Author Topic: Valleyfair 2015  (Read 7081 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Valleyfair 2015
« on: August 28, 2014, 05:55:48 PM »
Something is coming to Valleyfair. They tweeted a picture of someone on a lift 100 ft up and said to stay tuned. @Valleyfair_MN: A new ride at Valleyfair? Nope, it's just Bob taking some pictures from nearly 100 feet up. Stay tuned to learn why! http://t.co/00nAY6TAOP.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: Valleyfair 2015
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 06:06:43 PM »
Is there enough time to get a new coaster before May when they open? VF is kind of due for a new coaster one of these years since this is Renegade's seventh season. Or, will this be an addition to Soak City to try and add some more thrills to that park? Would WOF and VF have water park additions in the same year? Maybe this year is Oceans of Fun and VF's years and next year will be WOF and Soak City's year.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:05:34 PM »
They are completely redoing their waterpark adding slides and stuff.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 09:18:25 PM »
So do you have any idea when an official announcement will happen? I was at Soak City for about an hour and a half this summer while I was at VF and it seemed really crowded. It was Fourth of July weekend, but VF was pretty empty. We never had to wait more than ten minutes for a ride, unless you count being stuck on the top of Renegade for 15 minutes as waiting. :)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 11:54:36 PM »
I've heard next Thursday.  They're waiting for the waterpark to close for the season
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:16 PM »
What they should've done is announced the project today at Soak City so people would've left excited for next season instead of being sad that the waterpark is closed. So do you think they'll be removing any slides? It wouldn't be very nice of the park to close today and shut down something without telling the public so people could get their last rides in.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 01:10:22 PM »
But, I guess White Water didn't tell people Bermuda Triangle would close before the park closed for the season.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2014, 08:08:29 PM »
Considering most media outlets are skeleton crews today, it doesn't make sense to release on Labor Day.  It will be Thursday at the earliest.
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 07:02:27 PM »
I hope this announcement is tomorrow. Even though I and many people would rather see a B&M coaster come next year, just as many people will enjoy the waterpark renovation. Does Excalibur closing on September 14 have anything to do with this project, or does Excalibur just close after the main operating season? I would be fine seeing Excalibur gone in the next few years and being replaced with a B&M coaster. When I was at VF there was only like two other people riding, even with only one train operating.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 07:28:09 PM »
I'm not sold on Excalibur leaving next season.  I am willing to bet that some of the supports for the new slide complexes will be going pretty close to the Excalibur station and then over the access road.  BUT, since Thunder Canyon will be closing for the season here soon, it only makes sense to go ahead and shut down the entire back section of the park with all of the construction that will be going on
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2014, 07:37:27 PM »
Thunder Canyon closes the same day. So I was just wondering if they were doing a huge expansion by turning Excalibur area into Soak City. Do you think Excalibur will be leaving soon for a new coaster or does VF have other expansion plots? VF isn't really a park that needs more than 7-8 coasters in my opinion, but since it is a CF park who knows. I'm glad SDC does more than just coasters every other year.

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2014, 05:39:39 PM »
Not today....

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2014, 08:53:28 PM »
Yep.  This was the earliest date that it would have been
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 01:32:12 PM »
Swoosh, is there any chance of the announcement being on a weekend, or are weekends as bad as Labor Day?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 05:28:51 PM »
Weekend announcements get buried in media.  The most common announcement date is Thursday with Tuesday and Wednesday a close 2nd.  Mondays are usually avoided due to the runoff from the weekend and Fridays are as well as most people are focusing on things that will happen over the weekend.

Hooray - Public Relations class was actually good for something.  lol
SWOOSH