Author Topic: 2015 Trip Reviews  (Read 70118 times)

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Trip Reviews
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2015, 11:21:37 PM »
I think youre suppose to be quiet until the bridge on FITH so people can hear and know whats going on. People have fun by riding, seeing shows, and just being out in SDC. I use my imagination to imagine what kinds of rides or other stuff could be in empty spots.

Post Office?? You mean the room next to it that used to be a toy train store, photograph office, and now sweepstakes room? Post office in is the general store.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:24:01 PM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2015, 11:41:26 PM »
Today, there wasnt much different except the "accident" on riverblast. I dont know what happened, but when I came up to ride and saw the closed chain across it, i saw people getting off a raft and going thru the emergency gate. Theyve never opened that gate. Thats how I knew something was really wrong or something bad happened, so bad that they couldnt even let them wait and get off in the station. I didnt see any people hurt. I just saw 2 guys in Waters pushing the rafts while some kids still tried to get their money's worth by shooting anything they could. They pushed 3 rafts over there and I saw the people walk past us as they came off. After that, I left and hoped it would open again. When I came back an hour later, a woman was there and she said something happened that was so bad, she couldnt say what it was. When I came an hour later, a man was there and he said it broke.....I didnt believe him....If it did break, something, like a wheel to push the rafts in, must have broke that they couldnt get into the station....I wonder what happened here????
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:47:39 PM by Laroy »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2015, 01:35:46 PM »
^^How-do, I think I figured out what you were doing a little while after I posted the question.  It always takes a while for kids to warm up to FitH.  That's great.  When I first read it, I thought I might have missed a big addition.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 31, 2015, 08:29:56 PM »
Today, there wasnt much different except the "accident" on riverblast. I dont know what happened, but when I came up to ride and saw the closed chain across it, i saw people getting off a raft and going thru the emergency gate. Theyve never opened that gate. Thats how I knew something was really wrong or something bad happened, so bad that they couldnt even let them wait and get off in the station. I didnt see any people hurt. I just saw 2 guys in Waters pushing the rafts while some kids still tried to get their money's worth by shooting anything they could. They pushed 3 rafts over there and I saw the people walk past us as they came off. After that, I left and hoped it would open again. When I came back an hour later, a woman was there and she said something happened that was so bad, she couldnt say what it was. When I came an hour later, a man was there and he said it broke.....I didnt believe him....If it did break, something, like a wheel to push the rafts in, must have broke that they couldnt get into the station....I wonder what happened here????

What time was this? We were there yesterday and when we went by early afternoon, River Blast was running?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 01, 2015, 01:42:19 PM »
I think it was....around noon to 1:00.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2015, 05:31:16 AM »
Quite an early morning crowd on Sunday, we went out on 265 for breakfast, near BG and headed for the city about 930....  LOL... WOW!! traffic backed up on 265 past BG's. Finally made it to 76/265 stoplight and traffic was backed up east of the intersection onto the new road..  (so much for helping traffic flow).. Fnially made it into the park about 10:15, I dropped the girls off at gate so they could see the Sons of Silver Dollar,  I finally got back about 1/2 way through...  traffic was still backed up as I walked in.....  lots of people on square, people seemed to be everywhere, even though I knew most of the traffic were Gospel goers and were going to church service at the Big Gold..  we did the train, Same skit as the rest of the year, although they forgot the quarter horse joke this time. we made it on 1st train..(barely).. After that, walked up past candy store, watched the blacksmith, watched the Strret Troupe, watched SOSD 2nd set and we were outta there,  No traffic in sight when we left

The Haygoods had a special show at 2 that we had tickets for..It was a great show as always.

I checked on attendance this weekend because of sundays traffic.. sat-13,000, Sunday-15,000 ( ithink they were all there before 11:00!!). and Monday had a respectful 10,000..

Lesson learned. next year, Be at park at 9 or a little before next year, OR wait until  after noon to go.......   LOL

The park looked good, clean.

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 12, 2015, 10:44:50 PM »
We plan to hit the park, tomorrow (Sunday), for a quick visit.  We were on the way out, today, saw the line of traffic, and took a U-turn.

We got tickets to the Haygoods instead ($11 for local appreciation, and the local actually included our area).  The theater was sold out and the parking lot was overflowing.  The show has grown so much, and they really pleased the audience.

76 was as congested as it was in the old days - a good sign for Branson.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »
One more family day at sdc before our crazy end of September through October hits.  No lines today folks!  Even outlaw run had a less than 10 minute wait.  Park is full of crafters this year.  We won't be back before December!

History Buff

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2015, 04:39:23 PM »
Hopefully we'll get back over there before the festival ends, but we headed home to a sick child and took SDC off of our itinerary for this trip.  :(

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2015, 09:53:53 AM »
Big crowd at SDC on Saturday, 9/19. We normally do not go to the park on Saturdays but now we have gone 2 Saturdays in a row. We got there about 11 and left by 1. Walked around drinking frozen lemonade (which was way too sweet this time), looked at some of the booths and the Cowboy emporium. Tried to go to the Wild West show but it was full before its noon start time. Listened to Horse Creek for awhile at the Barn Dance, and saw Mr. Callaway dance a few times.

