• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Spiritual feelings at SDC

Started by Andymeets1880s, June 22, 2010, 12:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubedugans

This brings up a good question, How many other theme parks have a church on the premises?

I know Dogpatch used to:Here are a few photos from a year or so back.

coasterjedi

I was married in that church. It always make me feel amazing when I go in there.

Zephon

I got married in the Wilderness Church on a Dec 16th.  It was 8 degrees outside and in.  Record for the day.  But you're right, I feel the Spirit there often.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Ozark Outlaw

I wouldn't say that I necessarily get a spiritual feeling when visiting Silver Dollar City, but it sure is very peaceful place for the heart, and soul. Silver Dollar City, and even the Ozarks for that matter really help me to appreciate life. :)

DollarCityBoy

My Family always tries to visit the Wilderness Church at least once every time we visit SDC. I always feel Gods presence in that beautiful old church. Also, right before the tree lighting ceremony, when the speaker talks about the life of Jesus, we always get a warm fuzzy feeling. I also feel Gods presence during the train ride when "Grandpa" tells the real "Reason for the Season." I love the values that SDC was founded on, & I am very thankful that the company hasn't strayed from them.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

StaceySue

Quote from: Zephon on November 11, 2010, 08:52:08 PM
I got married in the Wilderness Church on a Dec 16th.  It was 8 degrees outside and in.  Record for the day.  But you're right, I feel the Spirit there often.

We were also married in the Wilderness Church.  It was in October--unseasonably warm.  But even before we were married there, I'd always felt a special peace in the church.

joshblakebran

Another awesome thread from old...
Colorado SDC Fan

Sdcnut

The whole park does it for me. The first time I went around 5yrs ago, the sons of the silver dollar were praising the Lord with a song as we walked in.  An elderly woman was telling a story with a biblical lesson to children on the front porch of the cabin.  Later I heard the Bankesters singing like a band of angels. All the employees were happy and friendly while they worked.  I thought this is the best glimpse of what heaven will be like that we can see on earth.

joshblakebran

I agree with you SDcnut...welcome to the forums
Colorado SDC Fan

Preachin_Bill

Absolutely one of the main reasons we vacation there.  Outlaw run and things like that are nice but this gives the park true meaning and atmosphere you can't just find anywhere.  Of course you can find God everywhere and anywhere, but the church, park, and Ozark area are religious vacation destinations.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.