Author Topic: SDC passes and BAF  (Read 3278 times)

greathay

• View Profile
SDC passes and BAF
« on: September 01, 2014, 05:23:06 PM »
New here and glad to find this site!
We are considering passes for 2015 and the SDC office says they will have info sometime in Nov. 
For your 2014 passes, did you rec Bring a Friend tickets?   
How does that work?  Are they good on any date in the year or only on certain random dates (such as SixFlags does)?
Right now, on the SDC pass purchase page, it says nothing about BAF but does say visitors can rec $5 off a ticket.

And, someone mentioned on here that local supermarkets have one day tickets for $30.
What supermarket?

so many questions  ;)  but trying to plan fun for next year requires lots of info!
thanks!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC passes and BAF
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 07:55:22 PM »
To answer your questions.

The earlier you buy the better the BAF benefits. From opening day of sale to a specified cutoff date will get you more passes with more flexible dates. The cut off date is usually around Jan. 1 or so.

The passes are only good for specified time periods. So, there are blackout dates.

If you purchase passes for the remainder of this year ou will not get BAF's

Country Mart in Branson has the $30.00 tickets for Thursdays.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »
I believe passes go on sale Veterans Weekend.  If I'm wrong, they'll be for sale by Thanksgiving.  I just can't remember which weekend we always purchase them.

Ozarks Gal

• Cave Guide
  • SDC fan since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:04:22 PM »
Tickets for the 2015 season will go on sale at some point in November.  Tickets you buy during this period of mid-November to approx February will be your best deal: the price is the cheapest it will be all season, plus you get the Bring a Friend (BAF) tickets.  It think it's usually 5, and they each have a set of dates through the year when they are good (if I remember correctly, July and November are blacked out since they are the busiest times, as well as some of their other busy weekends).
The later you buy the tickets in the spring the price will go up a little bit, and there will be fewer dates available for the free BAF passes to be used.

Some years they will do an offer during the Christmas festival that allows you to turn a one day pass for 2014 into a season pass for 2015 (but you don't receive the BAF passes for next year).

BTW, welcome to our forums! Hope we were able to help, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need!
"Red Flanders, you come back in here and put on your pants!" "Well Sadie, I ain't got no pants no more. The dang Baldknobbers stole 'em!"

greathay

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 10:36:55 PM »
Thanks much for the helpful info.
Found a good deal on hotel and we're set to go in November! 
I'll note the supermarket for the great deal on tickets.  Never know when that could come in handy for friends if BAF tickets are not available.  Thanks again. :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 02:28:33 AM »
Glad you found a good deal on a motel... 
Keep in mind, as a member here at SDCFans, you get a discounted rate of 38.00 per night at Classic Motor Inn on Shepherd Of The Hills Expressway... this rate is good anytime during the year "except" Car show weekend

greathay

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 08:16:25 PM »
I didn't know that.  Thanks!