• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

The Heart of the Ozarks tagline

Started by biscuitcreek, July 12, 2024, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biscuitcreek

Just returned from our monthly quick trip to Branson/Springfield. On most of the SDC billboards there is a tagline below the SDC logo -- the Heart of the Ozarks.

mg

They started using it earlier this season. Also, they used "in the heartland" in all of the fire in the hole releases/events quite a bit. With the Ozark Mtns being used with the logo too they are really distancing themselves from Branson. Just like how Big Cedar does.

shavethewhales

Yes, a continuation of the rebranding/new logo from last year with the Ozark Mtns tagline.

I'm growing more curious about what is going on with Branson itself. We've discussed in other threads that there are some pretty glaring issues with the strip and many properties are getting dilapidated or being turned into seedier options. It really seems like the whole town is in free-fall at this point though. Somehow it's much worse than when we where in an actual economic recession back in 2008-09. Something weird is going on...

Seems like SDC probably knows a lot about what is going on behind the scenes and has understood for awhile now that Branson is a becoming a bad name to be attached to... Question is, what is the city actually doing about it?

chittlins

It's quite wierd. You got Mr. Bass Pro going gangbusters south of Branson complete witha world class Amphitheater setting with massive names headlining. You know that SDC resorts will be off the chain and very successful. I only pray that they build a legit waterpark out that way. I don't believe the marketing hype about Whitewater. 77 just simply needs widened  if businesses have to go, they go.

I will say this. I find more Found North whiskey bottles at MacAdoodles in Branson than anywhere. That place has made me very very happy over the past couple of years. I snagged an 8 yr New Riff on Friday there. Very Happy indeed.