Silver Dollar City will debut a new festival on April 6, 2017 to replace the former World Fest. The new Festival of Wonder will focus on amazing and exciting performances and interesting food options. Highlights will include the world’s largest stringed instrument, which will run the length of Red Gold Heritage Hall, and The World of Bacon. It’s also worth getting excited for the wild Flamenco Kings musicians and acrobats, and the gourmet grilled cheese varieties that will be introduced. The new festival will also welcome in the opening of the full park for the 2017 season (only rides and select shops and eateries are open during March Spring Ride Days).
Get more info here on the official site.
Silver Dollar City will open for the “Spring Ride Days” on March 15th. All rides should be operational, but certain shops and eateries may be closed until the season really picks up for The Festival of Wonder in April. Check the official site for more information.
Fall is one of the best times to visit Silver Dollar City, in part due to the spectacular ode to the American cowboys and farmers that is the National Harvest and Cowboy Festival. The festival is running from now through October 29 and includes a massive Wild West Show, tons of visiting craftsmen spread throughout the park, and even the homecoming of the original SDC stagecoach! Get more info here on the official site.
Silver Dollar City’s popular Moonlight Madness event will run from July 23 to August 7 this year. The event revolves around keeping the park open a few extra hours until dark, giving the opportunity for night rides and other fun activities. There are also plenty of special deals to take advantage of at SDC’s shops and eateries. To cap it all off there will be a new Echo Hollow show with a grand fireworks finale.
One of Silver Dollar City’s finest festivals kicks off on May 5. Bluegrass and BBQ brings together two of the Ozark’s best traditions. Red Gold Hall fills up with BBQ styles from across the nation including Memphis, Cajun, and Hawaiian styles. At Reunion Hall they have an all-you-can-eat rib fest which includes St. Louis style ribs and hickory smoked beef brisket. While you are chowing down on all that, there’s a huge list of famous Bluegrass performers from across the country scheduled to perform all throughout May. This festival is a pretty huge deal within the Bluegrass world, so don’t miss your chance to see some of the world’s best in Silver Dollar City’s perfect settings.
For more info, check out the official event page.
2016 will be the final year for the Worldfest Festival at Silver Dollar City. The spring festival includes food and entertainment from around the world such as African dancers, Caribbean steel drums, and Eastern European singers and dancers.
Frisco Barn will be transformed into an international food court featuring fares such as bratwurst, eclairs, and tacos just to name a few.
Get more details on WorldFest Here at the official site.
Silver Dollar City will open for the 2016 on Saturday, March 12. While there aren’t any new rides or attractions to look forward to this year, we do have all of the wonderful festivals and events to look forward to.
Of special note this year is the new Founder’s Weekend on May 6-8. It will be a tremendous reunion for HFEC employees and plenty of us on SDCFans plan to be around to celebrate as well.
This year is also the last year to see Worldfest in it’s current form. The festival includes shows featuring African acrobats, steel drums from Trinidad, Eastern European dance troupes, and much more.
Check out the official site for more information.
Everyone’s favorite time of the year is right around the corner. Silver Dollar City’s world famous Christmas festival, An Old Time Christmas, is back again with over 5 million lights, 1,000 Christmas trees, a light parade, 2 amazing stage productions worthy of Broadway, and of course the centerpiece 5-story special effects tree on the main square.
Rides remain open during the Christmas season, unless the temperature drops down to near freezing. It’s a great time to get some fantastic night rides on coasters like Outlaw Run and Powderkeg. SDC has a full list of minimum temperatures for each ride here on the official site.
Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer & Friends (the ones from the old claymation tv special) are part of the Herschend Family franchise, so you can meet and greet with the characters and enjoy Rudolph’s very own parade that winds through the city twice nightly.
Get more info here on the official site.
One of the nation’s biggest gospel music events happens at Silver Dollar City each Fall: Southern Gospel Picnic. This festival features dozens of gospel bands from across the country including some of the biggest names in the genre.
Gospel music not your thing? Don’t worry, the great food at this festival is reason enough for a visit. The city’s main square will be host to The House of Chicken & Fixin’s, which will feature various kinds of chicken including apple-glazed, hickory smoked, and southern fried.
Southern Gospel Picnic runs from August 27 to September 7. A full list of performers can be found here.
Click Here for more information about Southern Gospel Picnic on the official site.
As part of 2016′s Great American Summer festival, the Harlem Globetrotters will be showcasing their skills inside Red Gold Hall all summer long. The Globetrotters are the newest addition to the Herschend Family Entertainment Corporation’s growing array of entertainment properties and activities. This is the first time the Globetrotters have been featured in an extended-run setting in a single location, with three shows daily being performed now through July.
The Globetrotter’s show at SDC will be called The Globetrotter Experience and will include special effects and a 4-story video screen. The show will combine humor, athleticism, and positive experiences for kids of all ages.
Check out Channel 5′s great video interview here.
Read the official press release here.
