Author Topic: Celebration City Developments  (Read 128506 times)

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
Re: Celebration City Developments
« Reply #225 on: February 29, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Celebration City is turning more into a parking lot everyday! I’m just teasing. However, it is interesting to note just how many of the attractions are sold, and then gone. I think that land is just the Bermuda Triangle of Branson.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 29, 2012, 06:09:59 PM »
It does seem to be a "dead" zone.   LOL ???

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 07, 2012, 11:57:08 PM »
I am probably the lone voice of dissent (as usual) but I hope the Supersplash does not come to SDC.  What a pointless ride.  I would rather just have someone throw a bucket of water at me.

I always wondered why they spent so much money on that ride.  Did they really think that ride was the answer? 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #228 on: March 08, 2012, 12:32:24 AM »
Yeah... $2 million was a lot to spend, but a lot of that was on the area itself I think. They had to knock down a building, and then they added quite a large pond with a waterfall and rock work and some spitting fountains and what-not. The ride itself wasn't a terrible choice - these rides were quite popular and can be found at most major amusement parks. It was short and pointless, but CC was more of an amusement park anyway... it was a lot better than the Reverchon log flume.

Closing down the park after adding such a big ride did raise questions for me as well though. You'd think they would have given it one more year to get their money's back. Maybe the ticket sales were down more than we thought.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 08, 2012, 08:43:19 AM »
Supersplash? Are we talking about Roaring Falls? I always felt there was a lot of hype to it with not as much pay off. Didn't they already have another log flume ride before adding Roaring Falls called Shoot-D-Chute? My memory on Celebration City is foggy at this point as I only visited once. ;) Either way, I think it was a last ditch effort to bring in more attendance, but it just didn't happen.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 08:47:39 AM by Ozark BBQ »

StaceySue

• Cave Guide
  • Avid Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:39 PM »
Well, Shave, I suppose someone out there likes the ride or parks wouldn't have them.  Of course, I hated Riverblast from the first time I rode it, so I am not in with the popular crowd.   ;)

MissinTheGreenTrams

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 08, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
I love riverblast! I can sit get soaked and my kid expends energy squirting other boats and targets. I hate the squirting mechinism though. What a pain in the butt. But I rest and get cooled off so its a good trade off.
The smell of asphalt and butane says home!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 08, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2012, 05:41:25 PM »
those are some classic videos chittlins, i watched most of them.  thanks

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2012, 09:01:32 PM »
I wish Ozark Wildcat would find itself back up and running somehow, some way. Wish it would find itself down to Magic Springs along with another relocated woodie I once rode at Boardwalk and Baseball.

IASTClone

• View Profile
Another ride coming down
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »
This is the small coaster that was in the NW corner of the park.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2012, 03:49:15 PM »
Thanks for the photo!
I'm surprised it's not on it's way to colorado already. At least it doesn't take long to take down or set up.

Without OzCat being there now you'd almost never know there was an amusement park there. Let us know if the shot tower or Roaring Falls ever come down

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2012, 04:17:14 PM »
Interesting snap shot! It's a bit sad in a way, but I am glad to know that it is going to a new home where it will be operational, and enjoyed. :)

chittlins

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 13, 2012, 09:11:58 AM »
I still think a mixed use, no admission development with amovie theater with stadium seating and lounge area at the top like AMCs KC has, a bowling alley with a large area for kids(kid sized lanes not just bumpers) and some eateries like cold stone and such with a few more rides that are a la carte/wristband would be a way to make the area go.