Author Topic: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 180321 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC's 2016 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2015, 04:24:12 PM »
First of all, Mickey Gilley Theatre is next to WW, along the strip, not behind it. Behind WW is the Red Roof Mall. Both of those have closed and they can expand the park into Mickey Gilley and/or expand the parking lot into Red Roof Mall, then expand the park into the parking lot.

Secondly, what is this theater that people keep saying is "behind White Water"? There is no theater behind WW.

Thirdly, yes I would like a water structure tree house like Frontier City did, but in a different SDC sort of way.

The entire red roof mall complex is already being developed into a sports complex. No room for expansion there.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »
Oh, I didnt know that. Ever since it closed down, I heard it was blocked off.

Well, at least all those sports fans that complain about there being, "No fun sporting events", will have something for them, even though Branson is about shows, not sports.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:41:19 PM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 17, 2015, 09:53:42 PM »
I found some kind of small building being constructed with 2 pathways leading to it, behind Cokes and Cones in GE. This is a picture from the back of the Culinary Craft School. This is the only construction related thing I could find. I didnt see any construction flags. What are they doing here? Could this be the site of our next ride?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2015, 02:32:31 PM »
^^ That doesn't look like a very new building.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2015, 04:08:30 PM »
I found some kind of small building being constructed with 2 pathways leading to it, behind Cokes and Cones in GE. This is a picture from the back of the Culinary Craft School. This is the only construction related thing I could find. I didnt see any construction flags. What are they doing here? Could this be the site of our next ride?

Probably just a covering for a electrical sub or hiding some kind of support equipment. The paths look like backstage delivery and supportaths.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2015, 07:22:04 PM »
Maybe...who knows...

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 06, 2015, 05:08:52 PM »
Thinking about my Cosmo class, we had to learn the history of Cosmo for the first week. Back around 1850 to 1880 is when the barber pole was made to represent the veins of patients. Back then, Barbers were also Dentists and Surgeons. Barber/Dentists/Surgeons all in one. They would squeeze the arms of the patients until they saw their veins. Then, somehow, for some reason, this led to wrapping the veins and arteries around a white pole. I dont know how it led to that, or why, I forget. I dont know what proceedure these patients were coming for either. Im sure they had barber/dentists/surgeons back then. Why dont SDC have one? Most people might not want to see it, but if they had them back then, they should get one. People dont have to go in if they dont want to...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #157 on: May 06, 2015, 07:29:36 PM »
ROI
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:36 PM »
^^ I think it represented bandages and blood because barbers used to perform some medical procedures.  And what has that to do with the 2016 project???
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #159 on: May 06, 2015, 08:17:50 PM »
If I had to guess, he posted in the wrong thread
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 06, 2015, 08:54:52 PM »
^ Gotcha.  we really need something solid to talk about for 2016 to keep us on track  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 06, 2015, 09:33:46 PM »
Its not in the wrong thread. Maybe we can get this next year. No other thread to put it in.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2015, 10:10:06 PM »
That definitely looks like a suggestion, but I don't feel like moving it. FYI about barber poles though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber%27s_pole

Getting back on topic...

Now that summer is on the verge of starting up, if something very large is coming for next year we could see some level of clearing work start within the next couple of months.

At the moment I feel like WW will probably get focused on more than SDC though, which could be a good thing. A good slide tower like what Darien Lake got a few years ago would make the place shine again.

I'm curious if they'll use this year to put something in the abandoned pad in HDH. Another kiddie ride would be cheap and help extend their current push towards young families. Plus I just hate that big empty concrete space under the bridge.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2015, 11:28:19 PM »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2015, 03:00:05 AM »
^^^Chittlins, you should see how hard I'm laughing right now. That image is perfect. PERFECT.

^^Shave, I agree that they should put something on that empty ride pad in HDH. I rather liked Swoosh's idea to move all the "itty bitty kiddie" rides over to HDH.