• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Thunderation Downtime - April 2024

Started by mg, April 29, 2024, 03:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mg

Anyone hear anything about why Thunderation has been down the past few days?
Looking at past wait times, looks like it might have started to be down on the 26th and is still closed today.

shavethewhales

I don't know, but even Wildfire had some downtown on Saturday. TNT has been known to have some issues as we've discussed about the pothole that's formed near the start of the tunnel. I hope they can get it rideable through this season, but it needs a partial rebuild very soon.

mg

Quote from: shavethewhales on April 30, 2024, 03:58:44 PM
I don't know, but even Wildfire had some downtown on Saturday. TNT has been known to have some issues as we've discussed about the pothole that's formed near the start of the tunnel. I hope they can get it rideable through this season, but it needs a partial rebuild very soon.

Not sure if it's true, but I saw a post on another site that said Wildfire was struck by lighting on Friday and was having sensor issues that were causing the downtime for it.

mg

Screamscape is reporting that they heard that a storm caused trees to fall on the track and may have caused some structural damage to Thunderation.

Swoosh

Quote from: mg on May 05, 2024, 09:38:24 AM
Screamscape is reporting that they heard that a storm caused trees to fall on the track and may have caused some structural damage to Thunderation.

Cannot confirm if there was any structural damage, but can confirm that they are "pruning" trees around the track
SWOOSH

Duelist

The SDC app shows Thunderation open today with no wait time.
I'm Your Huckleberry