Author Topic: Lost Silver Mine Drama  (Read 24497 times)

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Silver Mine Drama
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2011, 11:36:47 PM »
You may want to wander down to the wooded area behind Branson West Wal-Mart and take a look around. I thought RUBE had mentioned some time ago that the property was being redeveloped. When I last passed through the area a month and a half ago everything looked like it always has to me, but I didn't take an up close look at things. Remember, it's private property so don't go places you are not supposed to, and if you do, be careful around old structures that have not been properly maintained for decades. Don't get hurt, and don't get thrown in jail!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page. Just let me know you're from SDC fans
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 08:10:17 PM »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 09:26:39 PM »
Nice bench...where was that located?

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 07:14:02 AM »
Maybe this should be a "Where in Branson" pic.  ;D It's in front of the office at Compton Ridge. I already mentioned it
here or I would have pm'd you to see if you wanted to use it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:20:59 AM by thelarsonsix »
"He takes a log, then he just cuts away everything that don't look like an injun" - Jed Clampett

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 03:11:11 PM »
Thelarsonsix: How recent is the photo of the bench? If that is still in commission today it's in pretty good shape!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 03:21:17 PM »
However the last weekend was in March 2010! I am unsure if it still accessible. I was going to go back there in July...but just plumb ran out of time!

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »
Thelarsonsix: How recent is the photo of the bench? If that is still in commission today it's in pretty good shape!

Junior,

I took that about two weeks ago. It's very much still in commission! I've seen that a thousand times on all our trips there and never realized what it was until I read about it on this forum. I've got pictures of my teenagers sitting on it before they were in kindergarten. That bench sits outside in front of the office. It's probably been there 20 years or more. I've personally seen it there in the same spot for the last 12. Don't know what kind of paint they used on it, but like you said it's sure holding up well!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:30:35 PM by thelarsonsix »

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
hey larson i know for a fact that bench has been there since the 80's i can remember sitting there with my grandpa early morning having coffee. Wow thanks for sharing.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 06:49:09 PM »
That bench apparently has been tucked under the porch there all these years! WOW. Here is something for all of you to look out for: the old style brochure racks that have the picture of Old Matt's Cabin on it, with the words "Complements of The Shepherd of the Hills Farm." I guess SDC has a brochure service that distributes whole racks and updates the brochures several times per year. Here in NW Arkansas you find the modern racks at Wendy's locations and at the Harps food stores.

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 08:54:56 PM »
If that went up for auction.....(I am picturing antiques roadshow branson edition!) I'd buy!!!

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 10:16:39 AM »
If that went up for auction.....(I am picturing antiques roadshow branson edition!) I'd buy!!!

You’d have to beat me too it first! ;D

I’m just teasing. However, I am still convinced you should open a museum with all of your artifacts.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 10:25:30 AM »
Rube: I still remember your plans to do a book featuring all the stuff you have. I still want to be #1 on the list to buy a copy. Keep working on that project!

Avalanche04

• Jr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
i will be second in line.

thelarsonsix

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 05:57:19 PM »
I believe finders get first dibbs don't they? :D

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Junior believe me...you'll be first to know! I still owe you from my box-o-goodies! I have not touched it in a few months, however I was thinking about it today, along with a few other projects on pause! I just need about 3 months straight of no other duties, and I'd get a huge amount done! My summer this year was leess than 2 months, after family trips, school training, camps etc, I had my 3 weeks of summer, and that was dedicated to plenty on the honey-do list. I am going to need to prioritize my life soon though to get these things going again. I still have some legality issues to look into...but that is easy compared to the collecting, and organizing which is done, the rough draft is complete...I just need to finalize it all!