Author Topic: Should SDC look into this as an addition to a festival?  (Read 3439 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Should SDC look into this as an addition to a festival?
« on: April 28, 2015, 08:34:59 AM »
Readying this article this morning I have always thought SDC was missing the boat here.  What are your thoughts.  Would a plan like this encourage you to spend more per person in food?  I myself knowing that the meals run around $9,  if they ran tastes at $4 and trim down the " half portion by a touch I think this would work.  I they sold a $10 card and the tastes were $4 and the desserts samples were $2 then they could sell $10 passes for 2 tastes and a dessert.  I would be willing to try this out.  Thoughts?

http://micechat.com/100409-2015-taste-carolinas-carowinds/

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
Re: Should SDC look into this as an addition to a festival?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:15:28 AM »
That is a great idea- minus the beer and wine at SDC of course!  :D It would work well with World Fest and Bluegrass/BBQ.  Thanks for posting that.
I'm Your Huckleberry

ithai

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 11:23:24 AM »
That would be a cool idea. There are many tastes from this area that could be represented as well.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »
I know factually I would spend more for food if I were given this opportunity.  I would like as a " event",  " The Taste of the City" 
Maybe do this with the crafts festival since there are so many adults there.
I know there are many things I would like to try but the cost for them makes it prohibitive to just walk around buying $9 bowls of skillet meals,  Thats not something that my pocket book or my stomach needs.  lol.  I think this is a good idea for a special event or weekend.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:05:55 AM by mhguy77 »

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 04:14:17 PM »
I know factually I would spend more for food if I were given this opportunity.  I would like as a " event",  " The Taste of the City" 
Something that would only occur as a special and maybe do this with the crafts festival since there are so many adults there.
I know there are many things I would like to try but the cost for them is cost prohibitive to just walk around buying $9 bowls of skillet meals is not something that my pocket book or my stomach needs.  lol.  I think a good idea for a special event or weekend.

Or maybe as a special a few times each season for pass holders!

busymom4kc

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
It's a fantastic idea. As we get older we don't eat as much. Would like it especially during festivals. Hubby and I have talked about something like this before.  ;D

Readying this article this morning I have always thought SDC was missing the boat here.  What are your thoughts.  Would a plan like this encourage you to spend more per person in food?  I myself knowing that the meals run around $9,  if they ran tastes at $4 and trim down the " half portion by a touch I think this would work.  I they sold a $10 card and the tastes were $4 and the desserts samples were $2 then they could sell $10 passes for 2 tastes and a dessert.  I would be willing to try this out.  Thoughts?

http://micechat.com/100409-2015-taste-carolinas-carowinds/
The memories made at Silver Dollar City last a lifetime.
Pass them on to the ones you love!
In the fall the leaves turn red and gold; that must mean God is a CHIEFS fan.

qwed94

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »
here in downtown STL. we have a "taste of St louis" event every year. They have many vendors, and lots of musical entertainment. It is always a blowout event. (Of course SDC has/is its own entertainment) but a taste test "sort" of festival, would likely be a huge success
Tim
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream
then I am living the dream