Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180391 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 02:22:35 PM »
Ok this is big. I think i know what ride we are getting in 2016. It is a coaster and we will probably start seeing construction soon. I have a friend who will be in SDC this Summer. This person's family will be some of the people that will be doing the construction. These people build rides for many parks. They just got done building a coaster in Disneyland in Florida. I will tell you more as soon as i can, when i get the info.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 02:30:40 PM »
Disneyland in Florida.  

Disneyland is in California, Walt Disney World Resort is in Florida.

...and I assume you are referring to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:32:10 PM by DollarCityBoy »
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 03:20:07 PM »
Laroy, even if you do know something from one of the construction people you should respect SDC and not say anything until they (SDC)  officially announce it.
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2015, 04:28:39 PM »
But they work in the park though, and they tell me all rumors

Hon. They tell you whatever it takes for you to go away. I'm sorry for being so blunt but they don't know and they don't care.  They just want to do their jobs in peace.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:42:47 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #79 on: March 26, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »
And if it is going to be a coaster we'll see construction soon enough before the announcement anyway.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 26, 2015, 06:39:29 PM »
Well there are already some markers and there has been some clearing (but not the type you are thinking of).  2017 is looking to be the year now.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 26, 2015, 06:44:26 PM »
Ok this is big. I think i know what ride we are getting in 2016. It is a coaster and we will probably start seeing construction soon. I have a friend who will be in SDC this Summer. This person's family will be some of the people that will be doing the construction. These people build rides for many parks. They just got done building a coaster in Disneyland in Florida. I will tell you more as soon as i can, when i get the info.

Oh dear lord, we are not getting a Vekoma. Classic case of telling you something to get you excited and get you to go away and leave them alone.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:45:14 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2015, 06:53:03 PM »
But they work in the park though, and they tell me all rumors

Hon. They tell you whatever it takes for you to go away. I'm sorry for being so blunt but they don't know and they don't care.  They just want to do their jobs in peace.

Laroy might be right Swoosh. Have you ever even been to Siver Dollar City? Laroy seems to have a inside source...no one else around here can claim that ;)

Jay

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2015, 07:08:37 PM »
The sarcasm is just dripping off this page. 😂
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2015, 07:16:08 PM »
FYI, there are definitely a lot of people around the park these days that will start rumors just to see how far they go and if they end up on here. Of course there are also lots of people who have no idea and think we're going to get whatever Disney/Cedar Point/some-other-popular-park just got.

The season got off to a good start, and things are boding well for the park's numbers this season. That will help move things along. I wonder what the new CEO will want to do though?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2015, 09:17:37 AM »
^ I would think the new CEO would want a new coaster/thrill ride put in ASAP.  It's easy to see what kind of excitement and attendance Outlaw Run created.  That's my thought anyway...
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
Yes DollarCityBoy. I never been to any Disney park. I get them confused. Just let it go. Everybody knows what I meant. This person didnt mention Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, even though I did hear it was the newest coaster. So that is why i didnt mention it. I didnt want to be wrong.

Duelist there is a reason why this topic is called 2016 project and developments. It is because we all want to know what SDC is getting next, and as soon as possible. If I hear SDC is getting something, I will say it because everybody else wants to know so they can come up with their own theory. You have to respect that, even if you dont want to know.

Swoosh, they are my friends. They would never tell me the truth. They tell me what I want to know because I am their friend and they know that I would never let them get in trouble.

Thank you very much cowboy!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:45:27 PM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
Swoosh, what do you mean there is already clearing and flags being placed? Did I miss something? I mean, last Sunday was the only day I went to the park so far this year and I rode the train first so I could see the 360 view of Firemans Landing before I went. But flags are BIG. Flags mean construction. How could i have missed that?

I also saw 4 things different on the train. Whistle sounds new, new show (really like that we have a new show for the first time in a long time), the other engine is disconnected from the other cars and the #1 car is gone, and they took the train photos away.

I cant wait to see what the new CEO does!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:52:52 PM by Laroy »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2015, 05:58:22 PM »
The season got off to a good start, and things are boding well for the park's numbers this season. That will help move things along. I wonder what the new CEO will want to do though?

Yes it did, with almost perfect weather, I am sure the total numbers made everyone happy.!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2015, 07:48:48 PM »
I'm just going to leave these here.

Swoosh, they are my friends. They would never tell me the truth. They tell me what I want to know.

Did I miss something?
SWOOSH