Author Topic: SDC Tattoo  (Read 5904 times)

How-doFolks

• Craftsman
  • Dirt racin' is our Life.
    • View Profile
SDC Tattoo
« on: July 04, 2010, 03:19:31 AM »
Another 2 part'r....
If ya was gunna get 1, what would ya get..? And where?

The ol'school log & axe on my back.

Live life like it's the last day!

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Tattoo
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 08:40:58 AM »
I SAY NO WAY..... 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2010, 11:48:45 AM »
I have 2 Christian tattoos, some might think that it is an oxymoron to have a tattoo, and be a Christian. My faith, I believe does not frown upon those things.....I have thought about SDC and body art many times. I could see the wilderness church done in a realistic, yet watercolor way on someones side, or calf. The blacksmith forge, Wildfire silhouette, or heck even a funnel cake!  If I did get one, I would get either the iconic log and axe in full color, a simple silhouette of the log and axe, or the city square scene illustration from one of my earliest marvel cave park brochures.

I have gone back and forth on this one. Not that I would not want SDC to be a part of me, but it already is, I don't need to advertise for them. I am also an artist, and I would constantly be critiquing it and thinking, oh I should have gotten....(insert idea).....instead. I don't know

My pa always said "you can get whatever you want, but it cannot be above the neck, or below the elbows". He and ma each have 1 tattoo, and I went with one or the other of them each time I got mine.

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »
I say no to tattoo...but to each his/her own...Young folks in good shape will some day be in the 40's and 50's and older, wiser, and wrinkled...then those tattoos don't always look so good any more. More power to ya if ya want one, though...
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 01:44:55 PM »
I have other things to spend my money on.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

maddilives4him

• Hatfield
  • Perserving the past!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 02:54:19 PM »
I've always wanted to get a tattoo about the size of a quarter and put it on my ankel. The tattoo would either be a dove or a cross. :)
"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but be an example to others in your speech, love, life, faithfulness, and purity."
                           - 1 Timothy 4:12

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 01:20:31 AM »
I saw a guy at the City today with tattoos all over his visible body.  His face and nose even.  I had to keep walking by him so as not to stare.  It was similar to the third picture down at this site:  http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/top-20-outrageous-facial-tattoos.html

"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

orient express

• Jr. Citizen
  • here's a barrel of laughs hahahahaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 06:39:30 AM »
i have been planning on getting the classic axe logo on the underside of my arm. idk if i will ever get around to it though

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 07:47:43 PM »
I had some free time today, and this made me think about it soo much so......

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:04:40 PM by rubedugans »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 10:35:00 PM »
I saw a guy at the City today with tattoos all over his visible body.  His face and nose even.  I had to keep walking by him so as not to stare.  It was similar to the third picture down at this site:  http://mag.rankmytattoos.com/top-20-outrageous-facial-tattoos.html

How does the park handle tattoos like that? What if the tattoos were vulgar or suggestive? Would SDC show them the exit, with it being a family oriented theme park? I've never seen someone at the park with vulgar tattoos but I have seen people with shirts that I felt weren't appropriate for a family theme park.

I had some free time today, and this made me think about it soo much so......

Nice.  :D
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

rubedugans

• Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • Resident Archivist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 11:05:34 PM »
Wow...did I kill the thread....did I take it too far?

Junior

• Master Craftsman
  • SDC "citizen" from 1978-1984.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »
You gotta be hardcore to get a tattoo of a logo of a company!
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »
Coaster,
They would not refuse entrance to someone with such a tattoo, but they would probably ask them to keep it covered.  Same policy as asking women wearing only bikini tops to wear additional outer apparel.  (A policy which takes away from the natural beauty of the park, IMO) (JUST KIDDING!)  They obviously let the fellow I saw onto the park, but then, there was nothing "vulgar" on his tattooed face.  It just looked odd.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"