Archives by Subject:
- 2009 Project Progress – July 5
- 2009 Project Upate 7-25-09
- 2013 Roller Coaster Construction Update
- 2016 Season Begins March 12
- 2017 Project Construction Update – 5/21/16
- 2017 Season Begins March 15
- 225ft Tall Drop Tower and Other Attractions In Latest Proposal for Branson Strip
- An Old Time Christmas 2008
- An Old Time Christmas 2010
- An Old Time Christmas 2014
- An Old Time Christmas Begins Nov. 7
- Attraction Spotlight: Birdle’s Cabin
- Attraction Spotlight: Grandfather’s Mansion
- Attraction Spotlight: Marvel Cave
- Attraction Spotlight: Powderkeg
- Attraction Spotlight: Tom and Huck’s RiverBlast
- Bigfoot Drop Tower Attraction is Now Vertical
- Bluegrass & BBQ All Through May
- Branson Harbor Building Demolished For New Development
- Branson Landing Extension Proposed
- Branson Mountain Coaster Is Now Open
- Branson Water Chute Up For Sale
- Branson Zip-Line Roundup
- Celebration City Buildings Vandalized
- Celebration City Update – Aug. 2011
- Clearing Continues On Apparent New Coaster Project
- Coaster Christmas 2014
- Cool-Off Water Chute Being Torn Down, New Attraction on the Way
- Culinary Arts School and Off-Season Construction (2008)
- Culinary Arts School Update
- Curtains Close on Geyser Gulch
- Date Set for SDC 2015 Project Announcement
- Documentary Featuring Branson Performing Families is Now on Netflix
- Dollywood 2016 Coaster Rumors Heat Up
- Dollywood Tops Off Resort, Hints at Another Major Announcement
- Dollywood’s FireChaser Express Gets Own Ice Cream Flavor
- Downtown Branson Revitalization Project Begins Soon
- Final WorldFest Features Entertainment From Around the Globe
- Fireman’s Landing Construction Update
- Fireman’s Landing has Grand Opening and Dedication
- Fireman’s Landing S&S Tower Lifted Into Place
- Fireman’s Landing Topped Off with Iconic Bell
- Fireman’s Landing Update (Coaster Christmas)
- Fireman’s Landing Update – Nov. 30, 2014
- Harlem Globetrotters Now Performing at SDC
- Herschend Family Entertainment to Help Fill Record-Setting 500,000 Shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child
- Inside the SDC Costume Shop
- It’s An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City!
- Joel Manby to Leave HFEC for SeaWorld CEO Job
- Moonlight Madness
- More Markings Appear for 2017 Project
- Mysterious $10 Million Attraction Coming to Branson Strip
- National Harvest & Cowboy Festival
- New Chipotle-Inspired Restaurant Coming to SDC
- New Construction Markings Show Up at SDC
- New Festival of Wonder Runs April 6-30
- New Pasghetti’s Exterior Reveals Branson’s Continued Low Standards
- New Ride Prep/Culinary Arts School Update
- Old Reeds Spring Church In Jeopordy
- Original SDC Stagecoach Completes Tour, Will Return to Park This Fall
- Outlaw Run Construction Tour
- Outlaw Run Officially a World Record Holder
- Ozark Wildcat to be Torn Down, No New Plans for Site
- Packing Up the Landing
- Park & Construction Update – 7/19/09
- Park Updates and Photo Trip Report – Aug. 2011
- Park Updates and Photo Trip Report – Aug. 2012
- Park Updates and Photos – Aug. 2010
- Park/Construction Update – Sept. 28, 2009
- Parking Project Update
- Plans Revealed For New Branson Landing & Water Chute Site Attractions
- Ray Johnson, Silver Dollar City Bladesmith, Passes Away
- RiverBlast Concept Artwork
- Roadwork on 76 to Begin Later This Month
- SDC Debuts New Teaser Site For 2018 Coaster Project
- SDC Off-Season Photos – 2008
- SDC Purchases Additional Steam Trains
- SDCFans Member Featured on GAC Show Featuring Silver Dollar City
- SDCFans.com Undergoes Yet More Changes
- Silver Dollar City Announces ‘Fireman’s Landing’
- Silver Dollar City Featured on DIY Network’s Salvage Dawgs
- Silver Dollar City Hits Single Day Attendance Record
- Silver Dollar City Hosts Firefighter Event and Honors Fallen Firemen
- Silver Dollar City Introduces New Character
- Silver Dollar City Meets Attendance Expectations for 2014
- Silver Dollar City Memorial Day Weekend 2014 Trip Report
- Silver Dollar City Opening Day 2015
- Silver Dollar City’s An Old Time Christmas 2011
- Something’s Missing at SDC
- Southern Gospel Picnic Starts August 27
- Spirit of 76 Project Provides a Way Forward for Branson
- Spring Ride Days Start on March 14
- The Flooded Mine Celebrates 50 Seasons of Fun
- Three Reasons To Visit Silver Dollar City Theme Park In 2017
- Throwback Thursday: Gaslight Square
- Throwback Thursday: Jim Owens’ Float Trip
- Throwback Thursday: Runaway-Ore-Carts
- Throwback Thursday: Shanty Town
- Throwback Thursday: The Beverly Hillbillies Visit SDC
- Throwback Thursday: The Gandy Dancer
- Throwback Thursday: The Green Parking Trams
- USA Today’s 10-Best Website Poll Includes 2 SDC Attractions
- Violet Hensley, One of Silver Dollar City’s Oldest Musicians, Biographed in New Book
- Waterboggin/Splash Harbor Demolition
- What’s Next for the Grand Palace?
- Wild Adventures to Get Flying Carpet Ride