What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 219060 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #495 on: May 27, 2016, 11:33:42 PM »
And since we're back to pushing around ideas, what about the indoor/outdoor G-fighter concept, aka Mystery Mine? That would make so much sense for this location as it could be screened from EH and fit in nicely with TNT.

There was a ton of talk about them almost pulling the trigger on getting one back in 2007 and 2008. I know MM at DW has lower capacity and some mixed reviews, but I really loved it and I think an improved version would be awesome for SDC.

I was thinking the same thing.  A large structure could have a facade that could make a nice background for EH, block parking lots and back stage areas.

I just wonder about having two mine trains if that's the direction this goes.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #496 on: May 28, 2016, 12:26:27 AM »
OR the designer is from Germany (as is Werner Stengel).  He's done a lot of work for different companies and was responsible for Millennium Force, Mystery Mine, Maverick among others. 
SWOOSH

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #497 on: May 28, 2016, 12:31:42 AM »
Come to think of it the WB structure would be a great candidate to be repurposed as a coaster station or enclosed as a ride element for a Mystery Mine type ride. I would dare to speculate a smaller dive coaster could fit in there and around the general area that the WB used to take up but that would be pushing it on real estate space with the addition of FL.

EDIT: This should probably be moved to the future attraction idea thread. Admin can decide if needed.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:01:14 AM by sdcfan88 »

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: May 28, 2016, 07:03:44 AM »
While I could really get into a totally immersive themed coaster like Mystery Mine. I really had my mind set on a total thrill B&M. Of all the new speculation though I would really like to see what RMC could do with the TREX track.
Anything but a spinner.
I guess you could say this is really getting to be a roller coaster ride of speculation.

Grapeslie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: May 28, 2016, 09:41:37 AM »
lol I will actually be disappointed if it is NOT a B&M. If they are gonna do another big coaster, they need to build on the long term success of WF. A reliable and smooth ride with high capacity. Plus it would be a nice balance to the park with two similar but different coasters on opposite sides of the park.

(granted I may be a little bias since WF is still my long standing favorite ride there)

Also I think HFEC will be shying away from RMC for a while after the Lightning Rod debacle.

Herschend has nothing but love with RMC! RMC did just fine the issue was the subcontractor for the launch system! In fact RMC was ahead of schedule with construction! Luckily the new launch company is amazing and have done a fantastic job!
The Scariest Part Of The Ride Is The Lift Hill!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: May 28, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »
While I could really get into a totally immersive themed coaster like Mystery Mine. I really had my mind set on a total thrill B&M. Of all the new speculation though I would really like to see what RMC could do with the TREX track.
Anything but a spinner.
I guess you could say this is really getting to be a roller coaster ride of speculation.

A spinner is definitely on their mind based on the survey sent out yesterday.

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: May 28, 2016, 12:08:03 PM »
Keep in mind that inclusion in the survey(s) could also be nothing more than filler, or a flat out decoy to steer speculation or "demand" in the direction the PTB may already have been married to from the get go. Whatever is going in now, was decided on quite a while ago and although tweaks may still be possible or even necessary, you can bet that the manufacturer, type and theme of this thing is already etched in stone.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 10:26:22 PM by BackInTime9 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: May 28, 2016, 10:39:50 PM »
One sounds like either a Gerstlauer or Mack and the other with a train is a Mack. They are the only ones with  multiple cars.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #503 on: May 29, 2016, 02:07:43 AM »
We're getting a new train too?.....lol

Slightly off topic, but I thought I would bump this post with this quote from a few pages back which amused me. lol

At least this part of the 2017 thread has come to pass thus far, even though it WAS meant as a joke.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 02:10:33 AM by sdcfan88 »

oldsdcer

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: May 29, 2016, 02:23:07 PM »
this more likely way off from what every one who is in the know knows but could this be an extension of TNT to the orginal concept of multiple tunnels and length of the track, always liked that idea.
SDC has always made a great past to remember

BackInTime

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 30, 2016, 09:31:19 PM »
How do we not have enough people on or visiting this forum to give us at minimum an update every weekend? There had to have been some progress from mid last week until now?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #506 on: May 31, 2016, 12:14:13 AM »
Sorry, I was in the Twin Cities this weekend.
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 31, 2016, 01:07:02 AM »
Petrified Forrest, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Mesa Verde myself. Nothin' like doing these with sunny and mid 70s weather.

A Navaho Code Talker spoke at our hotel this morning.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 31, 2016, 09:26:40 AM »
Last Wednesday I saw the flags and a trail they made going around the EH bathrooms, orange paint making a trail going down the hill behind the TNT station, and a big, very long trailer on a big bed of gravel in the clearing on the left side of TNT hill. Also saw the "service road" construction as I drove on Indian Point Road. It came right out at me, making me move to the left lane. Couldnt stop to take pictures then but I was planning on it. I just didnt plan on them having cones in the right lane, so I took pictures at 2:00 as I left, when they moved the cones, and looked like they were done working. I took the pics from 2 places on the road and posted them in the trip reviews.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 09:27:27 AM by Laroy »

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 31, 2016, 06:36:23 PM »
I was there Saturday through today.  Not much progress on construction obviously over the weekend but they were at it hard today.  At 830 I was first on thunderation and they already had a front end loader almost up against the track after the tunnel but before you go into the lift hill.  By 1030 it appears as if they are constructing a wall there of some sort and there is tons of activity going on around it.  I spoke with as many employees as I could about it and all have something different to tell.  I was told that the ride has been pushed back and that it won't open till 2018, that it's going to be a German coaster with 7 inversions that will break records, but most employees said they knew something was coming but they didn't know what or when.  I don't think any know anymore than most of us lol.  But one thing is for sure something is coming and they are working hard and fast.