refill you with a completely new glass.

I'm interested to see how that Holiday World business model will work at Alabama Adventure in Birmingham that's a short interstate drive from Nashville, Memphis, Atlanta and on. It's like Shlitterbahn and their cooler policy. It's great goodwill. Shlitterbahn will still sell you a decent sized mug with admission with reasonable refill prices. SDC's refill prices are getting out of hand. Had a neighbor take his family of 5 to Worlds of Fun when we were in Texas and he abused, I mean got his fill of their all you can eat food promo while we compared and contrasted the trips. I hate paying for parking at a lot owned by the park. Yeah, it get it at Disney, you get the monorail over.Disney is its own beast. Just bump the admission up a couple of bucks per ticket and promote the heck out of free parking. This is where SDC does it right, with it's parking structure with free and pay. As I type that, I'm sure they're contemplating changing it.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2014, 06:17:12 PM »
"Runner, Off Topic"

Runner, I quit caffeine 3 years ago for medical reason,  switched to Root Beer, which as a rule is Caffeine free,,There are a couple of other kinds of pop that are caffeine free also,,

the first of of April this year I quit drinking pop of any kind, I also cut out my morning candy bar/package of donuts... I do also feel much better and my clothes fit better also.!! Alos I am wearing jeans from 2 years ago...  LOL...  Imagine that<!...

When I need a "sugar" fix, I have been either drinking the new Gatorade "2" (cant be good for you),  Or I drink Kool-Aid, with 1/2 sugar mixed in... After drinking water for days, a Kool-Aid tastes like a "treat"

The first of June I decided to quit eating Deep Fat Fried food, that is a little harder to do... If you eat out somewhere/anywhere, everyone cooks food in grease...  But so far so good.......

OK.!!  Back On Topic, There lots of older mugs with 1.50 refill price on them,  my favorite are the Buzz Saw Falls mugs..

Sunkist Grape has no caffeine but Sunkist Orange does. Strange.

We almost exclusively grill everything and have for years except for breakfast staples like bacon and sausage.

People hit yard sales for mugs around here, we got a few Buzzsaw's this way but we hate the hassle of keeping up with them when all of us ride the big rides.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2014, 06:30:41 PM »
Technically, you only need one mug.  Consider taking along some smaller cups that fit inside the mug, and filling them from the mug.  Then get another refill for the mug when it's empty.  Where there is a cheapskate, there is a way!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

pintrader

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
Shame on you HB!!  :)   I think that is against city ordinance

gteinkcmo313

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
Understand the the annual purchase of drink mugs is to keep the cost of city tickets fee down.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2014, 09:21:45 PM »
Seems to me, the sales are to increase profits.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Harp

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »
Would like to know about the root beer float refills? First I have heard of this with the souvenir mugs.

Thanks.

Harp

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2014, 01:47:07 PM »
Would like to know about the root beer float refills? First I have heard of this with the souvenir mugs.

Thanks.

Harp

The root beer floats are good on my old glass mugs from the 80's. Not so sure about the ones since then since we never purchased any after the glass ones.

Harp

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2014, 02:40:44 PM »
Ok. Thanks.

Harp

arftle

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 08:03:02 PM »
We were just there a few weeks ago and bought mugs, but got the older ones with Saloon girls on them. Was told they never expire and can always be refilled, whereas the ones for this year only cannot. Seems to me buying the older ones is the way to go!

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2014, 12:35:40 PM »
Where exactly did you purchase older ones?