Author Topic: November 15 attendance estimates?  (Read 2667 times)

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
November 15 attendance estimates?
« on: October 19, 2014, 10:27:37 AM »
Our family is going down to The City to view the Christmas lights Saturday, November 15. We are taking some new members of the family who have never had a family vacation let alone been to anything like The City. I am excited to take them but am wondering what the crowds will be like that day. I assume nice weather (above 50 and no precipitation) the place will be packed? Sort of hoping for overcast and cold myself, oh, but temperatures just high enough to allow the coasters to run. What is operating temperature for OR, isn't it like 45?

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: November 15 attendance estimates?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 10:33:55 AM »
Hi!  I saw you were on line so I thought I could help a bit.  Others will be able to tell you more.  The big weekend will be Veterans Weekend, which you'll be missing.  Yes, it will be crowded but if that is your only time to go, it will be worth it!  The Christmas season draws an enormous crowd, especially on weekends. Crowds are generally lighter during the daylight hours, but you won't want to miss the city at night!  It's glorious.  My advice would be to see Main Street early and then get off the square where it will be less crowded.  Have fun!!  
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:34:46 AM by Gilligan »

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 01:55:23 PM »
Thanks. We have been down there only 1 other time for Christmas. That was the largest crowd I have ever seen at The City. I was amazed though how I never saw anyone (cast members or guests) in a grumpy mood. I guess it was the time of the year. Looking forward to it, especially as long as temperatures are good enough to have the coasters running.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 04:19:12 PM »
DK....my hubs and I will be staying at Classic Motor Inn that weekend and going to SDC  Nov 13-16. Will be around  McHaffie Cabin most of the time.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 08:19:51 PM »
The Christmas season is pretty much SDC's busiest time of the year, save for perhaps MM and the other holiday weekends (if the weather's good). However, this shouldn't dissuade anyone from going. The whole park is an experience to enjoy, and many of the crowds are wrapped up in viewing the sites, the shows, the food, and other things, so unless you are trying to see all the shows it's not too difficult to do a lot even with a full park.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2014, 09:21:57 AM »
As it turns out we will be there that weekend also, will be there on sunday.. 

You asked about temperature restrictions on OR...  here is the link to all rides..:

Have a great day! it will be worth it!

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/attractions/rides/Ride-Temperature-Guidelines.aspx