Author Topic: Your Ideas For White Water  (Read 18634 times)

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
Re: Your Ideas For White Water
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 02:46:33 PM »
There is some real estate around the park (probably not owned or leased by HFE)....maybe build that resort by WW?

Or just use the old Celebration City site

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 03:30:43 PM »
There is some real estate around the park (probably not owned or leased by HFE)....maybe build that resort by WW?

That is exactly what I have said for years. I do believe it belongs out by SDC just because of the traffic problems and roads cannot handle what they get now.

But, Put it at the old Celebration city site center it around a entertainment district and leave some of the old hills and have some bunny slope skiing inn the winter. The upper part of the old park where OzCat set could easily accommodate the water park and the old lawn area hill could do skiing.

As for infrastructure. Water parks are nothing more than pumps and chutes. Not a high dollar item at all.   

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 05:18:18 PM »

That is exactly what I have said for years. I do believe it belongs out by SDC just because of the traffic problems and roads cannot handle what they get now.

But, Put it at the old Celebration city site center it around a entertainment district and leave some of the old hills and have some bunny slope skiing inn the winter. The upper part of the old park where OzCat set could easily accommodate the water park and the old lawn area hill could do skiing.

As for infrastructure. Water parks are nothing more than pumps and chutes. Not a high dollar item at all.

For 35 million,  someone can build a killer water park.

If I was, and I've said this before, Mr. Bass Pro I'd be building an Outdoor adventure park near my resorts. Year round Snowflex slopes, made made recirculating waterway courses , mountain biking, and rocking climbing facilites.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 09:57:27 AM »
Shave, dont forget about the Branson Rec center too, even though it is outdoors.

HumphreyHawk, WW is big to me. They have filters to clean the water by filtering all the dirt out.

They might build something in the old CC site eventually. They could move WW over there sometime, but that would take who knows how many millions of dollars that HFE probably doesnt have to spend on something like that, and I just dont see that happening even though it would be nice.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 10:00:28 AM by Laroy »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2016, 10:31:16 AM »
Well...I guess the saying is...."Never say never"....to the moving the whole park down the road :)

Ummmm.....I think an unfiltered water park is also called either "the lake, the creek, or the swimming hole"....lol   Where I grew up we had old limestone quarries that where flooded by a diverted creek.  I probably don't want to know what I same in....but I like to think of it as a great way to build up my immune system.

"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2016, 02:43:48 PM »
Well...I guess the saying is...."Never say never"....to the moving the whole park down the road :)

Ummmm.....I think an unfiltered water park is also called either "the lake, the creek, or the swimming hole"....lol   Where I grew up we had old limestone quarries that where flooded by a diverted creek.  I probably don't want to know what I same in....but I like to think of it as a great way to build up my immune system.

I not clear on what you are talking about on unfiltered but this will better explain what I mean:

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
I wish they had less cement everywhere. Also make the changing rooms bigger.