Author Topic: Disrespect for the park  (Read 6186 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Disrespect for the park
« on: October 01, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
I spend most of my online time on Tumblr. I track the tag "Silver Dollar City." And today a new post was in the tag and it REALLY bothered me. But I don't know if I should, like, report this to SDC because of the blatant disregard for park rules, especially since that disregard led to damage of property, or... I dunno. What do you guys think?

http://toothpac.tumblr.com/post/98924035247/blue-is-the-new-black

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Disrespect for the park
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 06:08:16 PM »
you may bring It to there attention... management may want to change something at that point about access to that area.

.. doubt they would do anything about the girls themselves...
'

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 07:18:50 PM »
Where was this taken? FM?

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:04:30 PM »
Yeah, that definitely looks like the guardhouse when you're heading to the FM

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
Destructive kids really piss me off.  I admit when I was a kid wee did the toilet paper thing but that was it.  This isn't "cool" at all.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 11:26:35 PM »
Don't get too worked up about it, this kind of thing happens all the time. Just the way it is when you have around 2.5 million guests a year, some of them are bound to do something stupid every once in awhile. I certainly recommend forwarding a screenshot and link on to the park just so they know about it and can fix whatever they broke.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2014, 07:38:15 AM »
I agree with Shave. Just teenagers having fun. I pulled some of the same stuff when I was young. I doubt that they intentionally broke anything and were just hoping to keep out of trouble when they got out. We all have learned from our mistakes.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 01:32:02 PM »
I was thinking about that this morning. General lack of respect is one of the major issues plaguing society right now. I see it at work, driving a car, at my kids schools, in polical discourse, it's everywhere.

All I can do is do my best not to be part of the problem.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2014, 03:30:08 PM »
I agree, obg.  There is a general lack of respect.  I am, however teaching my children to be different from the rest of the world, and as a fourth grade teacher in a large school, I influence my students and others in my school to be different and to make a difference.  In my classroom, students know on the first day that I expect them to speak to adults and to each other with respect.  They say "yes, ma'am" and "no sir" when answering questions.  They greet adults with firm handshakes and eye contact.  They say thank you, you're welcome, I'm sorry, and excuse me.  They aren't allowed to use bad language or even harsh euphemisms.

Of course, they are far from perfect.  After all, they are nine or ten years old when I get them.  Sometimes that means I have to undo nine or ten years of bad habits and bad manners in just the nine months I have them.  We just get started when I have to send them to summer break and the rest of their lives.  I pray that it all sticks.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2014, 05:01:51 PM »
HB.  good for you.. I am sure some of your students will remember it for life...

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2014, 05:55:59 PM »
Yep, VERY disrespectful in my opinion, and a bit stupid too. They could have gotten that exact same picture if they had just gone to the jail by the Ice Cream Parlor...but I guess that really wasn't their point...they wanted to be 'rebels.' Stupid
You have a great past just ahead of you.

dc_mpa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2014, 09:18:49 PM »
Don't take this the wrong way, as I 100% agree that the girls shouldn't be doing this and especially break things. The wording makes it sound like it was a mistake however it wouldn't of happened at all had they been in there!

But my original point....I'd bring it to the parks attention to make corrections if they wish but as for the lamp getting broke...isn't that why we pay $50+ to just walk into the park?  Things like that are going to happen, kids and adults knocking over glass items in the glass makers shop, breaking a chair by leaning back, theft, etc. it stinks but it's going to sadly happen.

I believe I heard a story of a time kids dumped in a bunch of gelling chemicals and messed up a water ride that had to be drained and scrubbed. Stinks but it's unfortunately going to happen.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2014, 01:16:37 AM »
dc---  You made 2 valid points....

accidents do happen, broken glass, chairs and so on maybe even a broken lamp by mistake where the kids should NOT be..

BUT vandalism is a different matter, it is done on purpose and is wrong! such as """I believe I heard a story of a time kids dumped in a bunch of gelling chemicals and messed up a water ride that had to be drained and scrubbed""""     That should be reported and the kids punished.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2014, 01:21:45 PM »
I agree with you Sanddune. There's a difference between accidents and vandalism.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2014, 03:54:00 PM »
Still, accidents that result from trespassing - or at least from not adhering to boundaries - still make the person liable for property damage.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating