• Welcome to SDCFans - The Unofficial Fan Site For Silver Dollar City. Please log in or sign up.

Update on Joey Riley..

Started by sanddunerider, April 02, 2013, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle1

Thank you for sharing this with everyone! Joey is a wonderful person and every time that I have seen/visited with him, you can't help but leave with a smile. I hope I am able to go to the fundraiser show on 04/20.

tiffanylynnt

Clay Cooper has several updates about Joey on his facebook page. If you want up to date details, add Clay as a friend.
"They don't hit nothin' though... They're New York Yankees." - Alfie Bolin

rubedugans

My dad had the same diagnosis in July 2011, he went through countless surgeries and treatments, and is cancer free to this day thankfully. It is a tough road for him, but with a good spirit, prayer, and a good support team including the family, friends and doctors, hopefully Joey can make it.

sanddunerider

I just received E-mail from Grand Country, they are have a special edition of Down Home Country (excellect show) for just 10.00 per person.... the next monday 4-15 @ 10:00 am!!  I have my reservations! She be a good time for a  GREAT cause..

Also A benefit show will be held @ Clay Cooper on Saturday 4-20 @ 2 PM..

okiebluegrass

Saw on Facebook that Joey got to go home from the hospital yesterday  :)

sanddunerider

Joey riley passed away last night..  I saw the notice on Terry Sanders FB page,,,

Here is the quote from Joeys fan page;

"It is with the deepest sadness that I inform all of Joey's fans, supporters and friends that Joey passed away last night. He went to Heaven peacefully in his sleep, surrounded by those who loved him. He will be missed by many, but we know he is in a better place, reunited with his mother and father and those who have gone before him. The Riley family can't thank everyone enough for all the love, support and kindness you have showed us during this trying time. Details about services will be shared as soon as arrangements are made.""

Junior

Best to the Riley family. He was a special Branson entertainer.
"Howdy there folks! My name is Junior Dugan, and I'll be drivin' your diving bell!"

Ozark Outlaw

I also learned of the news on Facebook. Joey had one heck of a smile, and his laughter warmed the hearts of many.

okiebluegrass

Friended Clay Cooper on facebook a while back, They are having the memorial today for Joey