Do plan on another visit before the end of the festival. And I do hope there are some changes before the 2016 Festival -- I remember when the Fall Festival had lots of music.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2015, 05:42:20 PM »
Around 19,000 attendance this last Saturday,

Was out there Sunday, small crowd, about 7200 people. 

Park looked pretty good, Mostly the same crafter thye have had the last few years, and most of them in the same area....
Really missed the Tinkerman Man, after 3 years it just left a big empty spot in the day...  oh well...

MHGUY>>>>> The Barb wire craftsperson is IN the frisco hall this year and will be there until this next sunday, October 4th..   If you don't make it, I grabbed a business card for you.. can post pic or text it to you,.,,,   let me know

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2015, 08:12:17 PM »
MHGUY>>>>> The Barb wire craftsperson is IN the frisco hall this year and will be there until this next sunday, October 4th..   If you don't make it, I grabbed a business card for you.. can post pic or text it to you,.,,,   let me know
Thanks Sandune, I got out there last Sunday for a bit and visited with her.  I also talked to Violet from Yellville the fiddle lady.  It was a nice festival.
Thanks for thinking of me and save that card cause I didn't get one.

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2015, 08:18:48 PM »
We went to the City today (Sunday, Oct.4).  The crowds were light and the weather was perfect!  We arrived at the square at about 9:45 with a 10:00 opening.  After the flag-raising, we looked around the square a little before we took our 6-year-old to the Fireman's Landing.  I rode the shot ride for the first time since there was no wait.  Good times.  Our daughter rode the dogs and the wagon.  It was nice without any lines.  In fact, we were the only riders in the area except for the shot ride that I rode with two other people.

We walked around and took in the fall sights and crafts.  We did two turns on the carousel.  For some reason, our daughter did not want to ride the Flooded Mine, even though she rides it every trip.  Oh well.  We also skipped the train until Christmas.  We strolled through the Craft Barn and looked around where the Mustang show is, but we didn't watch the show.  We went to the Expo and rode the frogs and the flying bugs.  By then, it was time for the Wild West show.  It was pretty good.  I wish there had been more Native American dancing, but the show was the highlight of our day.

After the show, we strolled around some more.  We don't really ride a lot of the big rides when we have our youngest with us since we have to trade off.  We'll catch them next time we're alone or with grandparents.  We did stop by the school and farm animal area on our way out.  We left about 2:00.  We just had some snacks and frozen lemonade in the park this time. 

It was a nice relaxing day.  We just came to Branson on Sat. afternoon for a quick trip.  Last night we walked the Landing and had a swim at the hotel.  We're ready for a Christmas visit now!

CoasterCale

• View Profile
    • Home of Chicago's Very own Coaster Cale
« Reply #163 on: October 12, 2015, 09:23:44 PM »
I've only been to SDC once, although the trip was three days. I have no current plans on returning, but hope to by the end of the season. This was back in April, from a Thursday to a Saturday. I was surprised to find out how big the lot(s) are. I learned quickly why there are trams. At Rope Drop, I went straight to Outlaw. I was surprised not only to see one train operation, but also that a line didn't really form until 90 minutes into park hours. At that point a second train was added. Barn Swings are wicked, especially if you get the side that hangs above the rafting river. Powder Keg was down, so went to Fire in the Hole. I was legitimately scared during my first ride. I knew about the splashdown at the end, but not much more. Powder Keg was still down (and wouldn't open until around noon the following day) so I went to WildFire. I couldn't find Flooded Mine right away, so I accidentally found myself down my Outlaw again and took it for a spin. I still couldn't find flooded mine, but somehow did with Thunderation. I find it funny that the whole ride goes on the momentum from the station, the goes up a chain, right before hitting brakes. Finally found my way to Flooded Mine. I didn't know it at first, but it would become my favorite "shoot em up" rides at a non Disney park. I still haven't ridden Justice League, but it is still impressive, especially for it's age.
Am I the only one that thinks PowderKeg is the best coaster at SDC?
#25 Wild Thing #50 Millenium Force #75 Skull Mountain (SFGAd) #100 Seven Dwarfs Mine #125 Avalanche

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2015, 03:12:50 PM »
Went to SDC on Thursday for about 2-3 hours. Last grandkid didnt get to go, got in a fight at school & hasnt done his homework, so parents said no. Plus, the day we were leaving i was checking the car & found a antifreeze leak coming out of the intake manifold. Took car to the shop, got a nice VW Jetta as a loaner, packed our stuff, & left.
Got to the park around 3:30. Took about the first hour watching some of the craftsmen on the square. Rode Powderkeg, they had 1 train going. That took about 45 minutes. Rode FITH, that is always fun! Met some folks from Arkansas, it was their first time there. Said they really enjoyed the park, they had been there for 2 days. Rode Outlaw Run. Walked around the park back up to the square. Got me a FITH mug & another SDC shirt.

Even though we were not there but only for a few hours, it was fun! Missed the grandkid not being there, but we decided to do other things the next day since it was just the wife & i. Played 2 games of mini golf, went on a horse trail ride right by the big tower zip line. Went to the 5 & 10 store, tried to go to the Landing, but it was way to busy for us. Went to the Ralph Foster Museum, we enjoyed that! The weather was if'fy, but we never got rained on. The leaves down there are getting that look, give it another week or 2 & it should look really nice!!

Nice to be home now..  :)
Live life like it's the last day!