Author Topic: Your Ideas For White Water  (Read 18632 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Ideas For White Water
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »
Yes, the blue area is a giant waste of space when it could have held more

That is a fairly big space but you need to consider the terrain.  That is a steep hill.  What appears to be a walkway there is a long flight of stairs.  Although they could use this for something I think the pitch of the land is a challenge.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 11:13:58 PM »
If there is a hill - you flatten it and go on if need be
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2015, 09:44:17 AM »

Pull into that lot and look at the situation.  It could be done but it is not practical.  Half that hill is necessary and heavily utilized.
The grade of the land was purposeful and built with fill for the old tube river slides.  You can scoop away half the hill and invest in a retaining brick company but that may not be cost effective.  There appears to be expansion room on level ground (+/-) on the right side of the wave pool and more space with a little shifting behind the ticket offices.  Because this land is flat it may be easier to build on,  reduce the amount of grading and reduce the project budget.  But you never know with White Water.  It seems to be the fair-haired stepchild of the company in Branson.

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 10:18:06 AM »
I'll miss the Bermuda Triangle--it was our favorite--but dang it did take up some space didn't it.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 03:15:16 PM »

Yep

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »

Or they could just use the hill in the design when they decide to build a slide so they can get some speed.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:15:35 PM by Tmboote »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2015, 02:07:34 PM »
As I have mentioned before, Whitewater will get a bit more comp from the lower end side of things.
It looks like the taxpayer fund aquatic park in Ft. Smith will open on time on Memorial Day. Muni parks are springing up everywhere, this has the little wave pool which differentiates it from the Rogers park and the smaller parks in Alma and Clarksville. Gone are the days of just swimming pools.
http://www.parrotislandwaterpark.com/
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:10:32 PM by chittlins »

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
What do you guys think of the new taco stand at White Water?

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
Why are they not fixing or turning on the Tiki Waterfalls, Water tower, Bamboo sprinklers, and Geysers that they mention on the WW website in the Lazy River? If these are not on, it is very boring, you almost go to sleep because it feels like you are in bed, and takes away from the experience that I should be having. Aren't they trying to exceed people's expectations and make memories worth repeating to get people to keep coming back? The Lazy River should be closed until they fix these, not open. There needs to be water hazards to get you wet and try to avoid so that it makes it fun. This is a water park, not a moving bed. SDC has great Maintenance guys that fix anything broken as soon as possible. Does WW have Maintenance guys too?

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2016, 12:22:21 PM »
We went 2 weeks ago and all of those were working.  Not sure why they are down now.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2016, 02:04:45 PM »
They were working? Maybe my complaining worked... :o
Thank you DianaGail for letting me know that. That makes me super happy!  :D :D :D

Haven't been up there for a month now, but I plan on going this week. I think I was there twice this year, both times in June, 2 weeks apart. They weren't working either time. Glad to hear they are now! Now WW will be my favorite water park by far and their Lazy River will be the best I have been on so far.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:14:42 PM by Laroy »

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 03:37:20 PM »
Drop slides and Kapau Plummet are the only body slides for adults and they are really really short. They should build more body slides and make them longer.

I wish they could expand the park too. 

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 09:26:18 AM »
Dollywood Water Park announced a new 6 Lane Mat Racer like other big water parks have, with a Full Slide to start, then the open racing slide. I wish WW could have something like that and with more lanes. The Mat Racer always has the longest line of any other ride in the park, plus we have to share part of the stairs with the Drop Sliders and there is no rail or white line dividing us. 4 lanes isn't enough, but I know they dont really have room for more at this point. I also wish they had a way to keep people from leaving the mats in line when they see what looks to them as "a long line". The line is not a mat station. The mat station is at the exit. When the mats are in line, people wait at the exit thinking they wont be in line.

Which brings me to next year. Kapau Plummet opened in 2014, so next year it will be 3 years since any kind of new ride. Is it time? I think so. I can see, by looking at the Satellite View, some room where they could put a slide, or they could take out 1 of the old slides and make a new one. The Wave Pool waves are small. I know they want it to be safe but I would like it to be on full. Lifeguards say it is on half power.

Kapau is a great slide but way too short. Wish it could be twice as long. Safari Joes H2O in Tulsa is getting a Yellow Anaconda Trap Door Body Slide, part of the 3 new Reptile Rush slides. Yellow slide will be at least twice as long as Kapau Plummet, but they are only getting 1. I expect a very long line every day during summer once it opens. It is the 1st Trap Door Body Slide in Oklahoma.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 09:28:45 AM by Laroy »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 11:18:28 AM »
If they wanted to, they could pack a ton into the space they have currently at White Water. They only spend as much as they need to. If there was another water park nearby, you'd see White Water double in size pretty quickly. The recent round of upgrades were just enough to keep things going awhile longer. Before too long I think they will either: 1) invest in another round of additions and upgrades to keep the status quo, 2) break the contract and build a new water park closer to SDC, or 3) suffer from competition finally moving in and end up in a building war at the current location.

There are already at least two indoor water parks in Branson in addition to White Water, but with the increased activity in new attraction investment in Branson, I would not be surprised if someone is sniffing around right now looking for an opportunity to build a water park that puts WW to shame.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »
Branson could easily handle a few more mid to large sized indoor parks/resorts.  I welcome it to help bring down the prices at the current places.  I wouldn't be surprised if HFE has looked into building some type of resort themselves to serve both SDC and include maybe an indoor water park.  Closed water centers with hotel guest access only is very appealing to families looking for quick fun vacation get aways.

I know WW isn't a big water park but it is still has millions of dollars of infrastructure and assets.  I just have a hard time believing that HFE could afford to 'move' it or just close it if something else is build.  There is some real estate around the park (probably not owned or leased by HFE)....maybe build that resort by WW?

On another note....anyone else feel guilty when at a water parks like me.....sometimes it hard for me not to think about how hard it is for large parts of the world to get clean water as I float down a lazy river  :-\  #firstworldproblems

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"