Author Topic: Progress on new places to eat in Branson  (Read 15588 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Progress on new places to eat in Branson
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:44:41 PM »
The Meatball has arrived at new joint just east of The Titanic "Psghettis"  (spell)

Thanks to Michelle from All Access Branson for picture
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 02:46:50 PM by sanddunerider »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Progress on new places to eat in Branson
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
I will check on the new Cis-Cis and the old T-bones building this weekend... try to get pics and update next week....
\

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 04:32:37 PM »
Why does Branson zoning allow such gaudy ugly things to be built. Hope it's not as bad as that giant chicken.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:51:58 PM »
Why does Branson zoning allow such gaudy ugly things to be built. Hope it's not as bad as that giant chicken.

Unless it shapes up a little and the colors change, it will be WAAY worse than the chicken!

adairmd

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 08:11:23 PM »
The Meatball has arrived at new joint just east of The Titanic "Psghettis"  (spell)

Is that right next to the Starlite?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 08:35:53 PM »

Is that right next to the Starlite?

Yes.  supposed to open this weekend...

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 10:25:24 AM »

You are exactly right - Gawdy and down right embarrassing. 

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 11:06:44 AM »
Link to the article in Sunny Day:

http://sunnydayguide.com/branson/article?edit_id=94

I'll say this:  at least the owners are trying to put themes and unique settings into their properties.  I recognize that the food is not always up to my standards for the price, but I can say the same for most of Branson's restaurants.  I'm glad they are investing in Branson and making the restaurants unique.

Gawdy?  You might say the same for the wax museum, Ripley's, giant banjos, go cart tracks, mini-golf courses, and other places, including some iconic places we've gotten used to through the years.  Such is the tourism industry.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 11:48:35 AM »
Link to the article in Sunny Day:

http://sunnydayguide.com/branson/article?edit_id=94

I'll say this:  at least the owners are trying to put themes and unique settings into their properties.  I recognize that the food is not always up to my standards for the price, but I can say the same for most of Branson's restaurants.  I'm glad they are investing in Branson and making the restaurants unique.

Gawdy?  You might say the same for the wax museum, Ripley's, giant banjos, go cart tracks, mini-golf courses, and other places, including some iconic places we've gotten used to through the years.  Such is the tourism industry.

You are right, but most of the strip has deteriorated to gaudy tourist trap joints. It surely does not make Branson appeal to me anymore. Whatever happened to the Spirit of 76 project? A good set of plans and specifications that developers are held to would go a long ways to clean up the mess they have now.  A master plan.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 05:44:55 PM »
Update:
     Sghettis is supposed to open may 2-3rd... 

Ci-Cis-  Footings, support walls and concrete slab for floor poured,

T-bones-  dumpsters parked outside, workers vehicles sitting around, looks like they are staining the outside.
                   didn't hear about an open date

joshblakebran

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:18:25 PM »
Looking at the article by clicking on the link History Buff posted, I don't see anything so bad about what it will look like. I think it sounds pretty unique and looks cool (of course I know I'm weird). My family will visit it when we are in Branson if it is not too expensive. We are very excited about Ci Ci's. I did not realize Branson was getting one (this is the Ci Ci's pizza buffet correct?). My family loves Ci Ci's.
Colorado SDC Fan

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 09:16:37 PM »
Josh, yes Ci-cis buffet pizza,,,

As far as the meat ball goes.  keep in mind that building is about 3 stories tall.!   it is a big 'shroom!,  but a bigger fork...

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 08:46:58 AM »
I'm not to excited about CiCi's,  I don't go to Branson to eat at a regular chain restaurant that I can get down the street from our house.

I would much rather see a place like Pasgetti's come in, yeah its gawdy from the outside, but the inside looks pretty interesting...six different themed rooms, and its huge. I hope the actual food is good though, but from the reviews I have read of some of the 'soft' openings/trials, people are impressed.
I would rather see this than a Chili's, Applebee's, Olive Garden, etc (while all these are ok places at home, I want something different while on vacation).

Just my 2cents.  :)
You have a great past just ahead of you.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 11:59:31 AM »
Dollar, I agree with you about Ci-Ci's..  how many Pizza joints does 1 town really need..LOL

I will for sure check out Pasghettis at least once..  I am hoping their pricing is too high to justify.

The "chain" business I would like to see is a Roadhouse. Not everybody likes them, but I like the food and the prices aren't bad either..

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 12:25:38 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree about ci cis. It's about like eating cardboard pizza.

We always tend to stay away from all chains when on vacation and enjoy finding hole in the wall and good local gems to eat at.

So isn't this giant meatball a St. Louis based chain? Kind of supries me they hired a chef since it is a local chain. Maybe they are just licensing the name and not the recipes.