Author Topic: Homestay Credit Card Information.......  (Read 3195 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Homestay Credit Card Information.......
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:49:09 PM »
Ok everyone. I talked to Paige. I verified with her that the old owner (clown 1), did give the homestay computer system to the new owners (clowns 2) :).
If you ever paid your bill with a credit card and/or had a "guaranteed" reservation with credit card, That info is in the system...  Now that system belongs to (clown 2), and can be accessed by them..
Paige cannot access the system and erase the info. At this point the new people are not even letting her into the office area without being watched all the time..
Paige was able to find an apartment and is moving tonite/tomorrow..."YEA"!!
So with her being off property she will absolutely have NO chance of accessing the info..
She did tell me they are using an old CC machine from a different motel named "Almost Home"... So if you have any unauthorized transactions look for that name..
Also be prepared for phone calls from Homestay verifying your upcoming visit with them....
Paige and I both thought this should be reposted so everyone knew what was going on, she is very concerned about the credit card security..
Let your conscience be your guide on how to handle this info...

Parson B Ready

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Homestay Credit Card Information.......
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Let your conscience be your guide on how to handle this info...

My vote is an angry mob with pitchforks and torches!   ;D

Hollwood

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 04:35:35 PM »
Just FYI to everyone... Having CC information is NOT PCI compliant. The motel tahat is keeping your CC information can have legal action taken against them. If I were you guys I would lawyer up and turn Homestay into SDCfan stay.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »
Well then there a lot of motels out theer waiting to be sued.. because EVERYONE requires a CC for guarantee reservation......

But lets stay on topic about Homestay

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »
I called Homestay....the guy that answered sounded like he was Indian/Pakistani.. I asked him to check if our reservation for Sept was still in their system and it was not....he said that  the computers have been wiped clean and I asked him if our CC numbers were still in any of their computers and he said no.... I don't know if he was telling the truth or not......then he asked me if we wanted to make a new reservation of course I said NO.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2014, 07:09:18 PM »
I'm not sure I am comfortable with this thread... I'm sorry for what happened to Paige and I think the old Homestay owner was dumb for how he handled things, but everything posted here just sounds like vengeance rumor spreading. I don't see a reason to assume that the new/old owners didn't take appropriate, standard actions with their data during the transition. There are some situations where customer data is included in the sale of a business, but I'm not up to speed with how this particular type of transaction works. If they said they wiped the system, I'm inclined to believe them. Watch your account if you are worried, but don't assume the new owners are crooked just because you are mad at what happened to Paige.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2014, 08:21:36 PM »
Thank you, Steve.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 01:59:13 AM »
shave, yea, I may have the thread worded strongly...  So if you feel like you need to close/delete thread, please do so..

I was passing on the information as I received it. With as many of us that has stayed there in the past, If some "screwy" happened it could effect a lot of us.

But there are legitimate concerns about the CC security in this matter.

I realize the new owner had told members here that the puter was wiped clean and NO info was passed on, But I am being told something different. Thus the posting.