Author Topic: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16  (Read 27773 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: New survey about Rodeo attraction or Mining attraction 5/27/16
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2016, 08:49:40 AM »
The new lap bar only Eurofighter (Infinity) trains have helped with the head banging.  But we won't get a MM ride.  The project was scrapped
Thats a good thing, I enjoyed the ride as I believe you did when you reported on it but it shortened your day with the headache that came with it.  They could do something similar but learn from the mistakes at DW.  Theme+Coaster+no head banging= Fun Times

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2016, 08:52:04 AM »
If you sit in the front row middle two seats the head banging is minimal. If you sit in the back row, forget it. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2016, 11:13:40 AM »
They might no go the G-fighter route, but there are plenty of ways to do something in the same vein as MM. Mack and Zierer make similar rides, plus there's always a B&M dive coaster. Hopefully this spinning coaster concept won't be the last time they look at mostly enclosing a coaster.

Here's a look at Tornado at Bakken, which is the only custom spinning coaster that flies in and out of a building that I can think of off the top of my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLtkX5PvXVQ

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2016, 11:37:02 AM »
^Yawn.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2016, 06:22:40 PM »
It's interesting to me that in the Buffalo Bill concept the ride is compared to riding a bull.  In the original concept for Outlaw Run the coaster was proposed that the ride would be compared to riding a bull.  I think they're going to get us on a bull one way or the other  ;D

I'm Your Huckleberry

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2016, 07:03:37 PM »
They could replace the Elephant ride with Bulls I suppose.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2016, 09:09:21 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqbRsCduGk
interesting video I think Shave said he couldnt think of another spinning coaster.
This would fit in many ways.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2016, 01:16:16 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqbRsCduGk
interesting video I think Shave said he couldnt think of another spinning coaster.
This would fit in many ways.

Isn't that a slightly modified Mauer Shone stock model with Disney theming.

Here's a Gerstlauer in Japan with a.barrel roll
https://youtu.be/hLaqW0IWK8M

There's the two track Mack spinner at Phantasialand as well

Here's an attachment for a Mack spinner for an indoor Chinese park, it was to be mostly enclosed in a.mountain by it's opening.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 10:10:07 AM by chittlins »

Hollwood

« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2016, 07:11:50 PM »
Which is why I said Intamin COASTERS

Let me elaborate... The Lost River was built in house by SDC. At the time Intamin had the market on River Rapid Rides but the Herschends knew they could create their own cheaper. This is why you don't see Intamin anything built at a HFE property... They won't do business because of the Lost River.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2016, 08:20:07 PM »

Let me elaborate... The Lost River was built in house by SDC. At the time Intamin had the market on River Rapid Rides but the Herschends knew they could create their own cheaper. This is why you don't see Intamin anything built at a HFE property... They won't do business because of the Lost River.

I call BS.  Any company will work for any park if the price is right
SWOOSH

Tmboote

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
    • Midwest Theme Parks
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2016, 09:50:30 PM »

I was thinking that Lost River wasn't built by Intamin since it isn't listed on the Intamin ride list on Wikipedia.  I was just thinking that maybe it was an error on Wikipedia.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2016, 09:59:16 PM »

I was thinking that Lost River wasn't built by Intamin since it isn't listed on the Intamin ride list on Wikipedia.  I was just thinking that maybe it was an error on Wikipedia.

I remember the press release back then saying they had designed and built it themselves.  Now obviously the boats had to come from a outside vendor.

Junior, too!

• Cave Guide
  • Employed at SDC from 1978 thru 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2016, 03:36:18 PM »
I'd prefer more of a mine theme. However, in the early 60s, SDC had a heavy old west theme, which was in response to the western popularity then in film and TV. Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and so on. Gabby Hayes visited SDC for a personal appearance, others, too. By mid to late 60s, the Ozark mountain theme was more pronounced. Anyway, I will have to be a bystander on this attraction...spinning does not thrill me...I will have a fresh frozen lemonaide while the grandkids ride, lol!
"Abandon ship! Women and Juniors first!"

Clint F

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I visit Silver Dollar City every other weekend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2016, 08:14:56 PM »
I just finished the survey tonight and there are 3 concepts.  Of those 3, I like the Mine one the best.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:19:11 PM by Clint F »
I Love SDC!

mhguy77@yahoo.com

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2016, 07:50:43 AM »
Anyway, I will have to be a bystander on this attraction...spinning does not thrill me...

Not everything is built for adults and I understand that but this shuts a lot of people out.  I may skip the passes for the opening year, I am not  excited about any of this at all.  To be honest I am disappointed in their lack of originality.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 07:53:55 AM by mhguy77@yahoo.com »