Author Topic: Bigfoot is Growing  (Read 11477 times)

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Bigfoot is Growing
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2017, 10:42:50 PM »
Although I just looked at your photos again dune and it looks like there is a track on one side of the tower? Could be an Intamin tower instead of S&S... That would more closely match the original concept and it would leave the other side for the slingshot contraption.

That would be even better since Intamin drop towers are a lot more forceful.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2017, 07:37:09 AM »
Although I just looked at your photos again dune and it looks like there is a track on one side of the tower? Could be an Intamin tower instead of S&S... That would more closely match the original concept and it would leave the other side for the slingshot contraption.

That would be even better since Intamin drop towers are a lot more forceful.

Shave, I dont have any idea about the pipes on the side of structure.. i am not as well versed on that stuff as you, swoosh and the others..  At this pipe those colored "pipes" confuse me.   LOL.   just waiting for more parts, it will make sense later.

With the slingshot being separate, that explains those 2 other large tall pole west of main structure, But they appear to be wood? not steel?..

Also look at picture number 12, just above the green mini excavator,  another small structure.. they were working on this the other day, appeared to steel, but looked like rebar, which would indicate concrete structure?

Also notice, same picture, lower right hand corner. That is a NEW concret building of some kind, pretty long, maybe 9 feet high, with concrete roof..??  ideas??

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 12:17:00 PM »
I'm more excited about the food truck court. Hope its YUMMMMMY. :)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 06:46:31 PM »
I was going to say that maybe this is only part of the tower, but this news article that I just found seems to indirectly state that they changed the plans around and now this attraction is just a standard S&S tower:
http://www.ozarksfirst.com/news/first-sighting-of-bigfoot-on-the-strip/659532801

Reading between the lines, it sounds like the slingshot ride will now be on it's own independent tower apparatus. The glass elevator seems to have been written off.

That makes much more sense compared to what I was seeing.  I just couldn't figure out how the concept was going to work with what they were installing.  Thanks for clarifying that.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 06:26:42 PM »
So?  here is some info and pics....
*I talked to Mike Haygood over the weekend, there are actually 3 or 4 more sections going vertical on the shot tower. I believe he will be adding some persoanl touch to the lighting part of this. If he does it will be awesome.
*the concrete up close to the fence? mini-golf..
*Have some wire figures going in on the west side.. i would guess will be covered with concrete or somethig to make the "bigfoot" ..
*notice building going up, looks like they are hillbilly shacks, leading somewhere? maybe to the new "slingshot" ride..
*the old strip mall has been completely reworked inside, with new jhallways and rooms, sheetrock and paint.
*i will be back in 3 weeks to get more pics of tower, It should make much more sense in the design then..

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10210957284399596.1073741937.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=22

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
My whole family was in agreement that the Tracks with the wheel needs a woody or a compact steel coadter like a euro fighter and star flyer about twice the height of the wheel with a lighting package that synced with the wheel.

The  Switchback coaster in Seguin would  be a perfect type.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2017, 04:10:58 PM »
I think The Tracks should model what Fun Spot America - Orlando has done.  The White Lightning would be a great model to copy for the park.  Personally I think they should consolidate the three parks into one (with the one being the one with the Branson Wheel).  I think they'd have a lot more drawing power that way... but with the Lumberjack and the Wild Woody being at two different locations I'm not sure how that could work.  I'm sure they would not have issue selling those parcels of land if they wanted to consolidate.

SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
I'm right there with you on this, maybe two locations. The wheel location has the bumper cars

I suggested switchback because  the track is narrow, allows to get around the space a turn/helix to return to the station takes as the return is on the same and the small trains.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
So I did some thinking and looking at Google Earth maps - I think they should just go ahead and consolidate.  It would be easy enough to build another high rise track at the site and some other smaller tracks.  The other sites really do not have that many attractions to be relocated - and Kids Kountry would be easy enough to move.  It just makes sense to me.

Now what does not make sense is this whole Bigfoot project. 
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 12:43:14 PM »
I'm wondering if the mini golf course will take the place of the food truck stand idea? It's sure tough to figure out what the final scope of this project is, but I'm just glad the drop tower has remained a constant part of it. Adding a light package will be icing on the cake.

I think a Fun Spot style park is inevitable for Branson at this rate. With developments like this taking up the easier pieces of the market, it puts pressure on the next batch of entrepreneurs to up their game. We already have two mountain coasters, a dark ride, a Ferris wheel, bungee rides, a kiddie park, 2 indoor water parks, every kind of go kart track, etc, etc. Next step is an actual coaster on the strip.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »
I also am wondering what the concrete bunker on the west side of the lot is for?  it is ALL concrete.   Also there is no indication of food/concessions in the strip mall building yet..  So the food truck think may still be on...

Also remember,  IF i have my info right.. same owners of Bigfoot, is the new mountain coaster..  IF not same owners, the builder is affiliated with both projects..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2017, 09:17:01 PM »
Also remember,  IF i have my info right.. same owners of Bigfoot, is the new mountain coaster..  IF not same owners, the builder is affiliated with both projects..

If that is the case - then why the heck are they not building these things in the same area?  That's insane. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 08:55:05 AM »

If that is the case - then why the heck are they not building these things in the same area?  That's insane. 
[/quote]

LOL.. Thats only part of it Swoosh, as you probably know, this is also the same group that will be adding the 3 or 4 attractions at THe Landing..  I forget the list now, but it was announced a month or so ago.. I know an arcade was one of them..

I know they acquired the bigfoot location and the mountain coaster location at different times, by several months..,

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 03:44:28 PM »
They would be a good position to, say, link their attractions with yet another - like maybe a monorail or ski lift ride - somewhere in the future if they chose to.  Their leverage to do so could be done in partnership with the city.  But that's just thinkin' on my part.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2017, 09:51:21 AM »
Pics from the Bigfoot project, taken weekend of 4-27-17.    Michael Haygood has done another amazing LED light add-on to this project.  No pictures, But it can be seen at night and is very nice.! of course...
Swoosh, Shave, if you want to us pics, please do...

This is a FB link, you will need to be signed onto FB to see pics...

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10211288473479116.1073741938.1578260143&type=3&uploaded=27