What color of crayon tastes the best?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Other

Author Topic: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 217308 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: SDC's 2017 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #510 on: May 31, 2016, 09:49:29 PM »
So when the whole German company thing comes up, this might be it.  Apparently this company does most of the designing for B&M and actually designed WildFire
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #511 on: May 31, 2016, 09:57:42 PM »
I was there Saturday through today.  Not much progress on construction obviously over the weekend but they were at it hard today.  At 830 I was first on thunderation and they already had a front end loader almost up against the track after the tunnel but before you go into the lift hill.  By 1030 it appears as if they are constructing a wall there of some sort and there is tons of activity going on around it.  I spoke with as many employees as I could about it and all have something different to tell.  I was told that the ride has been pushed back and that it won't open till 2018, that it's going to be a German coaster with 7 inversions that will break records, but most employees said they knew something was coming but they didn't know what or when.  I don't think any know anymore than most of us lol.  But one thing is for sure something is coming and they are working hard and fast.

Well I don't think they would be moving so fast if it wasn't opening until 2018.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 31, 2016, 10:00:51 PM »
So when the whole German company thing comes up, this might be it.  Apparently this company does most of the designing for B&M and actually designed WildFire

I'll be in Munich in September. MAybe knock on the door and ask 😜

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 31, 2016, 10:25:17 PM »
Crazy how fast this is all heating up but I love it! I am really hoping for an indoor coaster here like I have wanted for years. Or at least a ride that goes in and out of tunnels or "Ozark caves."

I'm going to really enjoy all the speculation this summer.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #514 on: May 31, 2016, 10:38:41 PM »
I think 2017 is still plausible for a coaster installation. A B&M can be erected a lot faster than a RMC Woodie. I don't think we should be judging the construction timetable from the Outlaw Run construction. Anyone know how long it took for them to build Wildfire? I vaguely remember it but IIRC they started clearing out the hill in August and had it open by the following spring. I do vividly remember how huge it's debut was for the park.

Bottom line, everything is right on track.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:27:27 AM by sdcfan88 »

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #515 on: June 01, 2016, 01:07:33 AM »

And to add to this, Wildfire is listed here on page 23.

http://rcdb.com/r.htm?ot=2&co=6857&page=23

RCDB profile for Wildfire: http://rcdb.com/720.htm
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 01:14:48 AM by sdcfan88 »

Madtwins

• Jr. Citizen
  • My 3G network
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 01, 2016, 07:12:32 AM »
Yeah the way they're working I find it hard to believe that they aren't opening a ride in 2017. 

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 01, 2016, 10:17:12 AM »
Well...Capital dollars are currently being spent for something.....business logic would conclude that they wouldn't start to spend the money without a plan to start getting ROI on it ASAP.  I think there is plenty of time to get it ready for next season.

I'm starting to wonder when they are going to start the marketing program.  I'm guessing it will be late summer or early fall to try to get the most buys for this years season passes before announcing the new ride for next year.  Guess it kind of also depends on how much of the general public start to notes the construction work.

I also found it interesting that TnT got the picture on the drink cups this year.....made me at least for a moment.....worry about its future?  Though I can't image it being closed or 'replaced' unless it has some type of mechanical or ADA issues that we don't know about.
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #518 on: June 01, 2016, 10:51:05 AM »
There are several different mugs for this year.  TNT is just one of the four (?) that are out
SWOOSH

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 01, 2016, 11:42:01 AM »
There are several different mugs for this year.  TNT is just one of the four (?) that are out

Yeah, they're doing four different mugs. I've got Wildfire mugs from when I visited earlier this year. TNT and LROTO are the two others I can remember that they'll be doing. Not sure about the fourth one.

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 01, 2016, 05:35:09 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and apologize here if it's already been covered but I'm not going to go through all these pages to find it (Yes, I'm lazy).  When the pictures came up of what seems to be the new coaster coming up, it's aweful close to Thunderation.  Please, please tell  me they are not getting rid of tnt.  What's the word?

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #521 on: June 01, 2016, 05:53:57 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and apologize here if it's already been covered but I'm not going to go through all these pages to find it (Yes, I'm lazy).  When the pictures came up of what seems to be the new coaster coming up, it's aweful close to Thunderation.  Please, please tell  me they are not getting rid of tnt.  What's the word?

I don't think they'll get rid of TNT, t-n-t. I feel it would be stupid to remove a coaster when they add another one. I think that the new coaster will just "interact" with TNT. Also, they probably wouldn't have replaced the entrance ark if they were going to get rid of the ride.

Dewayne

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 01, 2016, 08:02:54 PM »
I'm starting to wonder when they are going to start the marketing program.  I'm guessing it will be late summer or early fall to try to get the most buys for this years season passes before announcing the new ride for next year.  Guess it kind of also depends on how much of the general public start to notes the construction work.

I heard someone will announce what will replace World Fest for next year, by around August or September. I bring this up because I think they will also announce by this time what the new ride or rides/upgrades will be for next year. I think the new festival will somehow tie in with these new rides. Also, they revealed info about FL when they started taking down GG in August of 2014.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 08:04:07 PM by Laroy »

t-n-t

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 01, 2016, 08:35:28 PM »

I heard someone will announce what will replace World Fest for next year, by around August or September. I bring this up because I think they will also announce by this time what the new ride or rides/upgrades will be for next year. I think the new festival will somehow tie in with these new rides. Also, they revealed info about FL when they started taking down GG in August of 2014.

Good points.  I hope they don't.  My wife may never go back again if they took out tnt.  I'm excited to see what it could be.  Is it in a big enough area to be a big coaster, ala Wildfire?  I can't really judge the width and distance in pictures.  I'll try to scope it out on Saturday.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #524 on: June 01, 2016, 09:25:32 PM »
^There's been no indication that TNT will be taken out, as they have done some work on it and around it recently to maintain things. They wouldn't remove it unless it was getting too costly to maintain since it's still a reasonably young ride. S&S Sansei is still around so parts can't be hard to come by yet.

There is enough land here for anything to fit if they want it to.