Author Topic: Disneys the Little Mermaid in Branson 2015  (Read 4754 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Disneys the Little Mermaid in Branson 2015
« on: April 27, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »

I was in B-town yesterday and saw the white house theater is going to have the Broadway version of the Little Mermaid for the most of the summer.  Also the pricing is right.
I was looking today the shows are 47.50 for adults but the matinee is always half price.  That's a great deal.  I will support this show in the hopes that they bring more large productions in. 
http://www.broadwayofbranson.com/#schedule-section

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Disneys the Little Mermaid in Branson 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:54:24 PM »
This is what Branson needs more of. Breaks the mold of the Variety shows up and down the strip. Hopefully it will do well.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 05:53:46 PM »

I have never understood why they had not started this already. 
Many shows are costly to move and set up but there are also shows that are very prop light.
You would think stop overs would do well during the season.  The Palace seems especially suited for this.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 10:53:41 AM »
It looks like this show is closing its doors.  Apparently the actress who plays Ursula has been protesting and raising issues of racism, and the owners of the show have had enough.  The actress allegedly has done the same thing in Branson for some time now, likes to boast that she's the first to protest anything in Branson in the name of racism, and is attempting to attract Ferguson protestors to the area.  Owners report on facebook that they have had enough, and it's not worth the stress it has put on their family.  They may have a buyer for the show, but for now they are making refunds for reserved tickets.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:31:16 PM »
Thats too bad, hopefully they get a buyer and get this chick gone.  I hate to think of any of that trashy crap going on in Branson.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 08:33:12 PM »
Most plays have an understudy that takes over if an actor cannot perform. Seems like they should have fired the troublemaker and kept the show going.
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 09:01:51 PM »
I don't know.  It seems her husband or someone was also in the show.  It sounds like they did fire her, but that didn't settle her.  I hope they make it work.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 09:08:14 PM »
I read on the Branson forum early today that there wasn't an understudy for one of the main characters that had an emergency, so they had to cancel the show.  I think it was Sat. night's show.

Here it is...

I got to the theater and at 7:30pm, someone came out on stage and said "The actor that plays the king was in a car accident and we have no understudy. We are canceling the show today".
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 09:12:23 PM by Gilligan »

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »
Show has been shut down. Article about it in Branson Tri-Lakes. Don't count on it reopening.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »
I hate to hear this. My kids were really excited about seeing this in a few weeks. It was a show that actually appealed to them.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 10:13:41 PM »
All the craziness from the Ferguson protesters aside, it sounds like whoever was running this thing didn't really have a clue. Reading through their facebook page there are lots of complaints about how they managed daily specials and reservations. They had to beg people to come at only $11 a ticket, down from the original $45 - which is what you'd expect to pay for a production like this in a typical metro performing arts center.

It sounds like they got an investor, so who knows where it will go from here, but I don't think this has been a positive experience for Branson...

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 05:39:13 AM »
Yes, lots of problems with this production....from owner, to Producer, and director..
Financial obligations were not being met..
Favoritism,
Too bad, the actors all seem to love doing the show, in fact they were doing so, without receiving their deserved paychecks..
 (Although at this time the owner claims to have paid all past wages that were due).

I heard several good things about the show itself, and the kids seem to love it.. would have been nice to work out for all..

I think this would have been a good add to the Branson shows selection, yes too pricey, BUT it was over a 2 hour production, So 45.00 is a little high, but 25-30 would have been competitive with the market..

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2015, 10:40:23 AM »
Yes, lots of problems with this production....from owner, to Producer, and director..
Financial obligations were not being met..
Favoritism,
Too bad, the actors all seem to love doing the show, in fact they were doing so, without receiving their deserved paychecks..
 (Although at this time the owner claims to have paid all past wages that were due).

I heard several good things about the show itself, and the kids seem to love it.. would have been nice to work out for all..

I think this would have been a good add to the Branson shows selection, yes too pricey, BUT it was over a 2 hour production, So 45.00 is a little high, but 25-30 would have been competitive with the market..

These kind of shows can be a success but as with all things, proper management and financing needed for proper promotion.

Like I've said, a theater attached to an above average hotel with a very nice indoor/outdoor pool  where packaged stays could be promoted would be the best set up. Of course,  I say the same thing about a hotel with a arena designed for 3,000 to 4,000 that would bring in many of your traveling shows like Ringling, Disney Ice and Nick along with some mid level music acts and other things