Author Topic: Paige from Homestay has been sick  (Read 25734 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Paige from Homestay has been sick
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2014, 06:26:42 PM »
Good News!::

just talked to paige, said she ate some chocolate ice cream today!

sounds like they are going to discharge her tomorrow. She will still have a feeding tube hooked up until she gets to where she can eat regularly and get all the nutrition her body needs without it. The nurse will come by and make sure she is all set up at home and then come by a couple times a week to check on things. a step in the right direction.

Also she is seeing some "blue" color...  Still no diagnosis on eyesight problem    Hoping that as she regains her strength and nutrients her eyesight will return....

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2014, 06:53:36 PM »
What a hard time she has had. Keep on the sunnyside, gal!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 01:54:01 PM »
Good news.....hope her vision comes back.....I know what limited vision can do to a persons mind.  My eyesight has been getting worse and I am legally blind in my left eye and right one has retina damage. Thank God for computers that can magnify everything on the screen. Paige is a fighter and will come through all of what she has to face.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2014, 03:58:52 PM »
Paige is headed home today! YAY...

She has a Looong ways to go, but home is a good start.

I now have her home address, if anyone wants it. PM me.....

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2014, 08:11:17 PM »
Well unfortunately Paige didn't make it 24 hours at home, got violently sick today and had to go to ER..  here is the latest report from sister:

Candice Paige Williams is going to be admitted back into the hospital. She'll have another private room. Her incision is infected and her blood tests show high counts in white blood cells & platelets. She was not ready to be released. Her feeding tube has been pulled out. We are waiting on xrays for that. So prayers warriors are being called once again!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2014, 09:03:10 AM »
Paige is back at Cox South, in springfield Missouri, has a private room..  room number 937.

They are pumping antibiotics to work against infections, and working on regulating pain medication....

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2014, 12:16:27 PM »
Will continue to pray for Paige.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2014, 04:04:05 AM »
11-4...

Update from Paige's husband..

" Paige is doing much better today now is drinking some insure and holding it down. They figured and are treating her infections and have the feeding tube in place. She's having cravings for beef, good sign. She said to me today she's determined to get healthy and strong again. First I'm hearing of positive outlook from her. She should be able to come home soon, but still where she needs to be. Thanks for everyone's prayers. There is a light at the end of the tunnel."

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2014, 01:25:55 PM »
Thanks Sanddune for Lance's update on Paige.She needs to be able to eat real food and get herself built up again. Sounds like it'll be happening soon.  Good that she has her determination  back.

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2014, 05:17:37 PM »
Thanks for all of the forwarded updates. I sure have been keeping her in my prayers.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2014, 05:59:47 PM »
To all of you, 

Your welcome!

She has a loooog hard road ahead of her.

I will keep you posted as I get info.!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »
11-4 - evening,
posted by sister:

""I've been hanging out with Candice Paige Williams tonight. She's doing pretty darn good. While I've been here she ate cottage cheese, string cheese, crackers all about an 1/8 of a tsp. LOL. Earlier today she had a few bites of a hamburger patty, a couple of fruit melons, a few bites of macaroni cheese (noodles not cooked all the way), chicken broth and a clear ensure. Soooo pretty good day!!!!! Her pain is starting to get under control and the infection is too. We'll see how she is in a few more days """"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2014, 05:51:41 PM »
Couple of more conversations with Paige... 1st one was with my wife, 2nd post is from the sister..  we talke to her last night, sister texted us today..... :D

11-5:
wed nov. 5th. called paige tonight, and we visited quite a while...she is still hooked up to the feeding tube, BUT, she IS beginning to eat a few things on her own. she had a small salad yesterday, a few potato chips, some pudding, and some pizza, although i think she picked off the pepperoni and left the crust LOL..small steps, but at least these are steps forward! hopefully when they send her home this next time all will be well. Infection seems to be better, they will do another culture maybe tomorrow. thats all for now folks.

11-6:
"""I just spoke with my sister Candice Paige Williams, she doing much better and sounds better then she has all week. She's having certain food cravings, which is good. Another CT scan was done today and the psuedocyst is completely dried up and gone. That tells me the antibiotics are working, yeah!! She still has several more days to take the antibiotics. They may or may not release her tmrw, because her hemoglobin count is up and down or basically all over the place. Other than that she feels pretty good! Once we concentrate on getting her better we'll look closer into her eyesight issue. She and I both have agreed it's best to just take care of one problem at a time and her nutritional health is very important at this time and stopping the infection 100%. Thanks for all the prayers and please continue. Now, carry on LOL """

All sounds good to me!!!! :) :)

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2014, 01:04:18 PM »
Sounds like Paige is doing a lot better. We'll keep on praying for her complete recovery.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
11-11.  from sister tonight.:

""My sister Candice Paige Williams is home!!! She is in high spirits and has more energy then I've seen in many weeks & sitting on the couch. She wants to get back to normal. She's still very skinny and has talked about all kinds of foods she wants to eat. Her taste buds are improving as well. She still has a small j-tube attached and the feeding tube, but eating a little Chili right now. She still can't see, but we will be pursuing more on that soon. She will still have a home nurse who will come in and help out as well. Thanks for the all prayers.""