Author Topic: 20 Theme Parks foods you have to try.  (Read 6368 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
20 Theme Parks foods you have to try.
« on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:07 PM »
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:52:00 PM by History Buff »

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Theme PArks foods you have to try.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 08:48:47 AM »
My mouth watered looking at most of those items!

I also noted that Dollywood's Cinnamon Bread made the list (much like SDC's...if not the same).

I've been to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, along with all the Orlando Resorts too they mentioned. YUM
You have a great past just ahead of you.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 09:12:20 AM »
I wish SDC would do the apple french fries!  That really looks good!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 06:04:26 PM »
There are a lot of "like" items.. 

I did notice that their were NO duplicate parks..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 07:38:58 PM »
Not to brag, but I've been to all of those parks and sampled each of the items that were listed. Purely by coincidence though, it was just what I was hungry/thirsty for at the time.
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 07:35:19 AM »
Not to brag, but I've been to all of those parks and sampled each of the items that were listed. Purely by coincidence though, it was just what I was hungry/thirsty for at the time.

Well? C'mon! whats the rest of the story.? 

all good foods? 

didn't like which one...?

Anything you "hated"?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:35:53 AM by sanddunerider »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:45:51 AM »
LOL. if I remember I'll try to be more detailed tonight in a post. This is busy time for me with music contests so forgive me if I forget.

Oh while I'm thinking of it, my band will be performing at SDC on April 11th before opening ceremonies on the square
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 06:52:37 PM »
LOL. if I remember I'll try to be more detailed tonight in a post. This is busy time for me with music contests so forgive me if I forget.

Oh while I'm thinking of it, my band will be performing at SDC on April 11th before opening ceremonies on the square

Congrats on the Band thing... that should be exciting for you and the kids.!!

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 20 Theme Parks foods you have to try.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 09:35:31 PM »
The only thing on this list that I've had is a skillet from SDC. I've not had Dollywood's cinnamon bread (never been there), but I've had it at SDC. Haven't had the deep-fried Oreos at Kennywood (never been there), but I get them every year at the Ozark Empire Fair in Springfield. Again, haven't been to Knoebels, but I've had alligator tail strips at the Outback restaurant on the Branson strip.

Speaking of amazing theme park food, the last time I was at WDW, I got the Prix Fixe Menu option at Chefs de France in Epcot. I chose the lobster bisque for the soup course and the mac and cheese for the entree... It was SO GOOD. Also, at the 1900 Park Fare character breakfast buffet, they had lobster eggs benedict... it was the best thing I've EVER eaten. OMG. And of course, you just can't leave a Disney park without getting a churro. :-D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 09:52:53 PM »
Here is my review of each of the foods

1. Deep Fried Oreos at Kennywood.
I had them at the state fair before, so it wasn't a new experience.  They were tasty though and I was craving something sweet when I got them

2. Olaf Candy Apples at Disneyland
While it was not an Olaf themed apple when I got one, I have experienced the candy apples at Disneyland.  They are not overly special, but after having a lot of junk theme park food during the trip I decided to go for something that at least had a healthy center.

3. Signature Skillets at SDC
This is the one thing that I tell people that have never been to the park before that they need to try.

4. Alligator Bites at Knoebel's
Not only is their food good here, it is also very inexpensive.  These bites were better than I expected.  It was one of those "why not" things.  I had already had a taco salad and since the rain was coming down I decided to go for it and have an order of these too. 

5. Chicken and Waffles at Downtown Disney
Needed a relatively quick meal before going to see Cirque du Soleil so I had this.  Not bad, but probably wouldn't go out of my way to have them again

6. Apple Fries at Legoland
When there is a long line, you need to entertain yourself somehow.  This is what I decided to do.  They were good - but they also kept me occupied while waiting in line.  That might have been why they were so good

7. Gelato at EPCOT
Let's face it, most of the food here is good.  This is no different and it hit the spot during the warm afternoon waiting in line for Soarin (yes the building is AC'd but it was hot outside)

8. Deep Fried Cheese on a Stick
It was one of the offerings at Mania, I wouldn't go out of my way to order one though.  The fries at the park are a better option.

9. Smores Ravioli at Studios
They were just OK.  I was expecting more I guess

10. Butterbeer at Universal
Very yummy.  Definitely lives up to the hype

11. Churro Sundae at Great America
It's a hot park and this was my way of cooling off.  Not bad.

12. Cinnamon Bread at Dollywood
It's good, but overhyped. 

13. Giant Turkey Legs at Six Flags
They seriously seem to grow on you as you eat one.  They only look small.

14. African Spice Cake at Animal Kingdom
My friend got one and forced me to have a bite.  It was just ok

15. Chicken at KBF
Had it as part of the coaster event there.  It's good, but don't understand why everyone is crazy about it.  We have local joints in Mid-MO that are just as good if not better

16. Mini Donuts at Blizzard Beach
These are like crack.  Eat at your own risk

17. Trappers Brisket at Busch Gardens
This is the only place I will eat at BGT.  The fact you can sit at a table and watch SheiKra splash down into the pool only makes it better

18. Loaded Funnel Cake at Hersheypark
It sounded like a good idea at the time, but it is way too sweet.  Couldn't finish it due to sugar rush

19. Black raspberry icecream at KI
This is a very hot park in the summer - you need something to cool you down.  The blue icecream is better

20. Spaghetti and Meatballs at DelGrosso's
I had this because it was recommended.  It was better than I was expecting.
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »
While I have not been to Knott's, I have eaten at the chicken restaurant there (accessible from both inside and outside the park at the time [1984], but I don't know if it is still configured that way).  I agree with Swoosh that it is overrated.  I just didn't get its appeal.

Of course, the skillets at SDC are the best, but I will only eat the Family Feud.  I'm still waiting to try the BBQ skillet, but it's always unavailable when I'm in that area and hungry.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »
@ Swoosh....

Loved #16 review!

LOL

puaa001

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2015, 04:47:01 AM »
I love foods.. specially non-vegetarians..